AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-08, 14:23   Link #101
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Just wondering...

Is it considered abuse in Japan that Murasaki is not even home schooled and not allowed outside of a zone within the estate? It's sort of a similar situation like in Speed Grapher.
Old 2008-04-08, 14:42   Link #102
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I just realized (maybe a bit too late ) that the seiyuu for Kurenai did Akira for Dragonauts.

Sheesh, she doesn't need to change her intonation one bit to go from female to male. Like Hayate in Hayate no Gotoku.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 15:08   Link #103
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

well, Miyuki Sawashiro also did VA for Odin Sphere and i'm quite surprised how different she sound for Kurenai and Velvet (Odin Sphere).
Old 2008-04-08, 16:13   Link #104
Navel

This one looks exactly like Red Garden.
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 17:14   Link #105
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Miyuki Sawashiro also played Maria Tarou in SZS and Serizawa (cat ear hair girl) in Pani Poni. (And of course Shinku from Rozen Maiden.) She has quite an array of different voices...
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 17:44   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I just realized (maybe a bit too late ) that the seiyuu for Kurenai did Akira for Dragonauts.

Sheesh, she doesn't need to change her intonation one bit to go from female to male. Like Hayate in Hayate no Gotoku.
Damn I just noticed that . Was sure I'd heard that voice somewhere, but who knew it was Akira.

Episode did a nice job at making me care about Murasaki. Can understand Deathkillz's feelings on you just wanting to give the poor kid a hug.
Old 2008-04-08, 17:55   Link #107
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

I rewatched it, and did anyone else get a Seirei no Moribito vibe from the Kurenai-Murasaki relationship? (genderbent and modern day of course)

While the two series are quite different, it just felt that way when I saw the last scene in the park.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:14   Link #108
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nah, Kurenai-Murasaki is much more like Kippei-Yuzuyu from Aishiteruze Baby.

Kurenai is a bit reluctant taking care of Murasaki, but you can bet he'll be protective of her sooner or later.

And as I said before, Murasaki is basically a brattier Yuzuyu lol.

Now the bigger question is, who is Kokoro this time around lol. Obvious answer is already in episode one, but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch hehehe. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:27   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh... So left out with all these references to shows I've never seen, let alone heard of...

Started reading the manga, I have to say, Kurenai attracts the wrong age group of girls...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:48   Link #110
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Well wrong age group is all relative isn't it?
Old 2008-04-08, 19:02   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seditary View Post
Well wrong age group is all relative isn't it?
Relative to him
Old 2008-04-08, 19:42   Link #112
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sigh... So left out with all these references to shows I've never seen, let alone heard of...

Started reading the manga, I have to say, Kurenai attracts the wrong age group of girls...
well, there's yuno-san, abut she's older... so i guess ginko's the only one left.. but as dragoon said dont count your chickens before they hatch(or you'll suffer those who hoped for a noe ending in TT)

if you can read japanese (or find ways to translate it) i suggest you read the light novels, 3 volumes out and they synchronize well with the manga and the anime (despite the different first episodes/chapters)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 20:03   Link #113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
well, there's yuno-san, abut she's older... so i guess ginko's the only one left.. but as dragoon said dont count your chickens before they hatch(or you'll suffer those who hoped for a noe ending in TT)
One year is fine

5-9 years plus-minus however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
if you can read japanese (or find ways to translate it) i suggest you read the light novels, 3 volumes out and they synchronize well with the manga and the anime (despite the different first episodes/chapters)
Unfortunately I can't read Japanese... I was only able to read the manga because I got the chinese scan, and even that took abit of effort...
Old 2008-04-08, 21:09   Link #114
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Yes, Seditary, I was reminded of Seirei no Moribito. The whole situation is similar: secret escape from the father, bodyguard. Ai Baby was a simpler situation. And Murasaki is a lot older than Yuzuyu, isn't she -- like nine vs. four, whereas the kid in Seirei was around twelve? But we'll see how the personalities play out. EDIT: No, I was wrong. Murasaki is seven. Not quite so far from Yuzuyu's pre-school age.

2. Sawashiro Miyuki's best recent role was as Hagino (alien female rebel commander posing as a schoolgirl) in Blue Drop.

3. I've watched one ep of 24 new shows now, and this is still the most promising, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-08 at 22:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 21:42   Link #115
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yuzuyu was 5, and IIRC from one of the reviews I read, Murasaki is like 7 (or 8). So yeah, not as big a difference. Thing is though, when Murasaki was put into house arrest, wasn't she around Yuzuyu's age? On top of that, no education at all either. Stint from emotional and social growth, if ever I saw one.

Old 2008-04-08, 21:53   Link #116
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Nah, Kurenai-Murasaki is much more like Kippei-Yuzuyu from Aishiteruze Baby.

Kurenai is a bit reluctant taking care of Murasaki, but you can bet he'll be protective of her sooner or later.

And as I said before, Murasaki is basically a brattier Yuzuyu lol.

Now the bigger question is, who is Kokoro this time around lol. Obvious answer is already in episode one, but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch hehehe. XD
How dare you compair Mursaski to Yuzuyu. Its a Disgrace for Yuzuyu she is A lot cuter nicer and just way more lovable. Plus Murasaki sounded like a grown female not a cute little girl like Yuzuyu.

So far
Yuzuyu Nice Cute Sweetheart Loving Giving
Murasaki Shallow Cute Mean and Full of herself
nothing alike outside of being cute. now maybe later on it might change but right now Yuzuyu is the kid i wana raise not Nurasaki.

as far as Kippei vs Kurenai
Kippei is 1 word PIMP nuff said
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 21:57   Link #117
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Well considering that the main guy in Kure-nai has like 7 attractive women around him, with 3 of those showing explicit interest to the same guy, this guy is a pimp without even knowing about it lol.

And from what I hear of the novel readers, you're going to see the cuter side of Murasaki sooner or later. And besides, Yuzuyu wasn't all smiles and roses, you know. That kid can act like a kid if she wants to, if you know what I mean lol.

Old 2008-04-08, 22:04   Link #118
Lucipher

Quote:
^
Well considering that the main guy in Kure-nai has like 7 attractive women around him, with 3 of those showing explicit interest to the same guy, this guy is a pimp without even knowing about it lol.

And from what I hear of the novel readers, you're going to see the cuter side of Murasaki sooner or later. And besides, Yuzuyu wasn't all smiles and roses, you know. That kid can act like a kid if she wants to, if you know what I mean lol.
lol that dosnt make him pimp Kipp was a pimp and he knew it. You cant be a pimp if you dont know your a pimp or do as such.

Yuzuyu was all smiles and roses. For crying out load i thought it was hella cute when she slapped that one boy for making fun of her Riceball. I wish i had that look as my avatar its one of the cutest things i seen on any anime.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 23:01   Link #119
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think the comparison between Ai Baby and Kurenai is likely to turn out to be pretty superficial (like the comparison with Seirei). That was super-cute, and had its serious moments, but this show seems a bit more serious at heart.

Murasaki is a lot less tsuntsun than I expected. She seems quick and adaptable, despite her severe upbringing.

I'd like to say how much I'm enjoying the side characters. I thought the father was brilliantly played, by Kuroda Takaya (Darcia in Wolf's Rain). And I loved both Benika (Ishige Sawa voiced Art in Moonphase, Haruna in Negima) and Yamie (the woman with the skull, Kimura Haruka, who has had only bit parts up to now).

I think most Japanese would be aware of the original Murasaki, the ten-year-old who was kidnapped by Prince Genji in the Tale of Genji (novel from about 1000 AD), who raised her and then made her his wife. If you haven't read the novel, you must. It was written by a court lady in Kyoto and is sometimes considered the first real novel in the history of the world. It's almost like Jane Austen, who wrote 800 years later.

I hasten to add that I don't see that happening here. If there's any love-interest, I expect it will be either Ginko or Yuuno.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-08 at 23:13.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:28   Link #120
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
If Kokoro is a similar aged girl to the main character who likes him while getting frustrated at the younger girl getting in her way... than yes an obvious answer is in episode 1 + OP. Of course things can change but manga chapter 4 seems to make it obvious as possible after 2 hinted at it. Anyway like Benika I'm looking forward to her character being shown more in the anime.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen