AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-31, 13:43   Link #11421
Gravitas Free Zone

The Havok Physics Engine upgrade lurks out there...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 13:46   Link #11422
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Holeeeey freefall. I'm down -.10 points from where I was last month. Ugh. That definitely hurts. Don't play too many games per day, so every loss HURTS.
Old 2013-12-31, 13:49   Link #11423
Gravitas Free Zone

Trying to speedgrind through the AMX M4 45, while also trying to recover my silver hoard, means that I'm going to not care about my stats for the next week or so. It's gonna get ugly.
Old 2013-12-31, 18:21   Link #11424
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Anyone got details about the chat disabling option coming in 8.11?

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/12/29/wg-stream-qa/

I want to know if it's all or nothing, or you can disable certain chats (such as disabling all and team but leave platoon on). Because if it's all or nothing then there's already a patch for that.

If WG allows you to disable everything except platoon chat, the game might be finally playable. I might even spend money this time if they do.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:40   Link #11425
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
If WG allows you to disable everything except platoon chat, the game might be finally playable. I might even spend money this time if they do.
That is the change we are indeed looking for.

This is good news indeed!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:40   Link #11426
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That is the change we are indeed looking for.

This is good news indeed!!

- Tak
Knowing WG, they'll include it as all or nothing first, then add the option to select between platoon or pubs only in the next (or even later) patch.

Personally I think it's a tempting but bad idea and will make the game more like War Thunder, where teamwork happens 0% of the time since the gameplay is set up so that it's impossible to tell who is who and where. At least in WoT there is the hope, however small, that the pubbies just might get together to accomplish something. For that you need chat and you need decent players to see what others are saying. Shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-12-31 at 19:54.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 20:14   Link #11427
Gravitas Free Zone

I'll glance over at the left side of my screen if it seems like people are saying useful things. If it's just a stream of transcribed 10-year-old-XBox-player sh*t, I'll ignore it.

Hopefully the screening will let through map commands though... without some communication the game can be fairly horrible.

I just got four kills and a win by being Drunken Cromwell. Don't try this at home.
Old 2013-12-31, 21:35   Link #11428
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Hopefully the screening will let through map commands though... without some communication the game can be fairly horrible.
I'm pretty sure it lets those through (I remember reading it on an earlier FTR post), as well as the "Attack", "Defend the Base!" "Affirmative" and other such automated pleas commands.

Quote:
I just got four kills and a win by being Drunken Cromwell. Don't try this at home.
Do you have the replay?
Old 2013-12-31, 22:16   Link #11429
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Do you have the replay?
It looks like this:
Victory!, Cromwell, Widepark, 12/31/13 2:53 PM: 1,518 nXP, 1,746 dmg

A short time later, I was saved by a Super-Heavy Spall Liner...

Images
It is useful on *some* vehicles...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yes, that's Invader. In a TOG. The FV304 rushed me at the end and despite actually hitting, did no damage and thus no cap reset.

Finally, I've decided to pursue the Chaffee, because... completeness? So I have resurrected the pain of tier 4 scouting again. And I decided to do what many, many people before me have done with their crews.

Images
It's not original at all.

Edited to add:

Well, now I know to never try that: I almost had a Steel Wall in my AMX M4 45 (until I got hit by a 122mm and a 152mm during the endgame) because I encountered a fully-stock AT 7 using the autoloading 6-pdr. Even my wimpy French armor held against that.

Bonus bonus:

I hate all of the gun choices on the Cruiser Mk. II. The Pom-Pom is totally useless against Tier 5, and the 3.7-inch howitzer's shell arc can't handle a moving target, but at least when I used it on the Alecto, the Alecto could hide. There's the 2-pdr, which has some penetration, but at 45 damage a shot, it's also useless against Tier 5.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-01-01 at 03:08.
Old 2014-01-01, 11:56   Link #11430
LeoXiao
思想工作

Happy New Year. Just realized that this is the biggest thread in the "Games" section.

Apparently (according to a short discussion I had recently), the accuracy buff and presumably also the VR increase to 700 meters that was mentioned some time ago on FTR is intended to supplement the fact that new, larger maps 30v30 are in the works. Frankly I'm still worried about the existing maps turning into variations of Province.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I decided to watch that in sniper mode the whole time. Pretty wild.

Unfortunately, my own experiences with drunken tankists usually involves them drowning.
Old 2014-01-01, 12:33   Link #11431
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Frankly I'm still worried about the existing maps turning into variations of Province.
My initial reaction to the drawbox change is that it'll break almost all of the existing maps. Though at least it might bring back scouting.

Quote:
I decided to watch that in sniper mode the whole time. Pretty wild.

Unfortunately, my own experiences with drunken tankists usually involves them drowning.
Once I ended up in the cap circle I decided that I wasn't going to do any more driving, because I was chuckling too much. That kept me alive for the win, unlike this game, where I just said "screw it, I'm going to ram this guy if I have to," even though I'd just survived with improbable luck against those other three tanks.

I have a big gun/I took it from my Lord/Sick with Justice/I just wanna feel you/I'm your angel/Only a ring away/You make me violate you/No matter who you are
Images
ISU-152 picture.
Incidentally, that's still one of my favorite strange Engrish songs.
Old 2014-01-01, 19:45   Link #11432
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Cripes, I'm not going to play this game until the internet issue at home gets fixed. The horrid connection makes it impossible to do any plays that could save the matches. Went 0-6, and ALL of them in the IS6, which I couldn't control properly due to spikes.

*sigh*
Old 2014-01-01, 22:41   Link #11433
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, I just had a very RNG'd moment using my alt acc' SU-152. Near the end of a battle (erlenberg assault) I fired to a random place without aiming and somehow killed a hidden FV304 that nobody had spotted since the begining of the battle. Also got a nice 7 kill game in the same vehicle that finally gave me the mastery (had to break the 1400 xp mark to get the mastery).

Also, tomorrow begins the x5 stupidity so get ready... better not to play for the rest of the week.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 22:45   Link #11434
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Also, tomorrow begins the x5 stupidity.
At least it's the first win only. When it was a guaranteed x2 for merely showing up, the level of merely showing up was very high.

Speaking of FV304s, I'm still getting used to mine. Damage is fairly easy; scoring kills can be difficult (alpha is relatively low against higher-tier heavies, and at shorter ranges it seemed like I wasn't getting shots to land on the back deck like I wanted... but turret tops should be thin too...).
Old 2014-01-01, 22:48   Link #11435
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I hate FV304s. Those little f***ing rascals are such a royal PITA with their stupidly high RoF and traverse, also their size is anoying: you can fire at them and miss cuse of their small size.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 23:17   Link #11436
Pen3

Best game on STA so far.
Victory!
Prokhorovka 1/1/2014 10:00:11 PM
STA-1
2,232 55,371
Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Images

Spotting STA
Images

Last edited by Pen3; 2014-01-02 at 00:03.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 01:52   Link #11437
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm within 30K XP of unlocking the AMX 50 100. As predicted my WR has gotten hammered. At least the M4 45 crew is levelling up on skills... but the 50 100 doesn't even have a proper loader!
Old 2014-01-02, 02:05   Link #11438
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

Old 2014-01-02, 02:10   Link #11439
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsScareMeOK View Post

Congrats. I made sure to take a picture of that moment of mine as well. Except I was dumber and the numbers were both 4 digits...
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:23   Link #11440
Pen3

My friend wanted to help me grind my Chi-Ri's new crew and somehow this guy stays alive in the deepest shit.
http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1003...80554170380006
http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1003...81597847435059

He died early on this one, but i was able to carry and the Chi-Ri AP can pen pretty good. Watch this if you're still wondering if the tank is worth getting or not. No 6th sense on new crew training by the way.
http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1003...64722091586583
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks