AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-12, 09:33   Link #7501
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Only 6 CIWS? Too few.

Is that made from Exotic Nanoconstruction like I.S. Arena or just plain advanced composite? Also, what's Bofors gun? Did you mean Plain ol' 40mm autocannon from WWII?
Old 2011-11-12, 09:40   Link #7502
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Only 6 CIWS? Too few.

Is that made from Exotic Nanoconstruction like I.S. Arena or just plain advanced composite?
Changed again, this time its 12 .75cal gyrojet guns on port and starboard, and 6 Phalanx on the island, all controlled by automated sensors, making it have 30 CIWS in total. Instead of a missile defense which is defeated by IS ECM, the Panglima-class relies on putting out a wall of explosive rounds to stop aircraft. (Think of Battlestar Galactica's bullet perimeter, or the hail of fire coming from an Archangel-class.)

The armor, in fact much of the carrier, is IS-derived technology, but I haven't gone in to the specifics except that it is tougher than older armor. Doesn't have shields though; too heavy.
Old 2011-11-12, 09:46   Link #7503
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Treme - Her name sounds really fitting
Her father really wanted a boy but he hit the jacket-pot with all girls.

Name of her sisters:
>Happy (eldest, happy because she is his first child)
>Hope (Second child, hoping for a boy but still hopeful about the third)
>Euphoria (Her father named her this because he would be in this state if the third child is a boy but now used sarcastically (the mad laughter from the fact that he got all girls))

The two daughters made up for their gender with their achievement:

Happy is the tomboy of the sibling(the father play boys' game with her a lot), she is a national top scholar.

Hope, Good academic grade(not as good as Happy) but best in creativity side, a prodigy in art and music.

except for Euphoria.

Their father is most disappointed in Euphoria. His last chance at getting a boy (financial reason), turn out to be normal (not over-achiever like her sisters).

Quote:
But how come she dreams of a prince chraming while she hates guys? Isn't that contradicting?
Hidden desire.

Her shyness prevented her from having normal interaction with boys.

The so-call bullying existed from her perspective, the boys are just trying to be friend her though boys stuff(skirt flipping etc) but she misinterpret as bullying.

Why Prince Charming? Fairytale often talk about Prince saving the day..... therefore a Prince Charming will rescue her from all evil boys!

Edit: Yea.... she exhibit some traits from Schizotypal personality disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Beast Mode sounds pretty slick, sounds like it transforms into like an awakened EVA-01, chomping things and all.

One question though, how does the blank round power up the claw's energy burst attack?

The Gray Scale revolving bunker uses blank round since the burst of power from the explosion 'hammers' the bunker's pointed stake into the opponent's armor/shield.
(It came from Gurren Mk2 from Code Geass.....)

May be I should just change it into "Shield energy draining" to up the horror factor

The blank rounds are not normal round, they contain nano-machine which the IS fire at its opponent during the energy burst attack.

Edit: Being special, they are harder to make, which is why the IS can only carry up to four of them

The energy burst not only damage the barrier but also fire the Nano-machines at the opponent and charge them up. The nano-machines overloaded due to the overcharging and self-destruct, increasing the destructive power of the beam. (Yes it is a two phase attack and not a single pure energy attack).

This is why the weapon is more effective in close-combat than range (the nano-machines are small and overload easily)

The concept around the weapon is: This is the trump card of the IS, if it can't win, it won't allow the opponent to win (by inflicting enough damages to the suit to prevent the opponent from taking part in the next battle)

Edit: Fitting the theme of MUST WIN attitude of the country
Old 2011-11-12, 09:53   Link #7504
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, in mine, ASEAN wasn't as sucessful as in Meister's fanon.

Their rather stupid decision not to forget space exploration project however proven useful, as they're the one capable of producing most efficient trans-atmospheric booster (engines that can switch modes depending on demand, in vacuum, air, or even underwater).

Giant boosters attachments the size of Fighter engines, 48-tube Missile Launcher, plus an imported Britain-made beam cannon actually allowed Cecilia go toe-to-toe with an I.S. like genocidal extraterrestrial machine.

They also has an abundant supply of kamikaze-ready sattelite....
Old 2011-11-12, 09:58   Link #7505
agetreme
Just another Idiot

*Age just realize the flaw of the design*

Screw it, the Blank rounds are highly compressed energy....
Old 2011-11-12, 09:59   Link #7506
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Since it comes from the Guren, I suppose it doesn't require her to attain physical contact with her opponent(grabbing them) for it to work?

I can just imagine the trauma for the pilots upon seeing a giant claw grabbing their faces. o.o

And I like the idea of a compressed energy battery, might integrate that idea for one of my Original Units.
Old 2011-11-12, 10:01   Link #7507
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Limited range.... the unit is not the Upgraded version.

The feral appearance of the IS and its movement is terrifying enough to scare the opponent pilot shitless. The claw is only there to make things worst.

Edit: The second gen of this unit is the reason why Asura Revive (Tamahagane's previous form, never made it to the Semi-Final in the third tournament). Asura Revive is too damaged to take part in it.
Edit: Asura Revive technically won the match but disqualify for the next round due to the excessive damages.
Old 2011-11-12, 10:13   Link #7508
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I guess the kind of vehicles put out by each faction reflects the country:

The Foundation uses twin-body compacted carriers built with unproven technology. Lightest armored and most maneuverable of the world's carriers.

The Canada-Americas bloc uses single-body carriers packed with gizmos and are effectively balanced in everyway. Medium armor.

China and Russia use floating bases. Slow but armed to the teeth.

India uses old UK carriers but has a lot of them.

The Middle East has no need for carriers. Instead they have lots of tanks and air bases for protecting their oil.

Africa is the only continent still disunited. Proxy wars fought by warlords against major world powers that protect allied states keep this place impoverished.
Old 2011-11-12, 10:30   Link #7509
agetreme
Just another Idiot

To avoid negative association with real life countries.....

Euphoria's nationality is a fictional Asian country. A new country eager to prove itself to be better than the rest.
Old 2011-11-12, 11:04   Link #7510
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I wonder what the next volume would end up like if Izuru took the time to read our fics.
I need to taint him with the Grim dark as well....maybe that will make IS actually more productive.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 11:07   Link #7511
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would it be counted as sue if 2 or 3 of the harem fell for the OC?

EDIT:
or stu, either way
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 11:10   Link #7512
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
would it be counted as sue if 2 or 3 of the harem fell for the OC?

EDIT:
or stu, either way
Depends on the development of both the harem and the the oc.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 16:01   Link #7513
Eratas123

@ Demino - As blitz said, it depends on the development. Some of their reasons for falling in love with Ichika are iffy at best (Cecilia and Laura in particular) so it's not that hard to have them fall for another guy. Houki, Rin, and Charlotte falling in love with another guy is near impossible to do however:The first two have been in love with him since they were kids and the last one fell in love with him because he tried to help her instead of getting mad when he found out about her gender.

That's all the advice I can give.
Old 2011-11-12, 16:09   Link #7514
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
How am I doing with Project Silverback?
Quote:
Do you mean story wise or something else?
Quote:
Storywise, writting, ect. And I'm asking everyone here...
Quote:
So far so good, but considering your genre, please speed up the plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
Speed up the plot a little, and give more a description on the team's backstory, why they're here, what's their individual drives, etc.
Quote:
Story wise it's fine. I can't judge writing style since mine's pretty bad and I'm inexperienced. Sorry, wish I could help more.
Alright, thanks. But if possible, can you guys post all future feedbacks, suggestions, thoughts, ect. on Fanfic.net as a review if you have an account? I mainly use them as references, and if they're posted on here, they're going to get "lost" and it's going to be a real pain to find them again if I'm in a real jam.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 16:14   Link #7515
Eratas123

@ Jak - You're not the only one.

Ah well, off to my field trip. See ya!
Old 2011-11-12, 17:17   Link #7516
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Jak - You're not the only one.

Ah well, off to my field trip. See ya!
Good luck!
Old 2011-11-12, 18:17   Link #7517
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Good luck!
Okay, I got another question that my sound "odd".

What if the characters from the delinquent, demon, fighting and school themed anime Beelzebub and the characters from Infinite Stratos were to meet?

I watched the first episode of Beelzebub last night, and I find it that the characters from Beelzebub somewhat "portrays" a guy's life in IS Society (in terms of background). Being treated the lowest of the low, going to a "run-down" school... that kind of stuff.

It maybe extreme, but that's just me.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 18:23   Link #7518
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Okay, I got another question that my sound "odd".

What if the characters from the delinquents, demons, fighting, school themed anime Beelzebub and the characters from Infinite Stratos were to meet?

I watched the first episode of Beelzebub last night, and I find it that the characters from Beelzebub somewhat "portrays" a guy's life in IS Society (in terms of background). Being treated like the lowest of the low, going to a "run-down" school... that kind of stuff.

It maybe extreme, but that's just me.
My version of Ichika's past was said to resemble Beelzebub actually, but I haven't checked it.

As for the bolded part... that would be tragic for some, not every guys can be accepted into 'moderate' school and must settled at government-funded all-male public school. Which is damned crappy and full of crazy delinquents.

And bear in mind those guys usually became that wild and rebelious from the pressure given by our ISO standard society, I.S. version of society made it embodiment of living hell.
Old 2011-11-12, 18:36   Link #7519
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Houki, Rin, and Charlotte falling in love with another guy is near impossible to do however:The first two have been in love with him since they were kids and the last one fell in love with him because he tried to help her instead of getting mad when he found out about her gender.
- It's more than that for Charlotte--quite possibly Ichika is the first person to actually show he cares for her since her mother died--the drift I get from the LNs is that outside of her mother, nobody really treated Charlotte any better than a test subject or a disgrace to the Dunois family...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 18:59   Link #7520
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
Whoa, so you just dropped the whole thing, huh?
Sadly, I have a girlfriend now, and I'd rather spend time with her than making a VN. No offense...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest