AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-07, 13:14   Link #21
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
~Natural Selcetion
~Priston tales
~City of Heroes
~Sacyrad

Umm these are the only ones that pop into mind that havent been mentioned yet
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:19   Link #22
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

theres one for zone of enders? oh man, never seen it in the shops...
unreal tournament would make a nice story... have some person whos fighting for his/her life/freedom. thats wat ut is about, anyway... add in behind-the-battlefield scenes, have some objective... it can be done easily...
priston tales? i sure like to see the extremely vicious, powerful rabbit in anime form...
Oblodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 18:50   Link #23
Ragh of Doom
Raistlin Majere

Send a message via AIM to Ragh of Doom Send a message via MSN to Ragh of Doom
How about a WWII anime (call of duty/bf1942!)? That would be action, not drama. Unreal Tournament would make a lousy show. I also second Genso Suikoden II, it would make for a great story. I don't care for any scifi games other than NS, Doom, and UT2004. No mechs for me
Ragh of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 22:39   Link #24
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

ut 2004 is unreal tournament!!! -_- but yea, a wwII anime would be real nice... was there any like it created b4?
Old 2004-05-09, 18:32   Link #25
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblodra
ut 2004 is unreal tournament!!! -_- but yea, a wwII anime would be real nice... was there any like it created b4?
Um, fantasy (Sakura Wars), realistic (Grave of the Fireflies, Barefoot Gen, etc..), or scifi/mecha (Gunparade March, Jin-Roh)... they are out there. Keep in mind, the Japanese lost WWII, and pretty badly at that, so they wouldn't remember it with the same romance that a westerner might.

If you want good WWII series, go rent Band of Brothers, or any of the hundreds of movies available. My personal favorite is an old Spielburg flick called Empire of the Sun.

As for the thread's topic, I'd rather see an MMORPG made out of Naruto before an anime from City of Heroes or UT2k4.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 14:35   Link #26
Ragh of Doom
Raistlin Majere

Send a message via AIM to Ragh of Doom Send a message via MSN to Ragh of Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Um, fantasy (Sakura Wars), realistic (Grave of the Fireflies, Barefoot Gen, etc..), or scifi/mecha (Gunparade March, Jin-Roh)... they are out there. Keep in mind, the Japanese lost WWII, and pretty badly at that, so they wouldn't remember it with the same romance that a westerner might.

If you want good WWII series, go rent Band of Brothers, or any of the hundreds of movies available. My personal favorite is an old Spielburg flick called Empire of the Sun.

As for the thread's topic, I'd rather see an MMORPG made out of Naruto before an anime from City of Heroes or UT2k4.
Yeah, that was obvious- the Japanese lost, horribly.. I was thinking about that a few minutes after I posted. Why would the Japanese be interested in WWII? lol .. Battlefield would make an intense show though

But besides that, I would also like to see an anime series for EQ (not like .hack). Ah, that would be great.. My two pastimes put into one. How about Onimusha?
Ragh of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 19:00   Link #27
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

-_______________________-"

uh. i kinda forgot... thx for reminding me. and yea, empire of the sun is good!
Old 2004-05-11, 06:14   Link #28
Aquillion

Planescape: Torment. Only it would have to be done by someone like Studio 4C, who could manage the strange animation techniques necessary to believably show the Nameless One or the wierdness of Sigel.

Or, for something a bit more reasonable, Grandia 2. Unfortunately the plot sort of falls apart halfway through, but the first half of the anime would be great.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 11:05   Link #29
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Xenogears ( PS1 )

not xenosaga .
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 21:12   Link #30
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Dead or Alive. Not the fighting game. The beach volleyball game.

Oh yeah!!
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 18:13   Link #31
Samurai_Yojimbo

gotta agree Metal Gear solid anime whud totaly rock.what about Metroid Prime and Shenmue they whud be gd.

(btw for the guy who said he whud like to see powerstone turned into an anime it already is i think its 26 eps long)
Samurai_Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 23:30   Link #32
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
There's an anime based on Powerstone! What is it called? Is it any good?
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 07:59   Link #33
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Animegame!

Definitely ZELDA, although I reckon a cleaned-up version of DRAGOn KNIGHT or CASTLE FANTASIA would be good...I'd like to see an anime of Albert Odyssey and Mana (TV series? yeah! ;>)
cercia_highelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:10   Link #34
Jimbo1023
1023 inc. CEO

They need to make a Harvest Moon anime.
Jimbo1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:51   Link #35
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Quote:
Originally Posted by husyk
There's an anime based on Powerstone! What is it called? Is it any good?
It's very child oriented and is in my opinion a bit overly child oriented in a bad way ( i love card captor, but powerstone.... i dun like it too much... )

And i agree - a Xenogears anime would be uber!!! wohoooo .. that would rule sooo much =)

And i would like to see an Deus Ex (1) anime! Agend denton silently roams the enemy base in search of the mission ambrosia barrel all stealthy... and the story line of deus ex1 is great too! That would be sooo great T_T ... i want a deus ex anime
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 22:05   Link #36
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

I would love to see a Suikoden series, I would want a 4 part series of all four games, with a SuikoGaiden OVA. I want to see the Lunar series get an anime, all 3 games. Most of all though Lunar: SSSC. I want a good Classic Rockman series, as well as X, Zero and DASH series. I would love to see Wild Arms 1 turn into an anime. I would love to see a Dynasty Warriors anime.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 05:36   Link #37
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Metal Gear Solid - Maybe an OVA or movie, but I don't think they could manage a series out of this really. It would be hard to create a story of MGS standards that would last for 13-26 episodes. Also, many viewers may not care for the sneaking in place of action.

Resident Evil / Biohazard - Ever since I saw the opening animation of Hellsing I've thought this would work in an anime setting. Push the horror element enough and it would work. Plus since the live action movie series seems doomed an anime might be the route to go.

Halo (maybe) - As somebody else said Red vs Blue is the route to go for this. "Oh sweet! They sell tanks!"

Xenosaga - nope... Xenogears...

Ninja Gaiden - If they could make the series really old fashioned like the old NES games I'd certainly watch it. Just have the first ep end with Ryu getting shot in the back by a woman. Think every NES game, the first mission ended w/ some woman sneaking up on Ryu and shooting him...

Dead or Alive (probably ends up a hentai) - Very echhi probably...also probably the best chance out of all of these of making it into an anime...

Mortal Kombat - guh...no more...mortal kombat...

StarCraft - Would have to be done in the cg style like the cinematics between missions during the games. However, with a style like that it would probably look identical to the Starship Troopers series: "Roughnecks".
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 01:56   Link #38
hooliganj
Team Player

To the several people who mentioned City of Heroes, I refer you to either the Ragnarok anime series now airing, or to the official City of Heroes comic book. To sum up: they both suck, and so would a CoH anime.

Now I may be totally off my rocker, but how about an anime based on Space Channel 5? Even if it's bad, it would be so bad that it's worth watching.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 23:07   Link #39
FarthingRedFox

These games will be rad as animes
-----------------------------------------------
Sly Cooper
Custom Robo
Mr. Driller (japan only versions)
Legend Of Zelda
Viewtiful Joe
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Crash Bandicoot
Star Fox
FarthingRedFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 16:49   Link #40
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Devil May Cry would be a good anime if they consider making it...Hellsing was as close as it gets to Devil May Cry...wouldn't you agree?
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote