AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 71.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 21.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-19, 20:49   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
And what a first soul it was. I mean I couldn't think of a more epic way to get your first soul than that.
Considering how tough this was I agree. Besides this was a really personal battle. Having to overcome your own brother and getting insight into Black Star's past. Though for their sake I hope the next few souls are a bit easier. On the other hand, too easy and Black Star doesn't take it seriously.
Old 2008-06-19, 20:57   Link #62
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Considering how tough this was I agree. Besides this was a really personal battle. Having to overcome your own brother and getting insight into Black Star's past. Though for their sake I hope the next few souls are a bit easier. On the other hand, too easy and Black Star doesn't take it seriously.
It seems if Black Star is focused than he can put up quite the fight so unless he gets too full of himself he shouldn't have too much trouble with gathering souls. But of course its never so easy is it.
Old 2008-06-19, 22:20   Link #63
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

good thing that tsubaki's face did not get ruined in the real world, i know girls dont like scars on their faces
Old 2008-06-20, 00:36   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
It seems if Black Star is focused than he can put up quite the fight so unless he gets too full of himself he shouldn't have too much trouble with gathering souls. But of course its never so easy is it.
Guess it all depends how he grows as a person. He'll always be Black Star, but if he can focus a bit more they'll be alright. If not better just sign up for the hardest missions they can find since that way he'll be serious in the fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
good thing that tsubaki's face did not get ruined in the real world, i know girls don't like scars on their faces
Since the fight was in the soul they could let Tsubaki get cut up badly without a lingering effect. Only person that looked like a mess after this adventure was Black Star. The worst injuries coming from the amount of times those villagers hit him.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:40   Link #65
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Weird how Tsubaki has gotten the mantle of being a prodigy from her family and even from her insanely jealous brother (literally) while she herself has a self image problem by downplaying herself all the time.

Great episode, but I almost have to wonder if all this trouble was at least partially caused by Tsubaki herself. Which is why she felt the need to confront it.
Old 2008-06-20, 09:23   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Tsubaki's problem is that she is too passive and is the type of person who is afraid to voice her own opinions from what I can see. This was why her brother thought she was pitying him because she was always so "nice" to follow him even though she holds a lot of talent. But that is just her personality and I don't want to see that changing honestly This was a whole misunderstanding and it was just unfortunate that her brother fell prey to the dark side.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-20, 13:47   Link #67
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Wow, this episode was awesome! One of the best ones yet.

I really liked the fight animation between Tsubaki and Masamune, especially the final confrontation where Tsubaki charges him.

Black * Star's reaction to Tsubaki being sucked into the sword was really touching, one of the few times he looks that concerned or worried about anything. Learning more about his past was really good, and I'm glad he doesn't resent Shibusen for exterminating them (though I am further on in the manga). The hug scene was adorable. I liked how the episode scenes matched up with the manga chapters really well.

I will say that the Black * Star/Tsubaki pair is my favorite of the three, though I do really love the Kid/Patti/liz trio. I really love this series because there isn't a single character I dislike in the series.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-20, 17:25   Link #68
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Tsubaki's problem is that she is too passive and is the type of person who is afraid to voice her own opinions from what I can see. This was why her brother thought she was pitying him because she was always so "nice" to follow him even though she holds a lot of talent. But that is just her personality and I don't want to see that changing honestly This was a whole misunderstanding and it was just unfortunate that her brother fell prey to the dark side.
Definitely dont want to see it change either if you ask me.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:29   Link #69
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
Wow, this episode was awesome! One of the best ones yet.

I really liked the fight animation between Tsubaki and Masamune, especially the final confrontation where Tsubaki charges him.

Black * Star's reaction to Tsubaki being sucked into the sword was really touching, one of the few times he looks that concerned or worried about anything. Learning more about his past was really good, and I'm glad he doesn't resent Shibusen for exterminating them (though I am further on in the manga). The hug scene was adorable. I liked how the episode scenes matched up with the manga chapters really well.

I will say that the Black * Star/Tsubaki pair is my favorite of the three, though I do really love the Kid/Patti/liz trio. I really love this series because there isn't a single character I dislike in the series.
Yeah the characters personalities and actions makes me love this series. Im not actually thinking about plots like i usually do. I have to say if their were a character i wasnt fond of, it would be Maka. Overall, the way the characters stand out from each other makes the show for me.
Old 2008-06-21, 02:35   Link #70
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I wonder what the Fey Blade's powers are gonna be like? Black Star can't use them quite yet, but I just can't wait... it's gonna be badass...
Old 2008-06-21, 15:06   Link #71
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Glad to see more people liking Black Star and Tsubaki. I knew from the 2nd episode that I would be expecting really epic scenes from them.

I always liked the way Bones animate their 'dropping' scenes. From the FMA OP scenes, free falling from the skies and Cut-Back Drop Turns in Eureka 7 to Tsubaki's final charge. Bones really have a way in falling animation, they always give an adrenaline rush.

I'm thinking Tsubaki's Fey Blade mode would work as or require a Soul Resonance.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-06-21, 19:15   Link #72
maymay
Inactive~

Great episode. I loved the way the fight scene between Tsubaki and her brother was handled. Also the part where B*S gave her a hug was really cute and heartwarming. He sure took a beating for her..my respect for Black Star has gone up a lot after that.
Can't wait for next episode and
Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-21, 22:58   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Black Star was impressive in putting everything else aside in order to give Tsubaki's performance his absolute attention. Probably could have done something about the villagers, but just ignored it no matter how many blows he took.

In terms of the Fey Blade since Black Star said his soul wave snapped, maybe he needs to strengthen it somehow? A powerful mode that will completely drain the meister unless he's strong enough. Think each mode could have an interesting result with soul resonance. Maybe once he can handle it Black Star will be able to use his own shadow to attack?
Old 2008-06-22, 02:16   Link #74
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe once he can handle it Black Star will be able to use his own shadow to attack?
I can see it now...Shadow Star.
Old 2008-06-22, 14:09   Link #75
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Best Ep ever.

Haven't seen such a good anime episode for a while. =]

Suddenly Tsubaki and Black Star became my favourite female and male(BS is tied with Soul actually) characters in this anime.

I'm so glad that i decided to follow SE

PS: Tsubaki's soul in the vacuum scenes is so adorable....!!!

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2008-06-22 at 14:23.
Old 2008-07-23, 12:20   Link #76
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

For ONCE Black Star was a real "Big Man," to be able to stick up for Tsubaki-chan like that, and be truly big enough to hug her and not care that it would make him look "sissy" by classical masculine standards.

And poor Tsubaki-chan, I wanted to hug her too when she cried. She is just too darned cute!!
Old 2008-07-24, 13:25   Link #77
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

A little late and just watched the episode and Tsubaki just pulled out a whole lot of awesome. Black star holding on for tsubaki was also very touching. With the way she moves, im thinking Tsubaki may be a better tech than a weapon.
Closed Thread