AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-30, 13:00   Link #1
Drognen

US viewing of Japanese networks

Quote:
Is there a way to watch FMA as it airs in Japan without being there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im a lil new here, but I noticed that a lot of people are able to watch FMA as it airs in Japan. Im from the US and was wondering if there is a way to watch it here as it airs???
This was posted yesterday by Hiruka00 and then closed by a moderator. I do not see in anyway how this would violate any rules we have in this forum. He was asking if this is on satellite or streamed over cable so that he could enjoy this anime as paid for content as it is being distributed over Japan.

In answer to that post, I know that I have a friend in Michigan in the US that gets all the international channels through DirecTV (satellite provider) and watches Anime in it's native format. I don't know if he gets that particular station though. I hope that helps.
Old 2004-08-30, 15:32   Link #2
ZeroKun

the I channel has fuji tv on sundays iirc.
Old 2004-08-30, 15:48   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drognen
In answer to that post, I know that I have a friend in Michigan in the US that gets all the international channels through DirecTV (satellite provider) and watches Anime in it's native format. I don't know if he gets that particular station though. I hope that helps.
Your friend seems to have what I assume to be "houbankyou" certified shows that are able to be shown outside of Japan. Unfortunately, the "houbankyou" certifies less than 5% of all the TV shows shown in Japan, and I doubt he receives all shows (moreso all 60+ anime shows aired on Japan) from every regional and national level TV stations from the VHF, UHF, BS, and CS satellite broadcasts.

As for the comment regarding if a person in the United States can watch anime shows as it airs in Japan, most likely not. That is the same question in which if I ask "can I watch the latest (last several) episodes of FRIENDS as it airs in the United States" as I reside in Japan...the answer will still be no.

The reason why you are seeing people who seem to be watching as it airs in Japan, is BECAUSE they are in Japan...or have the know-how to use the Japanese Winny P2P service in which Japanese capturers share anime shows approximately three hours or so after it has been broadcast.
Old 2004-08-30, 16:48   Link #4
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Your friend said:

Quote:
Im from the US and was wondering if there is a way to watch it here as it airs???
Well the only way to do that is if we made a fansub of a licensed series and that's illegal. Besides what are you doing sticking your nose in other peoples business? If you're trying to defend him good for you, but you should've PMed xris. After all he's the one who closed the thread. This isn't something you should post publicly anyway. Why not just make Animesuki an illegal orginization that allows you to download licensed anime while we're at it while we're at the assumption of it being possible?

So the answer is no. You cannot watch the japanese version airing in Japan in the US. You'll just have to wait for the DVDs like everyone else has to. God forbid you should have patience and you should buy your anime like I do. You should just be grateful that you'll even get to see the dubbed version on Adult Swim.
Old 2004-08-30, 17:00   Link #5
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Your friend said:

Well the only way to do that is if we made a fansub of a licensed series and that's illegal. Besides what are you doing sticking your nose in other peoples business? If you're trying to defend him good for you, but you should've PMed xris. After all he's the one who closed the thread. This isn't something you should post publicly anyway. Why not just make Animesuki an illegal orginization that allows you to download licensed anime while we're at it while we're at the assumption of it being possible?

So the answer is no. You cannot watch the japanese version airing in Japan in the US. You'll just have to wait for the DVDs like everyone else has to. God forbid you should have patience and you should buy your anime like I do. You should just be grateful that you'll even get to see the dubbed version on Adult Swim.

Geez, what's your problem? The kid's asking a very generalized question....he's not even asking for a specific anime (licensed or not). And what's more, he's not asking how to download anime illegally. This question though, should perhaps be moved to the "General Anime" section.

The answer is pretty basic...you gotta have sattelite to watch some of these shows. But like kj said, you're only getting a very small portion of what actually airs in Japan. My aunt has this service, but it really isn't worth the money. The only shows she got were japanese news and some comedy shows...only saw one anime and it was like geared towards preschool age.
Old 2004-08-30, 20:07   Link #6
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Your friend said:

Seems like you're trying to start a fight. Calm down. This thread is perfectly acceptable and there is no reason he shouldn't have posted this; it was a pretty good question.
Old 2004-09-01, 13:29   Link #7
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Thumbs down Flame? How mature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
Seems like you're trying to start a fight. Calm down. This thread is perfectly acceptable and there is no reason he shouldn't have posted this; it was a pretty good question.
Yes, it is. The question is as legitimate as any I have ever heard. The answer, however, is not very satisfying, as there's no way for this to happen, with the satellite systems we have nowadays. And the guy who asked the question, shouldn't be flamed for it, in my opinion.
And for all the guys being all high and mighty with their "illegal" stuff, they should be enlightened that ANY kind of fansubbing is, at its core, illegal. No matter if it's licensed or not. It's just the norm of the community to stop distributing fansubs after it's been licensed, but that doesn't make it legal, either. So, pipe down a little, will ya? This gets kinda tiresome after a while.

Last edited by BetoJR; 2004-09-01 at 13:30. Reason: Spellcheck...
Old 2004-09-02, 03:31   Link #8
WristBandMan

Quote:
Your friend said:

Nobody was asking about downloading. He was most obviously asking about watching AS it airs... meaning in real-time the same time . maybe some satellite tv thing.
Old 2004-09-02, 07:18   Link #9
Steffa
Ninja Guru

i think if u tune with real player u might be able to watch them
Closed Thread