AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-28, 11:02   Link #41
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
While that COULD be true, that still wouldn't explain other guys like Pekoms (who, despite being a talking lion, was revealed to be a turtle zoan) and Eilwan/Ailwan (the walrus pirate captain from the war arc). So as I mentioned in a past thread, I think there's basically a race of non-zoan furries that exist in the OP world.....
Maybe that's who the minkmen are.
They are a race that was only mentioned back during the whole slavery debalce, but we don't know anything about them. Could be possible that they are a race of furries.
Old 2012-03-28, 11:03   Link #42
marvelB

^Coincidentally enough, I also pegged the minkmen as being the furry race. Hopefully, Oda will explain more about those guys soon enough....

Also, I'm kinda surprised that we haven't had the usual storm of accusations that Oda is a lazy lummox since the series is going on break next week.
Old 2012-03-28, 11:22   Link #43
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Just like Oda to take a break next week lol. But Law can take the heart of a Logia user must be a powerful Haki user. I miss Basil Hawkins though I wonder what is he up too ?
Old 2012-03-28, 11:26   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Law's victory was pretty cheap? Hiding behind that rock/iceblock and then attacking through it with a OHKO move?
where does this "Cheap" stuff comes form? Nobody heard of "All is Fair in love & WAR?" Next thing someone will tell me Eisenhower was cheap because he didn't tell Hitler the allies were going to invade Normandy.
Old 2012-03-28, 11:29   Link #45
Diveman

At this point in the story, is foolish to not assume every powerful enemy in the new world can use or "at least" knows about Haki.
Old 2012-03-28, 11:30   Link #46
ellifeedn
Thinker

Off-topic: Holy cow, marvelB, you changed your avatar!

On-topic: I wonder why Law had Smoker's heart in a box. To prevent it from turning into smoke maybe?
Old 2012-03-28, 11:36   Link #47
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Definitely the most shocking news this week!
Old 2012-03-28, 11:37   Link #48
marvelB

Quote:
I had the same avatar for like 6 years, so I was long overdue for a change. And most who know me here should already how much I love Jojo, so....
Old 2012-03-28, 12:00   Link #49
Darmill

Quote:
I had the same avatar for like 6 years, so I was long overdue for a change. And most who know me here should already how much I love Jojo, so....
But Marvel it's kind of sad that you don't shake ur head anymore
Old 2012-03-28, 13:17   Link #50
Rainbowman

Review time:

Mini-story: Minochiuaua? Extra help or replacement?

Main Story: Law extracting Smoker's heart? intense.

No story next week: Just when it was getting good... again.

Quote:
On-topic: I wonder why Law had Smoker's heart in a box. To prevent it from turning into smoke maybe?
I may have seen something like this before in "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest" when Davy Jones' heart was kept in a box.
Old 2012-03-28, 13:22   Link #51
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I also find it interesting that MARVEL'S HEAD ISN'T SHAKING ANYMORE YOI YOI...

I mean...that while the samurai and others were cut to bits yet stayed conscious, the simple fact that your heart is missing knocks you out. The samurai was chopped to bits but still stayed the same. Oda is giving a lot of importance to the heart.
Old 2012-03-28, 13:32   Link #52
yakumo-chan

I really would like for zorro to see Taishigi again...
maybe there will be an event in the future where Zoro changes into a girl and Taishigi changes into a man(Law's shambles or Ivankovs), and they fought to prove that being a master swordsman doesnt have to do with being a boy or a girl.....

As far as I can see from One Piece, there is no Zoro arc... only a flash back...
I wonder when will it be Zoro's arc...
Old 2012-03-28, 13:33   Link #53
cj1277

I may have seen something like this before in "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest" when Davy Jones' heart was kept in a box.[/QUOTE]

Its not a box its ice, people are saying Law used Haki and he might have or the reason why it can out is because Law used frozen sea water.

Other than that neone catch what Law said too "I'll let you anwser that, what are you marines scheming." Mayb there is a diease and those giant kids have it and mayb Mr. Goo is fooling everyone i.e telling Law that the marines are infecting them thus winning his support.

Just something to think about, not one of those ppl that say "i dnt think Law's a bad guy." I think he's sinister and just help suppose heros (SH) cause it beneifits him but he definatly has so far shown that his actions prove to be beneificial on some elses behave.
Old 2012-03-28, 13:41   Link #54
Valky
Radioactive

Law : "Weaklings can't pick their way of Death", awesome.

Meh, Smoker not much of an opponent to Law. Law's badass rating just went skyrocket.

Luffy vs Law next? .. I really hope not, at least not yet ..
Old 2012-03-28, 13:48   Link #55
marvelB

Yep, that's right, y'all..... After putting up with over half a decade of Kumadori's shaking head, I've decided that you'll spend the next half decade dealing with Josuke 2.0's derp face instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I really would like for zorro to see Taishigi again...
maybe there will be an event in the future where Zoro changes into a girl and Taishigi changes into a man(Law's shambles or Ivankovs), and they fought to prove that being a master swordsman doesnt have to do with being a boy or a girl.....

While I'm unsure why it's necessary for Zoro and Tashigi to pull a Freaky Friday with each other in order for them to understand one another, I've long suspected that Smoker's protege would actually be Zoro's final opponent in the series. That being said, Zoro's flashback had already proved that he would easily accept a woman being a master swordsman, so your whole scenario there would be kind of redundant, methinks.
Old 2012-03-28, 14:48   Link #56
Jouten

Quote:
Yep, that's right, y'all..... After putting up with over half a decade of Kumadori's shaking head, I've decided that you'll spend the next half decade dealing with Josuke 2.0's derp face instead.

While I'm unsure why it's necessary for Zoro and Tashigi to pull a Freaky Friday with each other in order for them to understand one another, I've long suspected that Smoker's protege would actually be Zoro's final opponent in the series. That being said, Zoro's flashback had already proved that he would easily accept a woman being a master swordsman, so your whole scenario there would be kind of redundant, methinks.
Oh I finally found someone who share's my opinion. I too am somehow thinking Tashigi is going to be Zoro's final opponent and not Mihawk, but everytime I say this, people laugh at me...
Old 2012-03-28, 14:55   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I also find it interesting that MARVEL'S HEAD ISN'T SHAKING ANYMORE YOI YOI...

I mean...that while the samurai and others were cut to bits yet stayed conscious, the simple fact that your heart is missing knocks you out. The samurai was chopped to bits but still stayed the same. Oda is giving a lot of importance to the heart.
Actually as cj1277 pointed out, it could be that the heart is incased in Ice.
Remember, from what we've seen from the samurai, he is still connected to all of his body parts even when seperated... If you stub his toe he will still feel it. The reason the Samurai's Head and Legs still function is beceasue his heart is still beating. But not Smoker's... BY freezing Smoker's heart, Law has stopped in from beating and without a beating heart, the rest of Smoker is rendered effectively dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
Oh I finally found someone who share's my opinion. I too am somehow thinking Tashigi is going to be Zoro's final opponent and not Mihawk, but everytime I say this, people laugh at me...
Heh, i once mulled over that theory as well... Zoro would defeat Mihawk only to feel incomplete thinking that "there is another" namely tashigi... Or Shanks...
Old 2012-03-28, 15:02   Link #58
marvelB

Actually, I've sort of been thinking for a while now that Zoro may never have a proper match against Mihawk. In fact, right after the hawk eyes accepted Zoro's request to train him, I pretty much figured right then and there that he may get killed off by Shiryuu (or another powerful swordsman) before Zoro got the chance to meet him again in the NW. And remember: Zoro's dream/ambition is to become the world's top swordsman, period. That doesn't specifically mean that Mihawk has to be his target in the end if he's not the strongest in the current era.....
Old 2012-03-28, 15:06   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Also, I'm kinda surprised that we haven't had the usual storm of accusations that Oda is a lazy lummox since the series is going on break next week.
I read HxH. This is nothing.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:46   Link #60
golgo13

Really wanna see smoker get out of this somehow. Seeing him get this owned again is unfortunate because I think he will be likely be to luffy what garp was to gol d roger (i know coby may also fit this role but i really think it will be smoker).

Switching the bullets and the snow is a neat trick. At first I did like the idea that box around smokers heart is the room miniaturized, but it raises some questions. Law did say "mes" so it could be a new move altogether. It also means Law is able to move the room around, along with its contents. Can he have multiple rooms? Overlapping ones?

Anyone know what the sound effects around smokers heart mean?

Smoker stopping Law's sword must mean he has haki.

Brownbeard: you bandits
Zoro: this guy has no sense of self reflection

Who are the people under Luffy's pic in the newspaper? One is definitely Dragon. The other two Ace and Garp??
Closed Thread