AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 20:32   Link #881
Peanutbutter

Well, the essence of a +-0 is the last game.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 00:00   Link #882
dingmajiao

They should do the same for Achiga unless they do not intend to make Achiga progress to the final which I hope so..

But if they do, there'll a need to seriously drag Achiga so that Saki can catch up...
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 01:31   Link #883
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

They'll probably have the manga go on hiatus. And Achiga will probably go to the finals. I mean, their enemy to beat right now isn't Shiraitodai, but Senriyama. What they actually need is to secrue 2nd place.

And then I wil have my wet dream of having both mangas running at the same time depicting the finals from a different perspective.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 05:02   Link #884
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^i thought it was confirmed that Achiga loses in the semis?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 05:31   Link #885
tsunade666

what? confirmed? It's only the first game yet of the semis.
Old 2012-04-28, 09:10   Link #886
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^i thought it was confirmed that Achiga loses in the semis?
Your source must be wrong. There is no such confirmation or anything that can foreshadow that at this moment.

This is a good thing about this spin-off. It's hard to guess how it will progress from now on.
Old 2012-04-28, 10:50   Link #887
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
And then I wil have my wet dream of having both mangas running at the same time depicting the finals from a different perspective.
I like that.. But can they do it?????

I don't think you can just end Achiga just like that having failed in the finals, so.......

But I still don't like Achiga in the finals.. Make it like going into the finals is so freaking easy..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 10:59   Link #888
Proto

Quote:
But I still don't like Achiga in the finals.. Make it like going into the finals is so freaking easy..
The alternative is having Senriyama in the finals which isn't terribly interesting.

I think the main reason they want to present us as to why Achiga was able to improve in such a short time was mainly because they were bieng coached by a pro and extremely talented player. Not to mention that they weren't too shabby themselves. That's not so unbelievable that we can't swallow it. It also worked for Iwate.
Old 2012-04-28, 11:06   Link #889
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Your source must be wrong. There is no such confirmation or anything that can foreshadow that at this moment.

This is a good thing about this spin-off. It's hard to guess how it will progress from now on.
i think it was referred to in this thread quite often
Old 2012-04-28, 11:19   Link #890
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i think it was referred to in this thread quite often
Well, it is true that Achiga will probably lose to Shiraitodai in terms of points given the more than 100,000 point gap between the schools, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Achiga won't be going to the finals. After all, if you look at the tournament brackets, it indicates that two schools will be given the right to advance from the quarter final round onwards.
Old 2012-04-28, 13:12   Link #891
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Somehow I had the impression that the taisho of Achiga was gonna be the main "narrator" in the final nationals match, all agape at seeing what the other teams's taisho's actually can pull off.
Old 2012-04-28, 15:36   Link #892
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Well, it is true that Achiga will probably lose to Shiraitodai in terms of points given the more than 100,000 point gap between the schools, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Achiga won't be going to the finals. After all, if you look at the tournament brackets, it indicates that two schools will be given the right to advance from the quarter final round onwards.
lets hope for that development then
i kinda think they'd be out of place in a tournament filled with supposed "monsters"
Old 2012-04-28, 15:44   Link #893
Proto

What Achiga has is a good team balance. There's no weak link in their team which brings their whole performance up.
Old 2012-04-29, 21:57   Link #894
Marina2

Yeah, we still have to find out what Arata and Shizuno can do. I believe that they will have some kind of interesting playstyle/ability but author just hid it from reader for now.

Also, since Ryuuka is suppose to be Shizuno's main rival in order to get Achiga into second place, I think she will have an interesting ability too.

At the end of the lastest ep. of anime, vanguard match between Achiga and Senriyama started. I wonder will they break 1ep. = 1ch. format next ep. because entire ep. for the vanguard match will be pretty long in anime.

However, if they can expand ch.5 into full ep. , that will be cool!.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-04-29 at 22:46.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 06:11   Link #895
Peanutbutter

Toki/Kuro round 1 shouldn't be that long. One episode should be alright.

I'm really surprised by the animation studio actually using some of the original series material here (may be modified, I'm not sure).

Also, I realise I'm really looking forward to Arakawa Kei, beside Teru of course. She appeared in the last ED of S1 after all. Really eager to know her VA and her style.

My guess of Arakawa Kei's VA and stuff:

Spoiler for include Achiga manga spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:44   Link #896
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I'm really surprised by the animation studio actually using some of the original series material here (may be modified, I'm not sure).
I wasn't really modified, it was new content. I'm pretty sure that that scene was taking place the night of chapter 66. We got scenes of the groups hanging out at different places but no Saki and now we know why.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:56   Link #897
orangejuicetang

mhmm, rereading some Achiga chapters, I wouldn't be surprised if Teru really was holding back. Or to use Shounen terms, her 'ability' is really a restrictor and she can actually release it anytime she wants? It does seem like the visual indicator is a swirl of wind constantly surrounding her one hand.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:32   Link #898
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
mhmm, rereading some Achiga chapters, I wouldn't be surprised if Teru really was holding back. Or to use Shounen terms, her 'ability' is really a restrictor and she can actually release it anytime she wants? It does seem like the visual indicator is a swirl of wind constantly surrounding her one hand.
Hmm....your post gives me an idea.

Maybe Teru has some kind of trauma problem like Saki, she holds back her full power because she thought other will dislike playing with her if she uses full power. Insted of spaming max point (yakuman (48000/32000)) every hand , she set a rule for herself to win with low point first and slowly step up to higher point hand to give other player some handicap.

Anyway, someone at the table will have to be good enough to force Teru to use her full power. Which mean, If we want to see Teru full power in Achiga-hen....either Toki or Kuro will have to upgrade their powers and beat Teru for some rounds.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-05-01 at 00:44.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:41   Link #899
teja208
Critical fanboy

I've noticed from watching Achiga-hen anime that all the previous matches only focus on first player aka vanguard match. Without spoiling anything, I would like to know whether this pattern will continue on for the upcoming match again with Senriyama. Are we really going to have a full match with all five character pairs this time?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:09   Link #900
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I've noticed from watching Achiga-hen anime that all the previous matches only focus on first player aka vanguard match. Without spoiling anything, I would like to know whether this pattern will continue on for the upcoming match again with Senriyama. Are we really going to have a full match with all five character pairs this time?
Yes and No........

Kuro, Yuu and Ako match will get focused. Arata and Shizu match will be shown too, but only little.

Spoiler for How long is the match with Senriyama (number of ep.):

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-05-01 at 14:23.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri