AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-30, 15:35   Link #241
Nivek von Beldo

That plottwist at the end...for a moment i thought she was the previous winner, but nope, she is something more insane
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 18:10   Link #242
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 9:

this is some horrifying plot twist. Mangetsu is just a doll?

also starting to like Kuon. She's really trying hard for onee-chan.

I hope Ernesta can save Mangetsu...
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 18:38   Link #243
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given how hard Shingetsu was trying to hide it, I figured Mangetsu was just a construct of Magiaconatus, but showing her strings and her hands turning into a doll was very impactful. So she's basically Magiconatus' Armanox? I wonder how Nenene managed to reach this conclusion based on the information she had.

Suishou is still a mystery. A previous doll that rebelled against Magiaconatus?
Old 2019-08-30, 18:57   Link #244
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A previous doll that rebelled against Magiaconatus?
That would be my guess. I don't see how she would know what exactly Magetsu is otherwise.

I think these dolls are not supposed to win the Granbelm, but test and support the chosen ones destined to win. In the previous Granbelm the chosen one was probably Kuon's sister. This time it's most likely Shingetsu. Suishou probably rebelled from her purpose and betrayed Kuon's sister.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-08-31 at 01:00.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-31, 00:21   Link #245
akumaten

Suisho is quite the snake in the grass.
Kuon was saying that Suisho is a tsuchinoko, the fat flat snake in Japanese mythology.
Hell, Suisho's spirit is called Medusa.
Like any good snake, she needs her head cut off.
Here's hoping Kuon does it.

I wonder about those men in black
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-31, 06:00   Link #246
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Given how hard Shingetsu was trying to hide it, I figured Mangetsu was just a construct of Magiaconatus, but showing her strings and her hands turning into a doll was very impactful. So she's basically Magiconatus' Armanox? I wonder how Nenene managed to reach this conclusion based on the information she had.

Suishou is still a mystery. A previous doll that rebelled against Magiaconatus?
the episode before this. We were shown Nene saw Kibou as she neared Mangetsu house. We were not shown what happened after Nene saw Kibou. There might be some vital information that happened there.
Old 2019-08-31, 20:23   Link #247
Kitsu Breaker

Oh, if they confirmed the twist probably will be the best of the year and it will explain a lot Mangetsu specially her feeling of emptiness.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-31, 22:44   Link #248
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh no what a tweest.

Intense things this episode. Shingestsu doesn't seem be taking this very well.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-01, 10:05   Link #249
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Given how hard Shingetsu was trying to hide it, I figured Mangetsu was just a construct of Magiaconatus, but showing her strings and her hands turning into a doll was very impactful. So she's basically Magiconatus' Armanox?
Or her little sister's. Who also has a lot of magic.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-01, 10:41   Link #250
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

LOL. Just Imagine Kibou being a mastermind
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-01, 10:59   Link #251
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
this is also a good theory.
Old 2019-09-01, 11:17   Link #252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I thought the source of the other powerful magic was Kibou as well last week but Nenene stated this ep it was the house.
Old 2019-09-01, 11:44   Link #253
Kazu-kun

My take is the house irradiates powerful magic because there's a big ass spell cast on the house. The spell re-wrote Kibo and her parents memories to get Mangetsu into the family.

Also, the spell probably covers the whole city, which is the reason Nene found a lot of magic signatures all around the city. Last week I thought that meant magic had been unsealed, but I was wrong. It's not just magic, it's a spell. A huge, super powerful spell that re-wrote reality and history in order to give puppet Mangetsu a life.
Old 2019-09-05, 04:44   Link #254
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
God, come to think about it, it's pretty sad that Shingetsu has to come across all the bad news, because as shown before, she's absolutely terrible at delivering it. Poor girl would haven't have to go through much of this had she been better at communicating things. But despite her really bad decision making, I can sympathize to a degree. Still frustrating.

Let's hope she doesn't fuck it up (more)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-05, 14:58   Link #255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You'd think Shingetsu would have learned her lesson, actually. She tried to protect Anna from the truth and look what happened. She repeated the same thing here.
Old 2019-09-05, 15:30   Link #256
Kazu-kun

She's always shied away from making tough choices. I'm guessing this is all building up to having to make the toughest choice at the end though. Does she erase magic and Mangetsu with it or give up on it to keep Mangetsu alive?

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-09-05 at 18:19.
Old 2019-09-05, 18:07   Link #257
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She's always shied away from making tough choices. I guessing this is all building up to having to make the toughest choice at the end though. Does she erase magic and Mangetsu with it or give up on it to keep Mangetsu alive?
Yeah, this is most likely what this will boil down to in the end. I'm still wondering about "the two Princeps" subtitle though.
Old 2019-09-06, 02:03   Link #258
Applehell

There is no good way to handle Mangetsu's situation.

Especially if some one cares about her emotional well being so I think we are being a bit too hard on Shingetsu. Doll or not Mangetsu is someone with a human psyche who currently struggling with self-worth. Just the other day she on verge of breaking down into despair until Shingetsu healed her emotionally, you can't except her or anyone who cares about Mangetsu to suddenly go back be like "nah man everything about you is actually fake afterall" spending so much time doing the opposite after getting that bomb dropped on her moments ago. I'm not even sure how Shingetsu dealing with it herself as should be huge shock to her. It doesn't help there is no time or place at moment to even break truth in a way that won't completely wreck her. Anna's situation in comparison child play's which fault lies much more with her mother than Shingetsu herself. Anna at the end could at least change her life and go a different path, but how you do recover in Mangetsu's case? It doesn't help that what Shingetsu is attempting to do would lead to Mangetsu's death effectively. The whole thing is just a rock and hard place type of scenario topped with horrendous timing.

At least now I can see a scenario where Shingetsu and Mangetsu would end up fighting each seriously depending on off the deep end this drives the former.

EDT: I supposed best case to resolve this without turning into a complete tragedy would be for Shingetsu to find some way to convey to Mangetsu that her origins don't matter and being what she doesn't make their relationship fake or her own desires less real. Afterall even when she learned the truth she still treated Mangetsu as real person and sought to protect her. if Mangaetsu she still has Shingetsu, Nene and co she can't say she has nothing. But that can only after she deals with her looming existential crisis which isn't gonna be pretty. Of course this also have square with fact that Shingetsu still wants to erase magic and what might happen to her if it succeds.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-09-06 at 03:20.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 14:41   Link #259
Kazu-kun

So, Mangesu is a doll Magiaconatus created for Shingetsu, because she wanted a friend. Shingetsu is the most loved by Magiaconatus.

And Suishou isn't human either, and is aiming to win the Granbelm to prove Shingetsu and humans in general are not worthy of being the princeps.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-09-06 at 16:21.
Old 2019-09-06, 16:26   Link #260
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So, Mangesu is a doll Magiaconatus created for Shingetsu, because she wanted a friend. Shingetsu is the most loved by Magiaconatus.

And Suishou isn't human either, and is aiming to win the Granbelm to prove Shingetsu and humans in general are not worthy of being the princeps.
I call Suishou win BS, still that was a nice plot twist about Mangetsu and Magiconatus...the holygrial tag is very fitting...this is not to be win by anyone...,
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female lead, holygrail, magical girl, mecha