AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Which show will be over-subbed the most in the Spring Season?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 0 0%
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 14 24.14%
El Cazador de la Bruja 2 3.45%
Idol Master XENOGLOSSIA 3 5.17%
CLAYMORE 22 37.93%
Oh Edo! Rocket 0 0%
Romeo x Juliet 8 13.79%
Darker than BLACK-Kuro no Keiyakusha- 4 6.90%
Kami-chama Karin 0 0%
Other (please specify in thread) 5 8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-26, 04:29   Link #1
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Which show will be oversubbed the most in the Spring Season?

By over-subbed, I simply mean have the most groups sub episode 1. I generally chose the choices from the pukiwiki fansub "claim" list.... and my own opinions. If you think the most oversubbed show will be something else, vote "other".

This poll is designed to be paired with my other poll on which shows will be undersubbed.
Sam Pinansky

Last edited by Quarkboy; 2007-03-26 at 04:53. Reason: Edited: The sub forum stays dead, as this was deamed more appropriate for the general masses by the powers that be.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 04:39   Link #2
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

To be honest, I'd be surprised if there are enough active groups to oversub anything, looking at what the Winter season produced. With a lot of groups still subbing things like Death Note and the latest speedsub craze, Code Geass, I'd be surprised if anything is oversubbed.

Having said that though, if a series was to be oversubbed, I'd imagine it would be Claymore and possibly Devil May Cry 3 which didn't even make your list
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 04:45   Link #3
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
To be honest, I'd be surprised if there are enough active groups to oversub anything, looking at what the Winter season produced. With a lot of groups still subbing things like Death Note and the latest speedsub craze, Code Geass, I'd be surprised if anything is oversubbed.

Having said that though, if a series was to be oversubbed, I'd imagine it would be Claymore and possibly Devil May Cry 3 which didn't even make your list
Devil May Cry will air in June... So I don't consider it a Spring show.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 04:49   Link #4
endy
aka kami

definately rxj and claymore, maybe stikerS

seems like there will be a number of good shows this season though, hopefully all of them will get subbed.
endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 05:33   Link #5
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Voted Claymore. Other likely candidates could be:
- Seirei no Moribito
- Idol Master
- that combat butler show
- StrikerS, just for its immense popularity on /a/ and elsewhere
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 05:55   Link #6
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
To be honest, I'd be surprised if there are enough active groups to oversub anything, looking at what the Winter season produced.
I think we've witnessed seasons with far better catalogues of anime than this year's winter.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 06:24   Link #7
lamer_de

I don't see why strikers should get a lot of subbers, seeing that the first and second season were only subbed by triad and it already was popular at that time. Probably 1 speedsub group for those who don't want to wait for triad. My bet's on Darker than Black. Claymore would be a good choice, but I'm getting the impression that DtB is even more hyped (zomg, BONES! omg, $random voice actress! dang, $random jpop/jrock group for the OP etc).

CU,
lamer_de

Last edited by lamer_de; 2007-03-26 at 06:34.
lamer_de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:44   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

These shows or the resp. manga or video games are pretty popular. So there is already a fan following even before anime airs . I would say other than Claymore .

- Devil May Cry
- Strikers
- Hayate the Combat Butler
Old 2007-03-26, 09:18   Link #9
rooboy
Umeboshi!

From the shows in the list, I think that Xenoglossia has the best chance of being oversubbed (if we're defining oversubbed as only the first episode). It had a preview episode, so the first episode was at the forefront of the new season. I've noticed over the last couple of years that shows that are started earlier in the season are more likely to be subbed than shows that start later. My working theory is that anticipation is highest early in the season and it wanes as it goes on (which is why so many shows stall on the subbing), so if I were to guess, I'd go with the earliest anticipated show - Xenoglossia. My second choice would be Claymore, as it seems like it could slip into the slot of, for example, D Gray Man - where several speed-subbers are followed by several other groups.
Old 2007-03-26, 09:34   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah D Gray Man is subbed by multiple Fansubs even Code Geass for that matter . Lately its started for GH also , which is a good thing
Old 2007-03-26, 10:53   Link #11
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Clay, Striker S, and if Haruhi season 2 comes out that will likely be oversubbed as well.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 11:00   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think we're going to have more trouble with many series being undersubbed/unsubbed.... since we're having that trouble right now in this season (even popular series lagging or unsubbed to the point I'm concerned they may get dropped when the new stuff shows up).

I guessed StrykerS mostly because of the buzz but I can see 4 or 5 probables.
Old 2007-03-26, 11:12   Link #13
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
(even popular series lagging or unsubbed to the point I'm concerned they may get dropped when the new stuff shows up).
Quite true; but hopefully won't happen. Looking at the classified ads thread shows me that some groups are boosting their numbers for shows of the upcoming season. If nothing else, well, there's always Shinsen to declare it'll take on all the series this season... (Lame joke, forgive me).
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 11:30   Link #14
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Clay, Striker S, and if Haruhi season 2 comes out that will likely be oversubbed as well.
Actually I doubt Strikers nor the rumored (but definitely not coming in the spring) second season of Haruhi will be oversubbed. Those series were not oversubbed the first time (well, I'm not 100% sure about the first season of Nanoha, I only started watching when A's was coming out), it seems strange to imagine that they would be in later seasons.

As far as I can tell, there's little correlation between how many groups sub a show and how popular that show is. It's true that if a lot of groups are subbing an episode, that usually means it's a pretty popular show, but, on the other hand, lots of popular shows have only been subbed by one group.

As for Vexx's point, I wouldn't worry that much about it. Shows that get started have a tendency to get finished at some point. They're still releasing Poirot and Marple, Keroro Gunso, Inukami and Simoun - someone will eventually finish off whatever it is you're worried about. Well, unless the group really doesn't like it, which drops it's chances considerably. But if that's the case, it's not really the new season's fault, it's because they just don't like the show.
Old 2007-03-26, 14:31   Link #15
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
My money's on Darker than Black and Romeo x Juliet~
Old 2007-03-26, 14:33   Link #16
Dorienn

RXJ and Claymore, I'd say. Although, I'm not really familiar with the other series that are supposed to be both due and popular, so I can merely speculate.

There are some series which I find quite interesting though!
Dorienn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 15:25   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Sinc Clannad isn't out until Fall I can't really say, but I think it will be Nanoha. I can think of a number of groups who already are interested in doing it and there will probably be even more new groups popping up to do it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 15:46   Link #18
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Sinc Clannad isn't out until Fall I can't really say, but I think it will be Nanoha. I can think of a number of groups who already are interested in doing it and there will probably be even more new groups popping up to do it.
What about Lucky Star ? I am not a fan of KyoAni works (even if I enjoy Haruhi), but everything they do seem to get extremely popular (cough cough, I didn't say overhyped)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 19:45   Link #19
Devastator

Judging by the list on the Wiki and the ads, I'd say RxJ, definitely. With all the commotion, I'd say Claymore is also very probable.

Regarding Lucky Star though, I talked to someone and apparently a lot of groups had the same reason for not picking it up. So, I'd say Lucky Star isn't a likely candidate.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 19:54   Link #20
andromeda0201

Romeo and Juliet
other possibilities would be Hayate the combat butler and Seto no Hanayome
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote