Old 2004-02-01, 18:00   Link #1
kyee7k

wind a break of heart game demo wtf?

A game demo?
or is it merely the name of the anime?
Old 2004-02-01, 18:05   Link #2
htpcfan
L1: Lazy Puppy

Translated demo, it seems. I haven't followed up much on recent dating sims since Memories Off 2 and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien... so I'm not much of a resource. However...

... try clicking on the link. The webpage it leads to to explains everything about it...
Old 2004-02-01, 18:07   Link #3
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy

I posted this in the Torrent Submissions forum, but I'll guess I'll ask here to.

Does this mean that Animesuki will start to list Anime games that are unlicensed?

Or is this a one time thing?
Old 2004-02-01, 19:26   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyee7k
A game demo?
or is it merely the name of the anime?
It is featured because it was the OP movie to minori's "Wind," in which director Shinkai Makoto worked on.
Old 2004-02-01, 20:09   Link #5
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Voodoo
I posted this in the Torrent Submissions forum, but I'll guess I'll ask here to.

Does this mean that Animesuki will start to list Anime games that are unlicensed?

Or is this a one time thing?
Sadly, I doubt fansubbing anime-related games is going to be the next big thing... And even if it was, it would be far more prudent to list only patches, not the entire game...
Old 2004-02-01, 20:49   Link #6
Ragh of Doom
Raistlin Majere

Send a message via AIM to Ragh of Doom Send a message via MSN to Ragh of Doom
It's the game itself, subbed in english. Although the save feature doesn't work.
Old 2004-02-01, 21:07   Link #7
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragh of Doom
It's the game itself, subbed in english. Although the save feature doesn't work.
This is a translated version of the "as is" demo that was released from the original Japanese studio and it only contains the beginning of the game, which contains around 5% of the whole game.

Either way, this demo is only supposed to give you a feel of what the game is like. And as stated already, translating whole games and releasing patches probably won't happen a lot (if at all).
Old 2004-02-01, 21:49   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
This is a translated version of the "as is" demo that was released from the original Japanese studio and it only contains the beginning of the game, which contains around 5% of the whole game.

Either way, this demo is only supposed to give you a feel of what the game is like. And as stated already, translating whole games and releasing patches probably won't happen a lot (if at all).
Yeah, sadly, the team who worked on this demo basically says there's no way they want to work on the full game, because it's far too much work. It's too bad, though, because they did a really really good job with the translation. (I'd even say, better than most pro game translations I've seen.)

Right now, there's one person who's still interesting in working on translating this game, but there are some serious hurdles to overcome, so as rayearth said, don't count on it. (If it happens, then great, but don't get your hopes up.)
Old 2004-02-01, 23:42   Link #9
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Sadly, I doubt fansubbing anime-related games is going to be the next big thing... And even if it was, it would be far more prudent to list only patches, not the entire game...
The usual problem with having whole games listed was because of piracy problems. As rayearth stated, the company released this demo before the game went on sale, so it's *almost* problem free (only problem now being that it's not available from the company's site anymore :/)
The game translation community (minus pokemon+dbz wannabe hax0r kidd13z) generally will only release patches to games because of the whole set of legal/moral issues.
Old 2004-02-01, 23:51   Link #10
Thelastguardian

I think both chinese and korean jgame tanslation groups are translating the game (seperately, not together).
Old 2004-02-03, 20:48   Link #11
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
The usual problem with having whole games listed was because of piracy problems. As rayearth stated, the company released this demo before the game went on sale, so it's *almost* problem free (only problem now being that it's not available from the company's site anymore :/)
Japanese game demos are only avaliable for a limited period of time (shortly before the game is released and shortly after), unlike western companies who let their demos stay online forever. Also, some studios only give out special versions (usually the ones you see being demo'ed at shops) of their demos at conventions, magazines or via mail order. You'd probably think it's crazy to dish out cash for a rolling demo, but some people still do it - I did for SNOW :P
Closed Thread