AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-19, 16:00   Link #21
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Ruffy, if you want DVD quality get the KAA fan releases of TSR.

//Edited, GAHH I miss read what kj1980 said,
Old 2006-01-19, 17:29   Link #22
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
@kj1980 do u plan on reading the BOMF novel

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-19 at 17:42.
Old 2006-01-19, 17:43   Link #23
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
@kj1980 do u plan on reading the BOMF novel

I already answered that question here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27003 didn't I? Please do not post if you are going to write nothing other than a one-liner which a PM would suffice - this is a Q and A thread for questions regarding FMP, not a place to discuss what I plan to personally read on my spare time commuting to and from work.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-19 at 17:54.
Old 2006-01-22, 19:22   Link #24
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
dont know where this will go so im gonna say there is a new chapter to COMO out at http://pwolfamv.com/FMP/ its chapter 3a
Old 2006-01-22, 23:52   Link #25
mishangelle

kj, thank you so much for the summary of bomf! i have a few questions if you're able to answer them.

the memory of his mother - is that the only memory he has of his parents? what about his dad, or other possible relatives? has there ever been hints about them at all in the other books?

i find it passing strange that sousuke never tried finding out anymore about his family while in japan and i'm curious about what his life would've been like if that plane crash never happened.
Old 2006-01-22, 23:54   Link #26
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishangelle
kj, thank you so much for the summary of bomf! i have a few questions if you're able to answer them.

the memory of his mother - is that the only memory he has of his parents? what about his dad, or other possible relatives? has there ever been hints about them at all in the other books?

i find it passing strange that sousuke never tried finding out anymore about his family while in japan and i'm curious about what his life would've been like if that plane crash never happened.
No, so far that is the only image he has in his memory. Perhaps later novels might show some more details, but at "One Man Force," that is the only thing written.

Of course, there does seem to have hints of what happened in a short story that has yet to be published into one novel, but since I do not read Dragon Magazine, I wouldn't know.
Old 2006-01-23, 00:41   Link #27
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
by any chance do u know when the next volume will be out. or how long it usually takes.
No, and the answer is always the same. As for how long it takes, you can take a look at the Information and FAQs regarding FMP and look at the original publishing date between each novel and figure that out by yourself. Rest assurred of course, is that is just a reference, so even if several months pass by and you screaming "when is the next volume coming out" does not make things go foward.
Old 2006-01-23, 21:23   Link #28
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Trivia info: in the original novel, Sousuke's handgun is a Glock 19. In the anime versions, his handgun is a Glock 26.
hmmmmm....interesting. I wonder why they changed it? Any ideas? And does he ever give any reasons for preferring the glock? I can't remember off the top of my head.
Old 2006-01-26, 11:00   Link #29
Crucifix

It's all speculations up to this point, we don't know anything yet. I'm sure kj will let us know first thing if a new season/ova/movie will be out. I'm more of hoping that they license TSR soon, I'm sure that if the DVD sells great internationally it will contribute even if only a little.

We can only hope and wait.
Old 2006-01-27, 00:48   Link #30
lemondude
"super lemon"

regarding the manga, how does it work? Like what chapter and volume are after TSR?

Thanx
Old 2006-01-27, 05:58   Link #31
Crucifix

Basically, FMP is a series of light novels. The pictures are scarce and far in between. It's written in prose form and serialized in Dragon Magazine and later compiled into their novel/book form. Side stories are separated from the main story novels and so far TSR is based on the novel Owaru Day by Day. After that 3 more novels came out, Odoru Very Merry Christmas, Tsuduku on my Own and Moeru One Man Force, these are all part of the main story.

If you want to read the english translation of the novels you might want to visit this website:

http://boku-tachi.net

I hope this helps in some way.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-27 at 13:26.
Old 2006-01-27, 13:26   Link #32
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucifix
Basically, FMP is a series of light novels. The pictures are scarce and far in between. It's written in prose form and serialized in Dragon Magazine and later compiled into their novel/book form. Side stories are separated from the main story novels and so far TSR is based on the novel Owaru Day by Day. After that 3 more novels came out, Odoru Very Merry Christmas, Tsuduku on my Own and Moeru One Man Force, these are all part of the main story.

If you want to read the english translation of the novels you might want to visit this website:

http://boku-tachi.net

I hope this helps in some way.

Better yet, you could've just redirected this question by making him look at: Information and FAQs regarding FMP which practically explains which episodes are which for each light novel that are out up to "Moeru One Man Force."
Old 2006-01-28, 12:25   Link #33
lemondude
"super lemon"

where do you buy the english translated version?? If there are any??
Old 2006-01-28, 15:48   Link #34
Pippin4242

There are none. ADV has translated versions of the manga which you can buy online (I don't like them very much).

*~Pips~*
Old 2006-01-29, 14:18   Link #35
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Is there going to be another season or was "the second raid" the last one ?
It's just more profitable for them if they do continue with the series. The only problem is that, right now, we don't really have much storyline in the novels to make a full-size series just yet. It's just my opinion, but I think that a new series could only show up in late 2007-2008.

I was actually scared when I heard that Saint Seiya took over 15 years to be finished. If that happens to FMP, I'll be on a hunger strike for sure.

About the manga, it's not that bad, I've been buying it from ADV-Manga, 2 at a time. It's kind of like watching the whole series again, just in black and white and not in motion. But IMO Tessa looks way more cure in the manga :x

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-01-29, 14:59   Link #36
Pippin4242

I thought that, but also Souske's face looks fat, Mao's neck is even longer than usual, Tessa's sideburns are odd and Kurz's hair is way too short. I think Kaname is the only one who benefits from the manga treatment. Oh, and I am probably biased against the manga because I am a flaming Kurz fangirl. :P

*~Pips~*
Old 2006-01-29, 20:23   Link #37
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

What I like about the manga is that you can read these side stories regarding Kaname and Sousuke at school (ones that wernt included in seasons 1, 2 and fumoffu)

one I really liked that I wish they included in fumoffu was

Spoiler:

Actually, that story was based on the short story "Maigo no Old Dog" from Dounimo Naranai Gorimuchuu. As it is a short story that is yet to be incorporated into anime form, who knows? It may show up in the next series should they decide to go with the ones that follow the short stories like "Fumoffu" did.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-30 at 22:34.
Old 2006-02-01, 07:34   Link #38
Sunspot

Any info on where to get this ones?
Old 2006-02-01, 11:00   Link #39
lemondude
"super lemon"

dude any info as to wat that is a ost??
Old 2006-02-01, 13:01   Link #40
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
dude any info as to wat that is a ost??

OST= original soundtrack (as from the anime)
Closed Thread