Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-30, 16:05   Link #21
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
ditto ^^ i think the saddest was stellar. i was ahem bawling when she died...well not exactly bawling but i had a lot of tears :\
Which is complete rip off of Four and Kamille, in turn is based on Amuro, lalah and Char. The utter lack of originaility took any sympathy I had.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 17:10   Link #22
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Um, Shinn and Stella is simply based on Four and Kamille. Their relationships are quite different (especially the movie version of FxK, which is now canon). Comparing the two is just something you UC homers use to bash GSD with...it's not even close to being a "complete rip off".
Old 2006-05-30, 18:58   Link #23
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
I actually cheered when Katz's bits the dust, the annoying brat keeps doing what he wants finally dies. Camille's mom died kinda the same way as Uso's, right in front of her son, although Uso's was worse because he was right there and the only reason she died was because Uso couldn't free her fron the damaged MS.
Well I won't try comparing which is worse. Simply put, both series have that much impact on me, but not depressing or even sad.

As for War in the Pocket, yeah it was unfortunate that Bernie died. But in the end, I think it was still a good ending for him. Al's probably the sadder character of the two. But his death is also an important lesson for Al. So, as a whole, it wasn't a relatively sad series for me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 19:29   Link #24
Android raptor

Ghinius: Gee, who didn't see that coming? Anyway, I have absolutly bawled while watching his death scene (and seeing his grave in the end credits). And it was so unneeded, because Ayna could've prevented him from doing what he did, IMHO. If she had just payed more attention to his rapidly-deteriorating mental state and given him help, I believe that he probably wouldn't have gone off the deep end.

Bernie: I didn't cry, per say, but got damn near close to it. The first three episodes are so happy and cute, but then episode four and beyond will tear your heart out. And considering he could've been with Chris, just, sad.

Garma and Kishiria: There was no point in killing them off, except that Char was being an ASS. Garma was just so innocent yet strong, and Kishiria was a great female character!
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 19:37   Link #25
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, I agree on Garma too...I mean, technically, he wasn't involved in the battles for any big "ideals" for Zeon or anything, but merely to prove himself to the public's eyes that he was actually a good commander and not just given his position just because of Degwin being the sovereign of Zeon.

And Char goes and gets him killed off just because he happens to be a Zabi Family member...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 19:48   Link #26
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android raptor
Ghinius: Gee, who didn't see that coming? Anyway, I have absolutly bawled while watching his death scene (and seeing his grave in the end credits). And it was so unneeded, because Ayna could've prevented him from doing what he did, IMHO. If she had just payed more attention to his rapidly-deteriorating mental state and given him help, I believe that he probably wouldn't have gone off the deep end.

Bernie: I didn't cry, per say, but got damn near close to it. The first three episodes are so happy and cute, but then episode four and beyond will tear your heart out. And considering he could've been with Chris, just, sad.

Garma and Kishiria: There was no point in killing them off, except that Char was being an ASS. Garma was just so innocent yet strong, and Kishiria was a great female character!
And we never got to see Talia blow off Gil's head with a bazooka either
Old 2006-05-30, 19:53   Link #27
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Shinn is the saddest, for reasons stated above :P

as for the series, After colony, since "Gundams were never seen again"
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 19:54   Link #28
mikyu

luna, because she has to be shinn's girlfriend

well, I had hope for her ... the luna at the end of GSD made me veeery sad! she could have become such a nice chara ... but nooo~ ... now I have to hate her for that.
That she's shinn's girlfriend wouldn't be bad ... but it happened so sudden, that it's like she was forced.
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 00:49   Link #29
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Um, Shinn and Stella is simply based on Four and Kamille. Their relationships are quite different (especially the movie version of FxK, which is now canon). Comparing the two is just something you UC homers use to bash GSD with...it's not even close to being a "complete rip off".
First off, unless you know me in person, don't call me a UC homer, I like some AU's such as Gundam wing and parts of Gundam seed just fine. Secondly, since when was the new zeta movie canon? its name was a new translation, an alternative retelling at best of the original zeta. ZZ did happen in UC you know, (although I hate that show)

Four and Kamille was based off of Amuro, char and Lalah, its even mentioned in Zeta how similar the situation was, how was shinn's relationship with stella different with Four's and Kamille's? Both chick was their enemey, both were mental, they had to fight each other, Kamille loved Four while Shinn loves Stella and both Four and Stella dies, even that part is similar, since both Four and Stella both piloted a massive MS that wasted several cities. Its not very saddening when you know that Stella is going to bit the dust from the start because the situation was exactly like the one in zeta. How is that not a complete rip off?

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 02:31   Link #30
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'd say the saddest (in emotion, not pathetic-ness of character or whatever) was Four and Kamille. After everything Kamille and Four did for each other (Four helping Kamille to get to space, Four helping Kamille get away from Jerid at Gibraltar, Four shielding Kamille from Jerid's attack, Kamille doing everything he could to get Four away from the Titans and the Psycho Gundam), in the end she's forced completely against her will to fight for the Titans which resulted in her death. If she hadn't been brainwashed and mind-controlled, she wouldn't have gotten back in the Psycho, and Kamille wouldn't have been distracted for Jerid to nearly kill Kamille, thus Four never would have had to use herself as a shield to protect Kamille.

Jerid definitely comes in second. As said, he tried with all his might to beat Kamille, but victory over him was beyond his reach the whole time.
Old 2006-05-31, 03:16   Link #31
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
it s hard to tell wich one is the saddest character in the whole Gundam franchise, since sad can have different meaning from the state of mind the character had during the show or the one that generate the most sadness in your heart. IMO the saddest in term character would be Recoa Rondo (ZG) in term of state of mind. The one i felt the most sadness for would be Fllay Alster (GS). The saddest Shynn Asuka (GSD) in term of wasted character space, i really felt sad for the Gundam franchise when i saw such a sadely/poor/lame character.
Gato from stardust memory could also be a good pick
Char Aznable can also be concider one of the sadest, in ZG he seemed to have overcome Lala’s death but in CCA we can see that he enterly succomb to the weight of his memories, it s sad for such a nice character to fall this low

Havent seen war in pocket and V gundam yet will comment on those whenever i get a chance to see these.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 03:29   Link #32
Sleep|My|Valentine

Send a message via Yahoo to Sleep|My|Valentine
id say it's Duo, i think its hard to act like your happy just to forget what had happened on the orphanage

i think it's lonilness why duo said that he and hero are bestfriends, though he is a happy go lucky pilot i never see him the happy teenager he was portraying,
Sleep|My|Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote