AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 32 Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 13.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 21.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 6.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-09, 01:27   Link #21
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
I don't mind watching more episodes like this even without Hina screentime. Sakuya is just love. She has indeed gained some points from the previous episode. This episode just gave her ranking a boost amongst the other girls with all the blushing and Harisen. Isumin Kiikku! Looking forward to next week's episode. Hina!
Old 2007-11-09, 07:43   Link #22
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

I lol'ed hard. The randomness is there. Sakuya + Isumi <3

Afro HAHAHAHA
Old 2007-11-09, 09:00   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Except for the Kinos journey parody this was the most random episode ever. I honestly had a hard time making it through this one i was just so uninterested in what was going on if anything all was actually happening. It seemed to me it was just a bunch of random stuff thrown into a pot then dumped out on a plate and presented to us. Oh well theres always next week.
Old 2007-11-09, 10:11   Link #24
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Starting episode 30, HnG is picking up from where it slacks off so many episodes ago that i don't even remember. The ratings are picking up too lately. It's getting more and more interesting on top of the better animation quality. The character development of Sakuya is pretty obvious in the last two episodes. And of course, I totally adore Isumi in this episode.

While Sinestra could be right about a bunch of random stuff being thrown at us, the important thing is: one, it's funny; and two, it's fluid. As long as they keep the two important ingredients intact, it's fine with me.

The next one about the Bunkasai should bring HnG back to become more plot centric.
Old 2007-11-09, 10:41   Link #25
Spastic_Hobo

10/10 for Nabeshin
Old 2007-11-09, 11:45   Link #26
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Does anyone else think they were also trying to parody Excel Saga with the randomness?
Old 2007-11-09, 14:37   Link #27
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed, I could never get into Excel Saga myself because of the massive randomness, but seeing it in characters I know made it somewhat bearable. If they decide it to use it just for one episode it is a blast, and a good one. However seeing a whole series revolving around this theme, like Excel Saga, still gives me spasms.

An 8 overall I guess

ps: As expected from the poll reactions this kind of comedy is pretty much miss or hit. ^_^;
Old 2007-11-09, 17:48   Link #28
anselfir
Style Über Alles

randomness is fine if done with some transitions, else it resembles a disorganized rant.
Old 2007-11-09, 19:34   Link #29
X207
Gamyūsa

one word perfectly describes this episode: bizarre.
Old 2007-11-09, 22:27   Link #30
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I haven't much liked Nabeshin ever since that terrible anime he did last year, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (he was mildly funny before that). This ep was a bit too random, but not all bad. The line: "We're not knockoffs, we're inspired by them" was brilliant. Other than that... well, meh.
Old 2007-11-10, 10:05   Link #31
Geass
~Power of the King~

I'd say the first half was mediocre, but it got better towards the end.
Old 2007-11-10, 12:14   Link #32
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Nabeshin segment

Oh, my God! Oh, my GOD!

The legend himself. From the bowels and depths which hell has ever scorned he has come.

NABESHIN! Nabeshin! Afro guy in Hayate no Gotoku couldn't have made this episode hilariously freaky.

Was it true that Kawaguchi actually offered Nabeshin the invitation to appear in that episode?

Does the real-life Nabeshin is able to pull out stuff from his afro?

The best part of his segment was that he brought the wife and kid with him and all three of them were freeloading eating at Nagi's manor to their hearts content.

I'll tell you the Afro rules!!! He should have stolen the Hayate's spot in the current opening but got a helluva of screentime in the older one. He's the man, I'm telling you

Isumi and Sakuya segment

Those two make the best pair, and I can imagine all yuri fanfic writers and drawers who love those two going head over heels at making their contributions.

I have a theory on what happened between Isumi and Nagi.
Spoiler:

Tama segment

People, always be awared that white tigers are actually sleepwalkers and from time to time at night they'll walk in to your room while either having some wet dream or dreaming about a fantasy girl. So you ought to get madly pissed at one, if it ever confuses you with the girl of its dreams by whispering love words onto your ear.
Old 2007-11-10, 21:06   Link #33
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Probably one of the funniest Hayate episodes ever. Perfect score!

I'm sure the Hayate fans won't like it because it deviates from their pre-established views of what Hayate should be like, but really, episodes like this just let the series go wild. One thing people have to remember is that Hayate is nothing more than a frame tale for a lot of gags, inside and slapstick jokes and over-the-top action - if you want real romantic development, watch School Days or KGNE, this is the wrong type of show to laud over.
Old 2007-11-10, 21:46   Link #34
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Probably one of the funniest Hayate episodes ever. Perfect score!

I'm sure the Hayate fans won't like it because it deviates from their pre-established views of what Hayate should be like, but really, episodes like this just let the series go wild. One thing people have to remember is that Hayate is nothing more than a frame tale for a lot of gags, inside and slapstick jokes and over-the-top action - if you want real romantic development, watch School Days or KGNE, this is the wrong type of show to laud over.
But I watched them both! Plus it's not that it's not romantic, it just seems like it's just going all over the place. It's suffering from an identify crisis.
Old 2007-11-10, 21:51   Link #35
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
But I watched them both! Plus it's not that it's not romantic, it just seems like it's just going all over the place. It's suffering from an identify crisis.
Which isn't romantic?
Old 2007-11-10, 21:55   Link #36
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Which isn't romantic?
I'm saying that it's not a bad thing HnG isn't romantic.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:03   Link #37
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Oh certainly I agree, but at AnimeSuki it would seem a lot of people would be looking between the lines for romance as a central draw to the show - to those folks, I offer dire warnings since they're bound to be in for a disappointment. It's been two or three audience generations since Ranma 1/2 and I think people shouldn't get lured into the promise of a defined finish.

"frame tale" like long shounen fiction rarely end conclusively. My favourite of these romantic comedy varieties, Midori no Hibi, is a concise exception to the trend.

On the subject of Hayate's issues...the only problematic element of the second season's episodes is that they feel too capsulated. As in, there's very little congruency between, say, last week's episode and this - aside from the ordering of the butler battles, one could watch them out of order and not know the difference. So in this sense, the progression of the story is stagnated.

I won't call this filler because I don't know if it's manga-canon or not (though Nabeshin certainly isn't). Any manga readers to offer a roadmap...?
Old 2007-11-10, 22:10   Link #38
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol gotta love randomness, and randomness that HnG does very well.

loving Sakuya and Isumi, Isumi @ phone mode = ROFL
Old 2007-11-10, 22:21   Link #39
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Quote:

I won't call this filler because I don't know if it's manga-canon or not (though Nabeshin certainly isn't). Any manga readers to offer a roadmap...?
IIRC the Nabeshin portion is not in the manga, but the Isumi part was taken from volume 7 of the manga ^_^
Old 2007-11-10, 22:23   Link #40
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'd always thought of the romance in HnG to be part of the running gags