AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-19, 13:45   Link #1
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Romace- Onegai Teacher

I've seen many romance animes, including Ai Yori Aoshi, Onegai Teacher, Chobits, Ah! My Goddess!, Kimi ga Nozomue Eien, Green Green TV, Love Hina, Zero no Tsukaima and much more. I just got done with Onegai Teacher, and it was absolutely wonderful! (All day anime marathons FTW!)

Anyways, I'm looking for a nice romance like OT- something that makes you want to scream "WTF!" at the main character occasionally, a love that shouldn't be, circumstancial, etc. The longer the better, I'm so upset that all the good romances are 24 eps long *cries*

Anyways, an anime that's similar to Onegai Teacher is what I'm looking for.

Arigatou Gozaimasen,
~Deathreape98

Last edited by deathreape98; 2008-06-19 at 14:23.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:23   Link #2
jedinat

I My Me! Strawberry Egg - some (weird) student teacher romance
Maison Ikkoku - long; romance between a guy and an older woman (not much older)
Emma - sort of a "forbidden" romance between a wealthy man and a maid
Midori no Hibi - funny anime about a delinquent kid and a girl who finds herself attached to his wrist
Rec - nice brief romance between a voice actress and a regular guy
Old 2008-06-19, 14:55   Link #3
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Thanks for the list

Maison Ikkoku- 96 episodes, man that's long, just what I wanted. Although from the little bit of it I've seen so far (just started ep1), the animation looks horrible... EDIT: 5 minutes in, I decided to end the pain. I'm generally not picky with animation quality, but this is one of the animation styles I hate. Now to try "I My Me! Strawberry Egg"

They're all so short

Last edited by deathreape98; 2008-06-19 at 15:09.
Old 2008-06-19, 15:41   Link #4
james0246

That's a shame that you can't get past Masion Ikkoku's early 80s animation. It is truly one of the most honest and heartfelt romances of that decade.

Along the same lines as Maison Ikkoku, here is a show with slightly better animation, a great cast, and wonderful music: Kimagure Orange Road. It is not quite like Onegai Teacher, but it has a few similarities (specifically the sci-fi twist to the romantic comedy formula).

Here is another show with significantly better animation (since it is from 2005), which focuses more on an age-difference romance (similiar to Onegai Teacher): Okusama wa Joshikousei. I personally did not like it, but maybe you will.

Then, of course, there is Koi Kaze, which is also similair to Onegai and Okusama in the respect that it is an intergeneration relationship, but unlike the other show, Koi Kaze also deals with a provacative Incestious relationship. I do highly recommend this extrememly good anime, though.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-06-19 at 15:52.
Old 2008-06-20, 22:27   Link #5
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Phlaw
wasn't there a second season of Onegai Teacher called Onegai Twins... or am i mistaken...
Old 2008-06-20, 22:31   Link #6
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlaw View Post
wasn't there a second season of Onegai Teacher called Onegai Twins... or am i mistaken...
Except for a cameo appearance by the couple from Onegai Teacher, they have very little to do with each other. (Twins is pretty crappy =/)
Old 2008-06-21, 03:37   Link #7
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

quite a few from please teacher show up. and its not that bad a series.

try
kimikiss
princess nine
marmalade boy
mahoraba heartful days
Old 2008-06-22, 05:07   Link #8
oompa loompa

a second to mahoraba.. maybe you should give mahoromatic a try as well
Old 2008-06-22, 08:34   Link #9
SNT
Special

U should try Crescent Love - it's exactly what the title says with some dramatic moments and much more - I have just seen it (all ep. in a raw) and I was very impressed (it also has some funny mom.) - definitely a MUST SEE.
Old 2008-06-22, 14:28   Link #10
hold

why do people say onegai twins is crappy? each anime brings its own message . onegai twins brings it aswell

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto - Arena.com
Old 2008-06-22, 15:22   Link #11
Amray

"I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs". 13 episodes. It's more or less about forbidden love between a female student and a male teacher who is discuised as a woman so that he may work in the school. It's a romantic comedy. Despite the fact he is posed as a female, the females student still manages to fall in love with him and he falls in love with her too. I thought it was an awesome Anime, very touching towards the end.
Old 2008-06-22, 15:27   Link #12
loonygamer
Metal-head. Rock Artist.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold View Post
why do people say onegai twins is crappy? each anime brings its own message . onegai twins brings it aswell
It's not crappy at all. I love the series.

BUT Onegai Teacher has a more powerful story, and a better way to send its message. It truly is more emotional.
Old 2008-06-30, 01:02   Link #13
hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonygamer View Post
It's not crappy at all. I love the series.

BUT Onegai Teacher has a more powerful story, and a better way to send its message. It truly is more emotional.
yes, youre right onegai teacher was the anime that made me start loveing Anime romances.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto - Arena.com
Old 2008-06-30, 03:57   Link #14
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
I've seen many romance animes, including Ai Yori Aoshi, Onegai Teacher, Chobits, Ah! My Goddess!, Kimi ga Nozomue Eien, Green Green TV, Love Hina, Zero no Tsukaima and much more. I just got done with Onegai Teacher, and it was absolutely wonderful! (All day anime marathons FTW!)

Anyways, I'm looking for a nice romance like OT- something that makes you want to scream "WTF!" at the main character occasionally, a love that shouldn't be, circumstancial, etc. The longer the better, I'm so upset that all the good romances are 24 eps long *cries*

Anyways, an anime that's similar to Onegai Teacher is what I'm looking for.

Arigatou Gozaimasen,
~Deathreape98
A bit weird suggestion (though I'm aware of what you're looking for) - xxxHolic and xxxHolic:Kei? It's not about "that" romance, but it's a good series with distinctive characters, and there are romantic relations ... on the way
Old 2008-06-30, 07:15   Link #15
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
Anyways, I'm looking for a nice romance like OT- something that makes you want to scream "WTF!" at the main character occasionally, a love that shouldn't be, circumstancial, etc.
Here are a few "odd couple" romantic comedies that you might want to check out.
  • Karin - About a high school girl who is secretly a vampire who falls for a normal boy in her class.
  • Lovely★Complex - About a tall high school girl who falls for a boy in her class who is much shorter than she is.
  • Nodame Cantabile - About a talented, popular guy and a goofy but gifted girl at a college music school.
The last two especially have some nice, romantic moments. I hope that gives you some more ideas.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:50   Link #16
Weister

try Lamune, Amaenaideyo, Tokimeki Memorial Only Love (highy recommend this one), Shuffle, and Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!. All these anime are from 13 - 24 episodes. Also try Fruits Basket its good but the anime doesn't have a complete ending you need to read the manga for that
Old 2008-07-02, 13:47   Link #17
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Phlaw
Quote:
Koi Kaze - Defiantly a Love that shouldn't Be.
Da Capo - another love that shouldn't be, makes you scream wtf a lot, also, you may cry...
School Days - really dark. you will scream wtf at the main character cause he makes a lot of mistakes... which, lol, come back to haunt him. he prolly won't ever get ahead in life because of it
Spoiler for School days:

Amaenaideyo not really a romance as it is fan service and harem/comedy. in fact nothing really happened in the end. HOWEVER, if you watch it and liked it, the sequel is called Amaenaideyo Katsu.
Closed Thread