Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-18, 23:19   Link #1
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
[Manga] Chapter 239 Discussion

This story has been outlined pretty well in the chapter 238 discussion. I have the raw and have confirmed the outline. Here's the actual translation of the events already posted:

Quote:
The very late Obito begins dashing towards the meeting place!
Obito: :anting::?Damnit! At this rate, he's gonna kill me! Did I make it?
(He stumbles and falls)
Obito: Uwaa!
(He skids into the meeting place)

Kakashi: You're late, Obito! You should know when we're supposed to meet! A shinobi has to make sure and observe the rules!

Obito: No, no, an old lady asked me to help carry her luggage across the street, and then I got something in my eye...
Kakashi: My ass!

The 4th (HOLY CRAP): Don't say that, Kakashi. Obito took the time to help an old lady, right?
Obito: Yeah, I helped with her luggage!

Kakashi: Sensei's such a pushover...You should be angry at Obito! People who don't follow the rules and laws are trash who souldn't be Shinobi! Right?
The 4th: Heh heh...
Obito: You bastard, don't you have any sympathy? Quit bitching about rules and laws! At least I've got some self-control!
::Kakashi seems to be getting pissed off::

Rin (Must be the girl!): Okay, okay, enough already! We're a TEAM, remember?
Kakashi: You're always soft on Obito...besides, today's an important day for me.
Rin: Y-yeah...
Obito: ...? Huh?

The 4th: Yes...starting today, Kakashi will, like me, assume the role of a jounin. In the interest of completing missions and efficiency, I'm removing him from the group. This is mainly because right now, Konoha's military strength is at an all-time low.
Obito: ...leaving?
The 4th: Oh, yeah. Kakashi will be in charge of you and Rin, and you'll operate as a 3-man team. I'll be alone from here on out.

Rin: We definitely told you about this before, Obito. We were gonna give Kakashi a apresent!
Obito: Heh...sorry...guess I didn't hear...
::Kakashi glances at Obito::

The 4th: I got this for you. It's a specially-made kunai! It's a bit heavy, but once you get used to it is's really easy to use. You should bring it on your mission!
Kakashi: Thanks.

Rin: I got you this!
Obito: ......
Rin: It's a special personal medicine pack! I improved it so it'd be easier to use!
Kakashi: Thank you.

::Kakashi remains silent, looking at Obito as if to ask, "What'd you get me?"::
Obito: Wh-what? I didn't do anything!
Kakashi: Eh..nothing. Make yourself useful and hold this stuff for me.
::Obito looks hurt::
Obito: Why the hell would they make you a jounin anyways? It makes no sense!
Kakashi: I don't feel like talking about it...

::Obito shakes with anger (?)::
Obito: I'm the Uchiha Clan's Uchiha Obito! I'll surpass you! Once my Sharingan is fully developed!
Kakashi: Isn't everyone in the Uchiha an elite ninja? I thought so, but...
Obito: WHAT?

Rin: Enough! Stop it already!
The 4th: All right, time to explain the mission. It's near the border.
::takes out a map:: See? This line right here. This is where the Earth country is invading the Hidden Village of Grass. Obviously, the opponents are shinobi from the Hidden Stone... Reports say there are about 1000 enemy ninja along this line. If they advance much further....well, they won't be at the border of the Fire country, but it might be too late if we wait that long.

Rin: So many of them...they're moving in so smoothly?
The 4th: So, for this mission...to beat back so many opponents we need a lot of Shinobi. So, in order to sabotage their advancement, we need a select few...
Kakashi: The bridge, eh...so this is an infiltration mission.

The 4th: Right! Kakashi, your group...well, you guys' mission is to sneak in behind the enemy and destroy the bridge that they need to receive supplies. This will cut off their reinforcements. After that, get out of there.
The three: Yes!

The 4th: ...
Obito: ...What about you, sensei?
The 4th: ...I'll be attacking directly, on the front lines. Hopefully to distract them from you. For today, Kakashi is in charge. The mission starts when you reach the border.
The three: Yes!

The three set out, and on the way..

Kakashi: !
::Kakashi notices something and motions for everyone to stop::
Obito and Rin: !
4th: Nice, Kakashi.

::Of course, the 4th noticed the ninjas from the Hidden Stone.::
Stone ninjas: He noticed us...Tough guy...
::They see the 4th::

Stone nin: Is that...? Nooo, that's impossible...But his appearance...

The 4th: One...? Everyone, be careful...theree's over twenty, though they appear to be kage bunshins...

Kakashi: Seems like it...sensei, I'll go in, cover me.
::They look concerned::

The 4th: Don't just jump in, Kakashi...you guys cover me, I'll go.
Kakashi: Sensei, today I'm in charge! I want to try the new jutsu I've been developing.

Chidori!

Stone nin: !! Get away from me!
Obito: What is that jutsu!
Rin: The amount of chakra is amazing...
The 4th: .....
Kakashi: Let's go!
One thing to add is that the environment of the upcoming fight is a forest with gigantic mushrooms sprouting off the trees.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 23:28   Link #2
Lathmeer

great summary Genei Killua! thanks

Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it myself.
Lathmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 23:28   Link #3
gibits
Endless

So i guess we can guess where kakashi got his eye eh? And i assume Obito is the guy with the glasses. I was wondering if this was coming out this week. Thanks for the translation.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 23:42   Link #4
Jin
Staked!

Send a message via AIM to Jin
That heavy kunai is what probably gave him the scar where his sharingan is!
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 23:48   Link #5
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

Here's some pics of chp 239 I found if anyone is interested

http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up12269.jpg
http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up12268.jpg
http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up12267.jpg
http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up12266.jpg
http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up12265.jpg

Enjoy ^^

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 23:57   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

And the next jump doesn't go on sale till November 29th. Mm, another long wait.
Old 2004-11-19, 00:12   Link #7
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Hahaha, this makes sense now...

I previously thought the manga was going to focus on Kakashi when he was a genin, and it surprised the hell out of me when I read that he used the chidori in the Ch. 238 thread.

Anyways, sounds like a good chapter.

Quote:
The 4th: ...I'll be attacking directly, on the front lines.
I dont have the raw with me, but if Im getting the situation right, the 4th is going to go head to head with about 1000 Hidden Stoned ninjas.

Is this accurate?
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 00:28   Link #8
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
I dont have the raw with me, but if Im getting the situation right, the 4th is going to go head to head with about 1000 Hidden Stoned ninjas.

Is this accurate?
Most likely not. I doubt anyone could go head to head with 1000 ninjas (except the kyuubi.) It just means that he'll be on the front lines attacking with other high-class konoha nin.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 00:46   Link #9
LeafNinja

This was a good chapter, I guess it also more or less confirms Shikamaru could remain on Team Asuma with no problems if Chuunin Kakashi stayed with Team Fourth and could have stayed as a Jounin had the village not needed the skilled ninja so much.

Is nice finally seeing the Fourth with a speaking part, looks like his reputation proceeds him even before becoming Hokage. Not sure if he is really that gullible or just likes play along with his team, either way, he seems like a cool guy.

Kakashi's personality is nice too, the air of seriousness and getting a look at the goofiness of Obito that I'm sure will rub off on Kakashi over time. Also it appears Kakashi has a sword strapped to his back. Wonder if he'll use it any.

At the pace this chapter went, it seems like this Gaiden may run quite a few chapters (15-20). Because I figure if Obito doesn't even have a developed Sharingan yet, we may see him finally pull it out in this mission, and afterwards we may get a fastforward to a time he and Kakashi were ANBU or something, and then get to a point where we will see the eye switch.

My personal spec has been that a baddie from this Gaiden will show up with Akatsuki when we come back to the present. A Hidden Stone missing-nin who kills Obito giving Kakashi an added pay-back mechanism for the next arc? Sounds plausible.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 00:55   Link #10
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Why hasn't this been stickied?
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 01:06   Link #11
dsn2k

Kakashi = Sasuke

so over confident and its very funny to see, I guess he learns his lesson at some point.
dsn2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 01:35   Link #12
Last of the Uchiha

Was Obito shown with the sharingan when he was talking that he would beat his ass once he has the fully developed sharingan?
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 01:47   Link #13
SOmbody
ナルトの 学生

Send a message via AIM to SOmbody
quite an amazing chapter, and to see the fourth is awesome. I want to see a young adolescent kakashi kick some ass and at the same time make mistakes, and I would also like to get to knowthe personalities of rin and obito. Obito seems like a clumsy type of guy and whom he is sort of a rival with and rin is just like uh.... sakura? i cant tell if she has pink hair or not, nobody will know until therse a colored cover of rin on it. I cant wait till the anime catches up to this ^_^ we are going to see some kick ass action. And when the 4th is like "yea im going to be attacking directly" i hope he pulls out gamabunta and kicks everyone arrses
SOmbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 01:49   Link #14
SOmbody
ナルトの 学生

Send a message via AIM to SOmbody
no he didnt appear to have any sign of sharingan, i would guess its just like how sasuke is ... it doesnt show until he activates it. But i wonder since Itachi is mangekyou it stays like that the whole time...
SOmbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 01:53   Link #15
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Most likely not. I doubt anyone could go head to head with 1000 ninjas (except the kyuubi.) It just means that he'll be on the front lines attacking with other high-class konoha nin.
Or cannon fodder...
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 02:03   Link #16
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

No Obito hasn't shown that he even has the sharingan. This is interesting. Judging from there appearance they are Team 7's age and Kakashi is already Jounin! Talk about bad ass. Obito acts just like Naruto and Kakashi is just like Sasuke in terms of personality. Its also great to see the 4th he seems so calm and carefree ^^. I wander what his special abilities are, he already has quit a reputation as the Stone ninja instantly recognizes him. I'm not so sure Kakashi will grow up with Obito. It almost appears as if Obito not having a gift is foreshadowing of the fatc that he gives the sharingan as Kakashi's gift when he dies . Kakashi and Obito seem to be the stereotypical genius and moron rivals. I'm guessing they become closer as the arc continues and Kakashi does something careless to get Obito killed. I think this will last no more than 10 chapters as its only a side story and the story doesn't look like a long one. The raw is out now by the way. Great chapter!
Old 2004-11-19, 02:05   Link #17
LIQUIDCELL

This is so cool! We've finally got to see Yondaime's personality----and this side of Kakashi as a genius and a very serious kid---developed Chidori before he got his sharingan eye from his beloved friend, Uchiha Obito.

This sharingan eye is more of a sentimental value, and the Kakashi that we know now seemed to have adopted some of Obito's personality. Perhaps, to keep his best friend's memory alive within him.
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 02:05   Link #18
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I find it quite interesting in the fact that it doesn't seem that one needs the sharingan to use chidori. The fact that Kakashi is using such a technique at such a young age and without the use of sharingan definently shows that he deserves to be called a genius, he was definently more talented Sasuke which was already shown to be obvious with his quite early graduation from the ninja academy. Can't wait to see what Obito can do and this Rin person, along with whether she's still alive or dead or whatever.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 02:16   Link #19
evilryu
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
No Obito hasn't shown that he even has the sharingan. This is interesting. Judging from there appearance they are Team 7's age and Kakashi is already Jounin! Talk about bad ass. Obito acts just like Naruto and Kakashi is just like Sasuke in terms of personality. Its also great to see the 4th he seems so calm and carefree ^^. I wander what his special abilities are, he already has quit a reputation as the Stone ninja instantly recognizes him. I'm not so sure Kakashi will grow up with Obito. It almost appears as if Obito not having a gift is foreshadowing of the fatc that he gives the sharingan as Kakashi's gift when he dies . Kakashi and Obito seem to be the stereotypical genius and moron rivals. I'm guessing they become closer as the arc continues and Kakashi does something careless to get Obito killed. I think this will last no more than 10 chapters as its only a side story and the story doesn't look like a long one. The raw is out now by the way. Great chapter!
Eye for a present, I like that.. I hope it lasts a little long, to be frank I'm sick of Sasuke-kunt and Narutard.

/fanboymode ZOMGFFSWTFBBQYONDAIME!!!

Its been an eternity in waiting.
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 02:27   Link #20
fremeer

obito has googles. naruto had googles. by the looks of it rin is a medical ninja so she is 1000x more useful then sakura. it would be cool if rin was the anbu chick we saw, the sister of hayate.
fremeer is offline   Reply With Quote