AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-07, 01:47   Link #801
brocko

Planetarian movie. Do it for great justice!

But realisticly speaking, Little Busters and Rewrite may be more worthwhile adaptions though since they're still relatively hot off the press and might be better at pushing game sales than Planetarian would be able to.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2011-12-07 at 05:26.
Old 2011-12-07, 02:02   Link #802
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, Planetarian would only get them sales from one BR/DVD while Little Busters or Rewrite would get them lots of BR/DVD sales from all the episodes needed to tell those stories. Planetarian is...well different and short.

Also not a lot of characters to cash in on.

(From the KEY point of view, how much do they sale that game for verses their Visual Novels?)
Or they could get movie ticket sales and then BD sales from a Planetarian movie and they could hype it up as KyoAni's first theatrical feature of a Key Visual Arts work. Since I am pretty sure Key wouldn't trust Toei to do another movie for them(although there are some that prefer the Toei Clannad movie to the KyoAni series). Although as you say, Little Busters or Rewrite seems more likely.

Unless Haruhi and K-On the College Years are both in KyoAni's plans for 2013, I am reasonably sure Key will be able to persuade KyoAni to animate Little Busters for 2013. Since it will have been five years since they last animated a Key work(Clannad:After Story was 2008-2009) and Little Busters should sell more than 10,000 at the very least.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:44   Link #803
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Or they could get movie ticket sales and then BD sales from a Planetarian movie and they could hype it up as KyoAni's first theatrical feature of a Key Visual Arts work. Since I am pretty sure Key wouldn't trust Toei to do another movie for them(although there are some that prefer the Toei Clannad movie to the KyoAni series). Although as you say, Little Busters or Rewrite seems more likely.

Unless Haruhi and K-On the College Years are both in KyoAni's plans for 2013, I am reasonably sure Key will be able to persuade KyoAni to animate Little Busters for 2013. Since it will have been five years since they last animated a Key work(Clannad:After Story was 2008-2009) and Little Busters should sell more than 10,000 at the very least.
Well, I have news: "Little Buster" won't be animated. Well, I don't know the validity of the news tho.

The fact is, all of us (I mean ALL of us) really want KyoAni to animate LB. But, "negotiations broke down with Kyoto Animation. Because Kyoto Animation esteems itself in the creation of very high quality works, they are sworn only to animate one project at a time."

d'awwwww
Old 2011-12-07, 07:53   Link #804
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Well, I have news: "Little Buster" won't be animated. Well, I don't know the validity of the news tho.

The fact is, all of us (I mean ALL of us) really want KyoAni to animate LB. But, "negotiations broke down with Kyoto Animation. Because Kyoto Animation esteems itself in the creation of very high quality works, they are sworn only to animate one project at a time."

d'awwwww
From the same article
Quote:
At present the project is on-hold and under active consideration. Its reality really hinges on the amount of fan support they can get. Fans are advised to write letters to Key urging them to reconsider about an LB anime. Please write! Even 10 letters will do a bit to sway their feelings. Vava in person has expressed that he is willing.
Its not cancelled, it just didn't happen when it should have since both Key and KyoAni have big egos.
Old 2011-12-07, 08:35   Link #805
brocko

I don't see how egos actually fit into this. Key only wants KyoAni to do it and KyoAni aren't going to overproduce themselves. If anyone of them 'lowers their egos' so to say, they run a risk that they don't want to take. (Key working with a new business partner that's someone other than KyoAni and/or KyoAni not being able to keep up with the workload). It seems like it was just bad timing imo.

But whatever, we already have a thread for this trail of thought anyway lol
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108559

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:50   Link #806
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
From the same article

Its not cancelled, it just didn't happen when it should have since both Key and KyoAni have big egos.
but the next line says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_blog
"Soon after, several producers got together during the after-party to do a very informal video. There was: 鳥羽洋典 (Aniplex), 轟P (FW previously Bandai)、Yamanaka (King Records)、Kawase (Warner Bros) as well as numerous other heads of animation studios such as Yamakan."
And bla bla bla...

Basically, you have two choices: 1) Animate LB with whatever studio you found (Toei, DEEN, anyone?) ; or 2) Looking at the next project to move on, and hope KyoAni is on loose schedule atm.

Well, up till now, the only studio which could decently adapting a VN (besides KyoAni) is only ufotable. And "AB" is not a VN adaptation.

Its not Ego, but do you really want to give your so-called "masterpiece" to an unknown-ability studios? Or would you so willingly lower the quality of your works in order to take more jobs? Both of it have a risk that it will turned out to be a crap. So, will you?

And unfortunately, KyoAni is just a slave an external contractor of whatever boss they serve (Pony Canyon and Kadokawa atm).
Old 2011-12-07, 11:07   Link #807
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Well, up till now, the only studio which could decently adapting a VN (besides KyoAni) is only ufotable. And "AB" is not a VN adaptation.
Have you watched Steins;Gate? I can't speak for how well it adapted the original VN, but it was an awesome anime. It proved that White Fox can make a good anime out of a VN. In fact, White Fox animated the OP for Key's Rewrite, which may signify a possible anime adaptation by them in the future.

A lesser but still good anime based off a VN that I've seen is Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, adapted by Bee Train.

Quote:
And unfortunately, KyoAni is just a slave an external contractor of whatever boss they serve (Pony Canyon and Kadokawa atm).
Agreed. I find it annoying how KyoAni is constantly blamed for Kadokawa's audacious decisions, to the extent that KyoAni is considered by some to be a "troll studio".
Old 2011-12-07, 17:43   Link #808
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Have you watched Steins;Gate? I can't speak for how well it adapted the original VN, but it was an awesome anime. It proved that White Fox can make a good anime out of a VN. In fact, White Fox animated the OP for Key's Rewrite, which may signify a possible anime adaptation by them in the future.

A lesser but still good anime based off a VN that I've seen is Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, adapted by Bee Train.
Agreed, if KyoAni is unavailable for doing the next KEY adaptation then White Fox and Bee Train would be excelent second choices in my book.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:04   Link #809
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Agreed, if KyoAni is unavailable for doing the next KEY adaptation then White Fox and Bee Train would be excelent second choices in my book.
While I have nothing against bee train they're probably one of the studios with the most haters (especialy due to their work on Tsubasa Chronicles and to a lesser extent .hack) you'd probably see massive amounts of rage if they got something like LB,and anyway it doesn't sound like the kind of project bee train would do.
Old 2011-12-07, 23:06   Link #810
all_flying

Quote:

I watched S;G. It was good, but lack the third phase of creating an art (some people call it "style", some others call it "shape"). So, S;G do have a good story but mediocre direction.

And no, no Bee Train please. As you see, we (fussy anime watchers) are sometime takes the visual and animation department really strictly. And obviously, Bee Train is not an expert in that sector

Quote:
Agreed. I find it annoying how KyoAni is constantly blamed for Kadokawa's audacious decisions, to the extent that KyoAni is considered by some to be a "troll studio".
KyoAni is a troll studio. They given something as superficial as a 4koma manga, and getting a Blockbuster with it. Do you know how painful is that to any other studios which struggle in getting high quality materials for their next-big-thing-project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Thats what I mean by "animate it with whatever studios you find"
Old 2011-12-24, 03:23   Link #811
rulfo

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-6122.html

Anyone up for some translation?
Old 2011-12-24, 03:27   Link #812
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20001...itles/61443336

Here you go. I look forward seeing what people think(or don't think).
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2011-12-24, 03:36   Link #813
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is this talking about the movie K-On? Because if so, then it makes more sense in terms of animaion and art. Though the second season was rather well animated as well, the first season was not quite as well done as the studio was stretched thin in 2009 with lots of projects, so things slipped from time to time (though not all that mch considering which studio made it and their own high standards when it comes to that sort of thing).
Old 2011-12-24, 16:04   Link #814
Goggen

Quote:
Is this talking about the movie K-On? Because if so, then it makes more sense in terms of animaion and art. Though the second season was rather well animated as well, the first season was not quite as well done as the studio was stretched thin in 2009 with lots of projects, so things slipped from time to time (though not all that mch considering which studio made it and their own high standards when it comes to that sort of thing).
I doubt "pinnacle of Japanese TV animation" refers to any movie.
Old 2011-12-24, 20:04   Link #815
brocko

The dude's an animator so he's talking about the technical qualities of the series that us average joes can't readily pick up on.

Old 2011-12-24, 20:22   Link #816
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
The dude's an animator so he's talking about the technical qualities of the series that us average joes can't readily pick up on.
Exactly. It's my firm belief that the vast majority of anime viewers sadly can't recognize quality animation when they see it, but I don't need to get into that right now.
Old 2011-12-25, 01:51   Link #817
rulfo

Quote:
Given the resource constraints with S1 it was done very well. Some scenes despite having fewer frames were still depicted with liveliness.

And also, IIRC most of the musical playing in K-ON involved only seldom to no rotoscoping unlike in Haruhi(God Knows) which was done with rotoscope. I got into a discussion regarding the matter ages ago so I can't give sources for it.

Here's an example of digital rotoscoping

KyoAni does something similar like these with 3D models. Now for those who watched K-ON S2, try to remember the first OP scene where the camera spun 360 degrees. The characters where based on 3D models later then were drawn over frame by frame.. So what happened was it served as a guide for the animators. I might not explain this very well but hopefully someone does. BTW this one came from raito-kun's twitter. IIRC this is one of Tatsuya Ishihara's favorites(using 3d models as guides).

Mind you that this ain't easy. It's not just putting frames there as it is. The animators need to find the right frame rate for the scene otherwise it'll stickout like a sore thumb. And I gotta say KyoAni is really good at blending this in.

Last edited by rulfo; 2011-12-25 at 02:08.
Old 2011-12-25, 10:55   Link #818
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

And no, no Bee Train please. As you see, we (fussy anime watchers) are sometime takes the visual and animation department really strictly. And obviously, Bee Train is not an expert in that sector
And with KyoAni we'll get the true ending unlike Bee Train who gave us a new ending to Phantom -Requiem for the Phantom.

My second choice would be ufotable if KyoAni couldn't do a Key title.
Old 2011-12-25, 21:11   Link #819
brocko

People like to rave about ufotable, but I feel like they're forgetting that both Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero were in fact straight up novels. I don't know if they'll be able to work with a Visual Novel just as well since it'd be pretty foreign territory for them. Key stuff doesn't exactly strike me as being right up ufotable's alley either. Anyway the topics suppose to be about KyoAni and not ufotable so I'll keep it at that before the balance of the thread is disturbed lol

Old 2011-12-26, 06:44   Link #820
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Since I'm not satisfied with CobaltBlitz's translation, I translated it.

-He have been watching KyoAni works like a normal anime fan.
-At first he only knew of KyoAni as the studio where Yoshiji Kigami worked. Kigami probably doesn't know of him, but He's been interested in Kigami since he was young. He wants to think Kigami of a rival, but he is no match to Kigami.
-He began to think their young animators were working hard since Haruhi.
-Haruhi's animation reminded him of young animators' work on Sasuga no Sarutobi in the 80's. If he was a young animator today he'd no doubt consider KyoAni a rival studio
-Since Lucky Star, their design and art has been very polished and the direction has been also great.
-Their recent projects definitely reach a stage of accomplishments (or arts would be better)
-It's difficult to reach the stage with animation
-the animation is very rich and full, and has excellent control
-K-ON is an ideal form of Japanese TV anime
-I'm praising them very much, but I can't help but praise them right? (laughs)
-Although he doesn't think he is adequate, he wants to draw if he gets an offer (from KyoAni). He thinks he can make it surprisingly, but that he would have to put so much effort in adapting himself to their style.
-It may be pathetic to buy moe anime, but K-ON isn't the case.
-K-ON doesn't feels geeky very much
-Their projects are amazing as they are, but it can be possible to bring vividness into a show without interrupting the flow of it. KyoAni can make it now.
-(Hence) KyoAni is the most advanced anime studio ever.
-if K-ON were made 20 years ago, it'd have been a landmark achievement
-if I had to compare it to another series with such a view? Perhaps "Heidi, Girl of the Alps", even though the subject matter is very different
-In the sense that a show is made of one aesthetic sense and the quality is consistent, K-ON can match "Heidi" or "From the Apennines to the Andes". What else comes to mind is "Ganba no Bōken". Since they reached the point, he wants them to expand their work. They can make it.
Closed Thread

Tags
studios