AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-30, 15:27   Link #241
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wow, everyone's an asshole. Even if all you care about is Shirogane, for some reason, haven't they seen in her memories that Masaru is also important to her? That she worried about him and would appreciate knowing he's alive. And that he's brought her puppet. That also matters, even if not as much.

(But speaking of her memories, couldn't they see how important Narumi was to Masaru? Can't they give him a few minutes to say hello?)

Then again, maybe not seeing the asshole Narumi became was a kindness.
Seriously, what the hell the mangaka was thinking at times? even in old style shonen Masaru would be the one to snap the EMO from narumi, seriously, i think the mangaka trying to play drama just induced apathy. Example the Harlequino and Pantalone moment was so well done made the rest of chapter look even worse.

Seriously this series suffer of being too long for herself.

that is the reason was never adapted before, was always a mess
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 18:17   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, delaying Masaru and Narumi's reunion with that kind of reasoning was idiotic. And it turns out Narumi got his memory back, but we don't know when.
Old 2019-05-31, 14:07   Link #243
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It is kind of remarkable how long they have been dragging out the moment of Masaru reuniting with Narumi. Just imagine all the nonexistent conversations that he'd be getting in the way of if he simply walked in. You might as well have Masaru meet with Narumi. He'd either knock some sense into him or it'd create some drama in seeing his hero fall so far from where he started. These two are the main characters and have gotten the majority of the story focus.

I swear the story is trying to make the audience care intensely about this 'romance' when it has really sabotaged that itself. It has made Narumi way too unlikable while criminally under-utilizing Shirogane for the vast majority of the show. It is getting the focus above all else. You have people risking their lives fighting automata just so these two can get more alone time. Like Shirogane said, they are days away from reaching the launch site. There is no good reason for Narumi/Shirogane to not be fighting some of these automata. I do think Narumi took way too much of the focus of the story, but he's right there. You might as well keep using him now.

Guess we'll see how many of the circus members survive this fight.
Old 2019-06-06, 16:05   Link #244
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep33:
Old 2019-06-06, 16:15   Link #245
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep33:
That is one of my problems with the manga(and even worse in the adaption) compared to Ushio and Tora lots of things happen that are completely pointless to the story. So many of them that it actually overwhelms the plot and grinds it to a halt at times.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 18:09   Link #246
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We didn't really spend any time on the Nakamichi family, so I couldn't really care about their sacrifice. I'm not really sure they're dead anyway. Feels like they could have just cut that entirely.

Pantalone was the star of the episode. I noticed he called Eleonore by her name rather than "Francine" last week, and it was confirmed he started seeing her as her own person and eventually came to terms with Doll Francine's death. He went out in a cool way. He couldn't even scratch his enemy but he sure pissed him off.
Old 2019-06-06, 20:35   Link #247
akumaten

Pantalone: Why So Serious, Harlequin?

If Jin/Faceless couldn't get Eleonore, how could you have a chance Harlequine? Truly the greatest joke
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 23:57   Link #248
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I do have to point out I love Pantalone's voice. While there are plenty of forced deaths that... fell forced in this anime, his was one that at least made it fun to watch, with him hitting that bulls-eye with a Gatling gun of laughter.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-13, 11:10   Link #249
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep34:

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2019-06-13 at 11:54.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-13, 15:14   Link #250
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Now what? Has Masaru decided that he's going into space instead of Narumi?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-13, 18:18   Link #251
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Now what? Has Masaru decided that he's going into space instead of Narumi?
Probably. Even though Narumi has far better chances against Faceless.
Old 2019-06-20, 11:00   Link #252
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This episode was interesting. Rarely have I had to spend so much of one trying to read subtitles during a facepalm. Just wow...the start of this episode was so incredibly dumb. Masaru is going to risk all life on Earth so he can try to make sure that Narumi and Eleonore hook up. I'm sure you've got this Masaru. You totally aren't throwing all lives away for a stupid reason. I mean let's look at his brilliant plan to save the world. Just ask really nicely!

Beast tamer girl can just shut it. This is the idiot who's idea of "I've got this" is to run away for her life because she totally didn't have it! Maybe she figures there's an automata up where Faceless is that will inexplicably change sides to save Masaru. No one in that room should gamble billions of lives on her personal gut call. Also apparently Masaru is moving on from a crush on Shirogane, to a weird relationship with an automata, to...now Lise. Sure, why not. They are both idiots so they'll mesh up well despite the massive age gap and out of nowhere ship.

I suppose Narumi had the free time anyways. But it really is sad that out of the three main characters, Eleonore is the one that can't win her own fight. Masaru with a busted flying puppet won his fight. But Eleonore needs rescue because she never has any good tactics and her puppet is basically useless.
Old 2019-06-20, 12:07   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, they did point out that Masaru has/had Faceless' memories and he proved he was about as strong as Narumi, so I don't think it was such a bad idea to send him. The way he started off is dumb but we'll see how he does next week. It might be part of a strategy. Masaru surprised us more than once.

I think it sucks that Eleonore couldn't win her own fight too, and had to be rescued by her knight in shining armor. Then again, past the first arc she never really fought. She really was shafted. At least she'll be happy now.

If Masaru really doesn't come back from space, then man, his reunion with Narumi, which we've been waiting for for ages and had been teased multiple times is the biggest blueball. I liked the parallel with Jin and Yin though. Masaru was in the same position as Jin a long time ago, and he decided to give Eleonore and Narumi his blessing instead of becoming consumed by jealousy.

Ashihana dying felt pretty random. I guess I should have seen this coming, since he had a thing going with Vilma and she already died.
Old 2019-06-20, 15:05   Link #254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This episode was interesting. Rarely have I had to spend so much of one trying to read subtitles during a facepalm. Just wow...the start of this episode was so incredibly dumb. Masaru is going to risk all life on Earth so he can try to make sure that Narumi and Eleonore hook up. I'm sure you've got this Masaru. You totally aren't throwing all lives away for a stupid reason.
I get what you're trying to say, but I wouldn't want to trust it to Narumi either. Of all the things that went on in this ep, it's maybe the one that bothered me the least. Especially considering the fights where Masaru has come out on top.

Quote:
I mean let's look at his brilliant plan to save the world. Just ask really nicely!
Hopefully he has a plan B for when that doesn't work. And what would have Narumi's plan been anyway? Punch Faceless, and then what?

Quote:
Beast tamer girl can just shut it. This is the idiot who's idea of "I've got this" is to run away for her life because she totally didn't have it!
It wasn't a terrible idea. It allowed Masaru to get there in time to save Eleonore.

Quote:
Maybe she figures there's an automata up where Faceless is that will inexplicably change sides to save Masaru.
Maybe there will! Plenty of Francine automatas up there, and they wouldn't be the first female automata to fall for Masaru's boyish good looks.

Quote:
No one in that room should gamble billions of lives on her personal gut call. Also apparently Masaru is moving on from a crush on Shirogane, to a weird relationship with an automata, to...now Lise. Sure, why not. They are both idiots so they'll mesh up well despite the massive age gap and out of nowhere ship.
Of the three girls you cited, she's by far the closest in age to him.

Quote:
I suppose Narumi had the free time anyways. But it really is sad that out of the three main characters, Eleonore is the one that can't win her own fight.
Yes, and with all the effort that was spent getting her damn puppet to her, too.

Things that did bother me:
- Ashihara's death. Why did he, the "pro", warn his target instead of just shooting? He knows how dangerous automatas are.
- the Francines inside Eleonore. Especially Doll Francine - she may have been, briefly, like a second mother to Eleonore, but she never fell in love.
- the love story between Narumi and Eleonore. It was mostly fine until he recovered his memory and continued acting like a giant asshole to her out of, what, survivor's guilt? It just really soured me on it then.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-20, 15:07   Link #255
AntonKutovoi

You know, as much as I love Toshio Furukawa as a voice actor, I think GeGeGe no Kitaro has ruined a particular voice he uses for some of his characters for me. When young Faceless appeared in this episode, all I could think is "You’re just a Nezumi-Otoko. Stop acting so high and mighty"
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-20, 20:36   Link #256
akumaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
You know, as much as I love Toshio Furukawa as a voice actor, I think GeGeGe no Kitaro has ruined a particular voice he uses for some of his characters for me. When young Faceless appeared in this episode, all I could think is "You’re just a Nezumi-Otoko. Stop acting so high and mighty"
So befitting for Jin/Faceless. He is a high and mighty asshole.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-20, 23:18   Link #257
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
So befitting for Jin/Faceless. He is a high and mighty asshole.
I mean, I know it's fitting. But I'm so used to this particular voice coming out from Nezumi-Otoko's mouth in the past year, that I'm semi-expecting Faceless to try some quick cash scheme
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-27, 16:46   Link #258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

WTF was that ending?

Masaru really had no plans at all. It only worked out because Faceless suddenly had a change of heart, which wasn't believable in the least. And if not for that dog that coming out of nowhere (we've seen it like once in the entire series) to save him, Masaru would have died. Why would Faceless' dog even save Masaru?

Oh well. I had some fun with the series, but overall it was extremely average. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. They shouldn't bother with adaptations if they're going to cut 3/4th of the story.
Old 2019-06-27, 20:03   Link #259
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

His plan really was to just beg Faceless to tell him the answer . It wasn't even a tactical approach to make him lower his guard. It was just begging and then fighting when Faceless was ready to go. It was even more hilarious that the person who gets an upgraded Arlequin in this show isn't the main character who has been using a half-broken puppet the whole time...but the villain !

So many random things were needed for this to work out. That psycho automata showing up and blowing up the facility/stabbing Faceless changed the dynamics of things. The Shirogane dog that Faceless was using saved Masaru for some reason. And Faceless suddenly developed this brotherly relationship with Masaru.

It wasn't all bad I suppose. Did get some laughs that Masaru really did share Faceless' approach to romance to a small degree. He also believed in 'first come, first serve.' Although certainly he did respect the concept of Shirogane having her own interests. And hey...the world was saved which was nice.

Honestly, I think the show kind of started to tumble as soon as Narumi lost his arm (which was hilariously preserved for no reason) and separated from the group. The pacing, story focus, treatment of main characters (particularly Shirogane), all just went into a messed up state. I'm sure if it was a better adaptation that didn't cut so much it would have been better. But I think the core story has so many flaws that it wasn't ever going to be a great show.

I'd second on not recommending this one to anyone.
Old 2019-06-27, 21:25   Link #260
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2019-06-27 at 22:07.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen