AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 14:48   Link #1561
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Longer teaser to the "Take Earth Back" trailer:

The full trailer will be released February 19th.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 15:28   Link #1562
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'm 15% downloaded... Ooooh Yeah....
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 15:52   Link #1563
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Is there anyway to download the demo without having to register with crappy EA?
Old 2012-02-14, 16:27   Link #1564
Who

Som thoughts on SP of the demo, since co-op isn't up yet (I have to fix firewall; ugh school internet):

-I agree with Sides and AtomicoX on the previous page with the animation. I'm sure they polished it up by now.
-I don't remember seeing the scene with the medics in the first mission. It's always nice to see a company tack on a little more
-Combat feels really, really fluid compared to 1 and 2. I have to adjust some of the keys for the game though, because it feels awkward after not playing ME for quite some time.
-Sound is wonky for me. Voices are almost nonexistent for me; I guess I have to tweak the options around a bit.

Last edited by Who; 2012-02-14 at 16:47.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 16:40   Link #1565
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
-Combat feels really, really fluid compared to 1 and 2. I have to adjust some of the keys for the regular though, because it feels awkward after not playing ME for quite some time.
I actually have to agree with this. I think what made it more fluid was the addition of the roll. Since you can't jump or crouch, you were always limited to "Stand up like lamppost or take cover." Now you can do... Well, other things. The weapons also seem to have "power" to them now.

However, I don't really like the fact all 3 actions (Sprint, Cover, Roll) uses one button. It creates situations whereas you need to roll, but instead take cover, and once you try again you roll, only to take cover again, resulting in... A very annoying death.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 17:12   Link #1566
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Is there anyway to download the demo without having to register with crappy EA?
LOL I was wondering about that and when I went to register it told me I already had an account with EA. Just forgot about it.

You need ORIGIN to play Mass Effect 3 so you can't go around that.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 17:54   Link #1567
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I hate that they stuck with the "all powers share the same cooldown slot" gimick from ME2. That was one of my biggest disappointments with ME2. Cooldowns also seem... longer. Especially during the second mission, cooldowns were quite lengthy. Playing an infiltrator felt awkward.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 18:18   Link #1568
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

2 hours until I finish downloading.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 18:53   Link #1569
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I hate that they stuck with the "all powers share the same cooldown slot" gimick from ME2. That was one of my biggest disappointments with ME2. Cooldowns also seem... longer. Especially during the second mission, cooldowns were quite lengthy. Playing an infiltrator felt awkward.
You're going to have to wait for a mod to fix it unfortunately. Adept is like 10x more fun with that mod in ME2.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 20:34   Link #1570
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Oye this game will take some time getting used to.

Quote:
I thought ME2 was okay with the cooldowns.

I found out WHY the cooldowns were lengthy.

Apparently now we get to choose how many weapons we want so it's kinda like Skyrim where if you carry too much stuff you can't run or do fast travel and such.

So since we're carrying 4 weapons and since your playing an inflitrator (And I was a sentinel) it took forever for the cooldowns to go through. If we just had one or two weapons then the cooldown I think would be fine or at least reasonable.

IMO I can see why. Throughout ME2 I only used a sniper rifle and a shotgun. Never used anything other than that.

So I'm guessing they're balancing it that way.

A heavy biotic user obviously would only carry one gun. A more soldier-like person who doesn't rely on biotics would focus more on guns. The more guns you have the larger the penalty it is to use biotics.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 21:27   Link #1571
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Just finished the SP demo few minutes ago. Grand stuff, though the controls and movement felt...a bit slow. I'm guessing it's an older build of the game? Still, I loved it. March 6th, get your ass here NOW. DX
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 23:38   Link #1572
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Cooldowns are lengthy on that second mission because you're essentially forced to carry four weapons, and you don't have a bench to customize your loadout. ME3 works with a Weight System, where the more and/or heavier the weapons you carry, the longer your power cooldown time. This system is actually demonstrated well in the Multiplayer, where wielding just a pistol or SMG will give you very nice power cooldown bonuses, allowing you to spam powers with ease.

Also, power combos are quite awesome, especially with Vanguard using the Charge + Nova combo. Nova is a very interesting ability, since it doesn't rely on your global cooldown, but your biotic barrier level (it's essentially a shield purge spell), which means you can use it as soon as you finish your charge. Quite sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Just finished the SP demo few minutes ago. Grand stuff, though the controls and movement felt...a bit slow. I'm guessing it's an older build of the game? Still, I loved it. March 6th, get your ass here NOW. DX
Yes, the devs confirmed that the demo is based off an older build, including bugs that were rectified in the gold build.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-02-14, 23:47   Link #1573
Chase

I love the demo, not that woudn't cuz its Mass Effect, my fav series this gen(from a singleplayer perspective). That said i am impressed with the implementation of kinect with this. I will be using it for ME3.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 23:55   Link #1574
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well that was one hell of a demo. The first part was most likely to highlight the story and situation while the second half was to showcase the gameplay.

- Best looking U3 engine game to date. Seeing the Reapers and all events in the background without taking a hit to the fps makes it feel like you're playing one giant set piece. The animations of course look kind of weird.
- Controls are more streamlined now. Moving in and out of cover is easier as are the shooting controls. Control is a bit loose though and melee, while awesome, takes a bit long and exposes you to a lot of fire. Very situational when to use your knife.
- The leveling and skills system is a much more streamlined balance between the plethora of excess skills in ME1 and the compressed one in ME2. There is a lot more space in customization of skills because almost every level of the skills have a variation and you can mix and match depending on your preferences.
- Still shared cooldowns which suck for some, and it's pretty long in this demo. As a poster above mentioned assuming that cooldowns are associated with loadup, then it still gives some variety if for some reason you wanted to play your adept like a soldier.
- They need to put roll in a different key. Running and cover on the spacebar is fine because that's what you'll be doing in combination majority of the time, but it's hard to alternate between regular movement, running and combat roll when you only have one key for it.

Overall a very satisfying demo and honestly, March 6 can't come any faster. Judging by the intensity of the presentation alone this is going to be one hell of a galactic war. I found the demo's first segment to be more satisfying than the latter because, especially the last part, it really puts into perspective just how deep in shit the galaxy is in.
Old 2012-02-15, 00:02   Link #1575
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

The demo was ok, the second part was bit annoying since they force you to carry 4 weapons. I actually can't wait to play the real game with reduced weight. The cover system does take a while to get use but I like the fact that Shepard is more mobile now.
Old 2012-02-15, 00:09   Link #1576
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

BTW when/how does the demo multiplayer start? I can't seem to access mine.
Old 2012-02-15, 00:23   Link #1577
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
on 17, but I heard you can get early access on 360 and pc via a Facebook app.
Old 2012-02-15, 02:50   Link #1578
Alchemist007
*Author

I suggest listing complaints and concerns on the bioware forum, they're listening supposedly.
My biggest gripe was the running animation/style, looks like riding an invisible bicycle. The rest (crappy graphics/other animations/bugs) was expected from a demo.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:00   Link #1579
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
The demo was ok, the second part was bit annoying since they force you to carry 4 weapons. I actually can't wait to play the real game with reduced weight.
If the multiplayer is any indication (since it uses the same weapon customization system as the SP), you are only required to carry a minimum of one weapon. Which means that you can run around with just a Heavy Pistol and have 2-3 second power cooldown times as a result. I actually tried it out as an Adept in MP, and being able to spam Warp with abandon is truly awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The MP demo starts for everyone on the 17th. You only get early access to the MP demo if you've bought Battlefield 3 and have it linked to your Origin (PC) and/or Xbox Live (360) account.

Old 2012-02-15, 05:04   Link #1580
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Personally I think it's a good idea to counterbalance skills with weapons, since this game lets Shepard be a combat god with all weapon types, and forces you to make your loadup choices count as opposed to going in with all weapons and all skills at the ready. That would be really OP.

I actually assume that the choice between weapons and powers will be very situational.

Tags
effect, games, mass