AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 18:21   Link #781
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
how did kg2 went over with the 2ch crowd? they are the primary audience this was aim to.
Complete bomb in Japan, as you might expect.

Your qualifier doesn't make any sense though. Unless it's a foreign co-production (no anime company within Japan banks on overseas revenue anymore), virtually every male-oriented late night series is aimed at Japanese otaku.

In fact, Kiddy Grade was the same in its day. They tailored the original to the tastes of last decade's otaku, whereas Kiddy Girl-AND is designed for today's otaku. Same demographic, different era.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 19:31   Link #782
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by takan View Post
That's just what was told to us though. Unless this character from the manga has the same hair color, eye color and dresses like Eclipse I would put my money on them having retconned what they said earlier. Mi-nou is Eclipse just go compare em.
You don't have to go grasping for explanations where one is given - Eclipse is officially dead and even thought they didn't actually show us her corpse, we saw her on her deathbed and heard the story from a reliable witness. She was also female, had a completely different personality, and if she was still around there would have been no problems making a parter for Q-feuille, nor with carrying on creating more generations. Not only were we told that Di-air is Eclipse's successor, Torch and Shade independently recognised her as having the same powers.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 01:25   Link #783
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I actually liked the final episode quite a bit. Though Gacktoer had the cliche sad-villain thing going on, the animation and music was on another level in the final episode. Only if the rest of the series had this kind of a tension and story turnover instead of 22 episodes of semi-fillers.

Yeah, so it doesn't have the over the top emotions of the first series, but I rather liked how they ended it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 03:28   Link #784
HighGuard

I have to say it. There is nothing in this show that is redeeming. I watched it with misplaced hope that it would get better. Clearly I was wrong. I was willing to give it a chance with the first few eps since the first few of Kiddy grade were sorta silly also. But it never went beyond that. not to mention Asecour's rampant stupidity. I hope funi never wastes their money with this show.
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 23:48   Link #785
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I actually liked the final episode quite a bit. Though Gacktoer had the cliche sad-villain thing going on, the animation and music was on another level in the final episode. Only if the rest of the series had this kind of a tension and story turnover instead of 22 episodes of semi-fillers.

Yeah, so it doesn't have the over the top emotions of the first series, but I rather liked how they ended it.
So did I. I'm sure most people would think I'm on crack, but I thoroughly enjoyed the last six eps as tensions got higher. Ascoeur actually gained a bit (not a lot!) of maturity! What a shock. That POKYUN! and jyajan~ was so cheesily funny. Quite a nice finish. Glad to see Eclair reunited with her son again.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 00:47   Link #786
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
So did I. I'm sure most people would think I'm on crack, but I thoroughly enjoyed the last six eps as tensions got higher. Ascoeur actually gained a bit (not a lot!) of maturity! What a shock. That POKYUN! and jyajan~ was so cheesily funny. Quite a nice finish. Glad to see Eclair reunited with her son again.
Tension? every fight they had resulted in someone else coming in to save the day... Either that or they run away till someone else comes to save the day
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 04:22   Link #787
Ichijo

After watching Kiddy girl-and I can't help but think that its creators had a much better plot, but ended removing most of it, because they wanted to use it for movies.

For example, events that led to the first scenes in episode 1 can make one movie, a lot of missed character development can make the second movie and the third one can be an epic confrontation instead of a makeshift ending.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 04:40   Link #788
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Just finished this series and Wow, I didn't think it would get this much hate I know it wasn't like the first series, and Eclair didn't have much screentime (which was sorta expected with the premise), I get that Ascour wouldn't appeal to everyone since they tried to make her really Moe, I must admit, at the start I didn't like her much and prefered Q-feuille as the main character but slowly Ascour's antics and cheerfulness staretd to grow on me, and I liked how their team interacted. Yeah there was alot of filler, but I have seen MUCH worse filler, and atleast they tried to develop the two main characters somewhat compared to some other animes. Ah well, sorry for the semi-rant.
Kiddy Girl-and might not have been the best anime I have ever seen but I enjoyed watching it and I don't regret it.
Old 2010-06-25, 13:58   Link #789
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
I got my copy of March's Newtype today (it takes two months for it to get in store through Diamond and I can only get out to my comic dealer every now and then at the moment) and there's a KG-A article with some atwork and a boxout that looks to give some sort of explanation about the name. I'll have a go at translating it later.
Old 2013-05-13, 22:10   Link #790
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well hi.
Sorry for writing 3 years later but what the heck.
I can say it for sure in 2004 my otaku career started with Kiddy Grade, It had an awesome ending, I did not expect anything more. The story was good it was emotional and full of suspense, up until the last episode.

In 2006 i found out they will make a sequel, I got fired up. In 2009 I watched 3 episodes.....honest opinion: it was outright childish, so I dropped it.
Yesterday I felt nostalgic, i watched all of season 1 and today all of season 2(it was a bit hard to conquer myself).

My opinion about season 2 changed a little.....it still misses the epic plot(except the deaths of Trixie and Troisienne), the villain was too cliche and the plot seemed a rip-off of the first season; Eclair and Lumiere had too few appearances as per their role was significant(retaining a bomb for such a long time).

Anyway, in the kiddy series the first season will remain my favorite, probably because it was my first anime too, which opened up this universe to me. I agree the first season being made for those of the time but, plot is more important, to me than the quantity of stupid situations;
I also approve of Q-feuille being the copy of Lumi, she was like my hope that kept me to watch it til the end. Ascoeur did resemble Eclair, but Eclair was a bit more mature(with 250+ years of experience who wouldn't be?)

So as a final word, If this series gets to a third installment, it better be like the first one, otherwise it will do more poorly than season 2, but I guess there will not be a sequel ever, due to the mixed reviews it got.
well even if a sequel is being made it would take at least 5 more years, and by that time those who watched the first season would already have dropped watching animes ages ago.
Old 2013-05-27, 11:58   Link #791
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
My opinion about season 2 changed a little.....it still misses the epic plot(except the deaths of Trixie and Troisienne), the villain was too cliche and the plot seemed a rip-off of the first season; Eclair and Lumiere had too few appearances as per their role was significant(retaining a bomb for such a long time).
It still really bugs me that Éclair and Lumière's abilities were essentially retconned.

Quote:
I also approve of Q-feuille being the copy of Lumi, she was like my hope that kept me to watch it til the end. Ascoeur did resemble Eclair, but Eclair was a bit more mature(with 250+ years of experience who wouldn't be?)
Well, from what I recall Ascoeur was not a clone of Éclair since Eclipse died before creating a partner for Troisienne, she just happened to have similar abilities. There was no indication that Troisienne or the other clones actually had any of Éclair or Lumière's memories anyway.

Quote:
So as a final word, If this series gets to a third installment, it better be like the first one, otherwise it will do more poorly than season 2, but I guess there will not be a sequel ever, due to the mixed reviews it got.
Looking at the public sales figures KG-A averaged 1,186 - down 80% on KG's numbers.
According to ja.wikipedia, gímik has since folded anyway (although how control of the franchise was split between them and Kadokawa I don't know).