AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-11, 19:38   Link #141
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And Grimkill's mention of Tokimeki really got me worried. TT so far is may be the best harem show I've ever seen (if ef isn't a harem show). For me, Tokimeki Memorial was one of the worst. I tried and tried, but I just hated that show. Tastes differ, I know.
Heh. I wouldn't worry about my off-handed comment. True Tears is actually a great show whereas Tokimeki is the harem killer. The only reason I brought it up is that Hiromi is getting as much attention as Sayuri got and it kinda bugs me since Noe and Aiko are great characters as well. And just to elaborate so no one jumps on me, by "attention" I meant romantic involvement with Shin, not overall screentime. At this point Noe is the weird imouto character that Shin occasionally hangs around with and Aiko might as well not exist outside of the sweater incident.
Old 2008-02-11, 19:40   Link #142
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Ok...so i watched the first 6 episodes in one sitting, darn, i should've DEFINITELY put this off until the whole thang came out :'(...maybe i should just wait until the next 7 episodes come out...*sigh*

p.s. - anyone know any other similar animes to True Tears? Im looking for a good one, not some crummy one.

but yeah, i hope Jun doesn't end up with Hiromi...imma just cry if that happens.

Also, imma bet Ai and Nobuse get back together...he's prolli gonna show her how he really feels somehow without the help of Shinichiro, plus i think she does realize that he is a good person (these snacks...are all my favorite).

Anyway...i hope Shinichiro X Hiromi is what happens in the end, and why do i get the feeling that Noe might do some "take your tears to the sky" as in she'll die >.> hope she doesn't though, she's such a cute and innocent character (especially her little butt dance at the end ... "Shin...ichiro..."
Old 2008-02-11, 20:00   Link #143
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

so many hiromixshin followers have been growing in numbers of late, but I shall not falter...I still believe it shallbe NoexShin at the end!!
Old 2008-02-11, 20:08   Link #144
cnnydz
Feed me

haha look what i found
the maury show

but seriously this whole half siblings thing is just to cliched, maybe hiromi will catch a terminal disease now.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:19   Link #145
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I will go out on a limb and say that I think Shin will end up with Noe or no-one. We'll see. In any case, Hiromi is far from a done deal, no matter how early in the series this is. I think the writers are not bounded by anime cliche. At least I hope they aren't. One slight clue: Noe is first in the ED parade, and Takagaki Ayahi is credited ahead of Nazuka Kaori in the end credits, despite being a lesser name. The male protagonist of a harem show is usually credited first, as Ishii Makoto is here.
I think Noe was chosen to lead the ED parade because she is the catalyst for much of what happens in the show. She's the reason why Hiromi could'nt maintain the seal she had on her feelings for Shinichiro and gets her moving towards Shinichiro. Noe will probably be the one who pushes Shinichiro to "fly" and no longer be "like a chicken in a poultry farm with no choice but to just accept whatever comes along" (Shin's own words in ep. 6 describing his situation with Hiromi). As for the ED lyrics, they seem to apply to Hiromi more than any of the other characters, especially the following part (not my translation).

I want to forget,
I have to forget.
While wavering,
My heart sinks.
It's for you,
I'm tellin' a lie.

Most of you already noticed but Hiromi's chibi character starts off walking with a reserved serious attitude but then cuts loose and runs happily towards the end of the ED and Aiko's chibi character was already shown knitting something. Between those things and the lyrics they gave us some clues before it happened in the show.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-11 at 21:14.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:24   Link #146
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post

What anime have you been watching?? Tell me, because I truly want to watch them. Almost every harem I've ever seen has paired the lead with his childhood friend and didn't even try to be subtle about it either. Shuffle! was the only anime that didn't let me down in this regard. Just thinking about a Shuffle! pairing happening in True Tears brings a smile to my face. Unfortunately, most studios don't want to take the chance with this kind of pairing so it never gets done.
back at you grimkill7, Tell me what anime has childhoodfriend pairings. I can name a few anime where the childhoodfriend got the shaft more than I can name where the childhood friend got the guy or girl.

Childhoodfriend got screwed!
Shuffle
All decapo series
e-f memories
Code-E

Recent series where a childhoodfriend ended with the boy was Myself;yourself but considering that ALL the girls were childhoodfriends but one and the one that was not, was a lesbian, the chances of not being a childhoodfriend were very small.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:31   Link #147
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
haha look what i found
the maury show

but seriously this whole half siblings thing is just to cliched, maybe hiromi will catch a terminal disease now.
lol, ok where are the people that swear that those things don't happen in real life. Of course in this case they didn't know after they fell in love. The couples that knew before, are in hiding of course!

It will be tough for them now, because they went in that show now they can be prosecuted for something i guess there must be something illegal about bother and sister being together, anyone know if this is actually a misdemeanor or a felony?
Old 2008-02-11, 20:36   Link #148
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
As for the ED lyrics, they seem to apply to Hiromi more than any of the other characters, especially the following part (not my translation).

I want to forget,
I have to forget.
While wavering,
My heart sinks.
It's for you,
I'm tellin' a lie.
*supports a Hiromi x Shin ending.

Didn't like Hiromi at first, but she's become a better developed character by episode 5-6. She also lives in the same house, so she has more "encounters" with Shin than the other girls - more encounters means more chances to get close to him.

Most importantly, Hiromi is the one Shin likes in the first place.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:40   Link #149
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
*supports a Hiromi x Shin ending.

Didn't like Hiromi at first, but she's become a better developed character by episode 5-6. She also lives in the same house, so she has more "encounters" with Shin than the other girls - more encounters means more chances to get close to him.

Most importantly, Hiromi is the one Shin likes in the first place.
I also now support Hiromi. At first I didn't like her lying, and I was an Aiko suporter, though I knew she didn't stand a chance. Well Aiko is not longer the underdog, So now my support has shifted to Hiromi. It goes this way Hiromo>Aiko>Noe. I hope Aiko finds love somewhere else because I don't like Nobuse at all. She can do better.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:43   Link #150
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I also now support Hiromi. At first I didn't like her lying, and I was an Aiko suporter, though I knew she didn't stand a chance. Well Aiko is not longer the underdog, So now my support has shifted to Hiromi. It goes this way Hiromo>Aiko>Noe. I hope Aiko finds love somewhere else because I don't like Nobuse at all. She can do better.
Nice one.

Honestly, I was fooled by Hiromi's lie on the first episodes.
Only realized she also likes Shin by episode 5.

*eagerly awaits the next episode
Old 2008-02-11, 20:52   Link #151
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
back at you grimkill7, Tell me what anime has childhoodfriend pairings. I can name a few anime where the childhoodfriend got the shaft more than I can name where the childhood friend got the guy or girl.

Childhoodfriend got screwed!
Shuffle
All decapo series
e-f memories
Code-E

Recent series where a childhoodfriend ended with the boy was Myself;yourself but considering that ALL the girls were childhoodfriends but one and the one that was not, was a lesbian, the chances of not being a childhoodfriend were very small.
Hmmm. Just off the top of my head, I think I can name a few.
Spoiler for Spoilers of series:

I could probably name some more, but that's all I got for now.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:55   Link #152
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

New off the top of my head theory...

Hiromi dies and that instigates "true tears" from Shinchiro. He ends up with no one in the end, but gets comforted by Noe. Aiko gets convinced by Nobuse and they end up together.

Actually I think that theory is kinda bad.
Old 2008-02-11, 21:04   Link #153
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Hiromi dies and that instigates "true tears" from Shinchiro. He ends up with no one in the end, but gets comforted by Noe. Aiko gets convinced by Nobuse and they end up together.

i think it will be more like this:
hiromi caught a terminal disease, died and shin'ichiro commit suicide, fulfilling the prophecy - "a pair of star-crossed lovers, take their life."
Old 2008-02-11, 21:14   Link #154
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:

Kinda bad? You kill off Hiromi, then you make matters even worse by sticking Aiko with Nobuse. Worst ending ever imo.
Old 2008-02-11, 21:15   Link #155
golthin

Quote:

right now, I will be happy with anything BUT Nobuse and Aiko together. She is miserable when she is with the guy. You can't force love not matter what. She might be content if she marry the guy, but I doubt she will be ever happy.
Old 2008-02-11, 21:19   Link #156
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

NO!!! NO MOE DEATHSS NO MOE TERMINAL ILLNESSES!

daz terrible :'(...i hate those endings, makes me so sad...like with kanon when that one person died...i won't say who cuz it'd be a spoiler, but yeah! it's so sad
Old 2008-02-11, 22:30   Link #157
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Part of me wished that they could just do a DNA test and solve the puzzle but as for now, I'd prefer the drama to slowly reach its climax. It's too juicy.
Old 2008-02-11, 22:47   Link #158
DanielSong39

I vote for the DNA test; otherwise the drama would be too contrived for me. It didn't work in Onegai Twins, it didn't work in Marmalade Boy, and it won't work in True Tears.

If they really were siblings and had to learn to deal with reality, I'd find it much more interesting - especially as Jun and Noe struggled with the same problem.
Old 2008-02-11, 22:48   Link #159
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Okay. Then I will counter with Hiromi being first in the OP.
i just rewatched the OP several times. Hiromi is not the first, the first is actually Aiko. just before the picture moves up to show the 3 of them standing together, a picture of Aiko was flashed for like 0.01 secs. you have to watch very carefully and pause the video to see it, i am wondering why....
Old 2008-02-11, 23:19   Link #160
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^flashed for .01 seconds? maybe to show that she's only gonna be part of the show for a tiny bit, you know, she's not gonna last very long

idk shin + ai is weird imo, shin + noe is also a bit weird, but i could see how these two could get paired up...and finally my fave is shin and hirome...for them to overcome their "possible" sibling'-ness? lol, u know what i mean
Closed Thread