AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 15:03   Link #1
willx
Nyaaan~~

Talking Horimiya (Manga)

Horimiya (ホリミヤ) is a manga series by HERO with art by Hagiwara Daisuke.

Hori is your average teenage girl, and in fact one of the most popular girls in her class. She has a side she wants no one else to ever find about, the fact that outside of school, she acts like a plain housewife to help out her family and take care of her younger brother. Then there's her classmate Miyamura, your generic glasses-wearing boy in school and with his long hair and quiet personality, is considered to be quite creepy and is a relative loner. He too is a totally different person outside of school. When the two meet unexpectedly, they discover each others' secrets and develop an unexpected friendship.

This series is a comedic slice-of-life romance story that is utterly adorable and heart warming. Don't judge a book by it's cover and don't judge people based on appearances and first impressions!

Currently 6 chapters have been scanslated, but I have become aware that this was based on an original web series under the same name!

It also looks like there will be an anime OAV: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...42#post4286342

Last edited by willx; 2012-10-31 at 15:49.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:07   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

You are really a great reference to gems.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:43   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Miya is soo stupid

so far there 2/3 chance going to normal route and 1/3 chance going to Bl route

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:46   Link #4
ragez2010
TamingSari

are this manga have anything to do with Hori-san to Miyamura-kun? because the description almost the same
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:52   Link #5
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragez2010 View Post
are this manga have anything to do with Hori-san to Miyamura-kun? because the description almost the same
Looks like that's the original web series that I had mentioned above. Searching your note however made me realize that there was a forum post created for an upcoming anime OAV! (Edited first post! Hat tip!)

I'm so excited! This story is quite adorable!

Old 2012-10-31, 19:30   Link #6
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally someone make a thread of this It's pretty hard for me to keep up-to-date with the latest chapter because batoto doesn't upload this

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 20:24   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Thanks for making the thread, willx.

Last chapter: I lol'd at Meow-Mura. Talk about subtext!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 22:17   Link #8
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Thanks for making the thread, willx.

Last chapter: I lol'd at Meow-Mura. Talk about subtext!
Hahaha.. I just love that dopey yet adorable guy.. And the way they draw him, always so sleepy but utterly harmless (except for random sexual tension!) .. he's like "Huh? Why? Why you be mean to me .. I like you Toru.. *meow*"
Old 2012-11-05, 00:57   Link #9
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

New chapter is up

I still find it hard to cope up with the fast pace transition between each chapters.. but at least each chapter is pretty entertaining. The last part where Sengoku seems afraid with Miyamura might bring up some pretty interesting skit in the future.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 04:24   Link #10
for3ver
The Lost Child

lol headbutts the guy cause he felt like it...

ahh...

dont you love people who act on impulse!
Old 2012-11-05, 06:25   Link #11
blade82

now i see why he has perfect score for education physical and i may think that he was a delinqent that explain his stong headbutt and the tatoos/piercings

Last edited by blade82; 2012-11-05 at 09:11.
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 09:59   Link #12
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh dear, meow-mura is more GARR! than I would have ever thought..

I wonder if he's .. experienced as well ..
Old 2012-11-05, 22:46   Link #13
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just read this too.
Really like all the main cast and the story so far.

Miya is usually an airhead but he can be really straightforward sometimes, like when he's asking when Hori let him take a bath on her hotel room. I like Hori more when her on 'housewife mode'. Toru and Yoshikawa looks great together :3

And Meow-mura is really adorable. I had great laugh when Toru had the second dream and he knew he was on the dream XDD
Old 2012-11-07, 20:03   Link #14
Kazu-kun

I took a look at the original manga (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun) and I gotta say I like this version (Horimiya) better. Putting the drawing aside, what I like the most about it is that it's mainly told from Hori's POV. I find this works better than having Miyamura as POV character, like in the original, since it gives it a more unique flair. When this story is told from Miya's POV it feels like your run of the mile shounen romance, but when it's told from Hori's POV it's like a blend between shounen and shoujo, which is extremity cool.

Too bad the OVA was based on the original. It should have been based on this one.
Old 2012-11-07, 20:43   Link #15
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I took a look at the original manga (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun) and I gotta say I like this version (Horimiya) better. Putting the drawing aside, what I like the most about it is that it's mainly told from Hori's POV. I find this works better than having Miyamura as POV character, like in the original, since it gives it a more unique flair. When this story is told from Miya's POV it feels like your run of the mile shounen romance, but when it's told from Hori's POV it's like a blend between shounen and shoujo, which is extremity cool.

Too bad the OVA was based on the original. It should have been based on this one.
Ah, so that's why I didn't like the OVA as much as I thought I would. I've been reading Horimiya, which I thoroughly enjoy, not Hori-san to Miyamura-kun. My one complaint was that the OVA was too Miyamura-centric, and now I know why!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 09:27   Link #16
willx
Nyaaan~~

And, new chapter! Oh Miya.. why do I find you so adorable? I want to squish you!

All signs point to yes
Old 2012-11-17, 05:23   Link #17
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm loving the manga adaptation a lot. I've already said it in the OVA thread but this series has really struck a chord with me, enough that it's one of my current favourite slice-of-life series. In fact I think I'll place an order for this manga (It's only two vols so far anyway). Still pissed that the OVA is only available in two stores and currently out of print. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I took a look at the original manga (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun) and I gotta say I like this version (Horimiya) better. Putting the drawing aside, what I like the most about it is that it's mainly told from Hori's POV.
The OVA may have been Miyamura focused, but I don't feel that the original webcomic has any real POV at all. It just focuses on a character when the topic is about them and moves on, especially when more and more characters start appearing. I personally enjoyed Miyamura's POV from the OVA more but like Hori's POV just the same since it gives light to her side of the story. In that respect I really dig that both adaptations of the source have given us a glimpse of each side of our main duo.

Anyway the main reason I'm here is to share this cover of December's GFantasy, featuring Miyamura and the cast of Kimi to Boku:

I want that artwork as a poster/pencilboard/file/some format that doesn't involve getting the whole issue of GFantasy so bad.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 05:28   Link #18
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Reminds me of Maid Sama.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 10:31   Link #19
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh dear.. Chapter 9 is out. And.. FRIEND (RING) ZONE!

Although I love Hori x Miya so much, I can't help but feel bad for Toru.. Because I'm anal retentive, I'm going to look in future chapters to see if Miya is wearing the ring..

All signs point to -- friendship!
Old 2012-11-23, 10:43   Link #20
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yes - indeed, I stumbled across this one a little while ago totally by chance and have been enjoying it. Glad someone made a thread on it already!

Tags
romantic comedy