2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-11, 00:49   Link #261
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Homura is tech the official main heroine of this series now isn't she?

Also to fix everything Madoka need only make one wish:

"I Wish QB had never existed"

Thus solving everything with a self destructing paradox.
I'm 99.99% certain QB does not need to grant a wish if he doesn't want to. I'd say 100%, but if there's anything I've learned in life, it's never underestimate how a seemingly great anime plot can be made completely pointless by one logicfail on the director/scriptwriter's part.

Of course, there's the very likely possibility that QB isn't actually performing the wish, but the girls themselves are. In which case, it's really just a question of how does Madoka manage to harness her power herself? This would completely eliminate the need for QB to be retarded and grant a wish that would seal his doom: by removing him from the equation completely. Which doesn't really negate what I said in my first paragraph. He's not going to grant that wish. For that wish to occur, Madoka would have to grant it herself.

Still, I hate every theory that has Madoka becoming a magical girl, either on her own or through QB, because the means doesn't fix the underlying problem. The inevitable slide to witchhood. And no, her suiciding to prevent turning herself into a witch after she becomes a magical girl makes no sense of closure either, since the whole point of this ordeal that Homura has gone through is to prevent Madoka's death. Whether it's as a witch, or not as a witch.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:53   Link #262
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm 99.99% certain QB does not need to grant a wish if he doesn't want to. I'd say 100%, but if there's anything I've learned in life, it's never underestimate how a seemingly great anime plot can be made completely pointless by one logicfail on the director/scriptwriter's part.
No need, the wish comes true.

A furry bear comes along and says, "hi, i'm Jyubei. Care to make a contract with me?"
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:55   Link #263
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
There is no way to resolve this under the current system. Homura needs a Third Option.
Homura could just repeat the timeline were she mercy killed Madoka and bring extra Grief Seeds. Sure, they're both still stuck in the system, MGs forever, but at least they can buy themselves so time.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:55   Link #264
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
Even so, the chance of Madoka wish have to be granted. As Kyubey said wish can be granted once you realize your desire wish. Even if Kyubey is clever little rat. There no way you can't just totally says I'm sorry I can't granted your wish. That will be unacceptable for Kyubey. Kyubey needs her enormous amount of energy. Beside that it wouldn't make any sense in the first place if Kyubey won't granted her wish. Truly what I think is that Madoka wish might changed everything, even though there is a slight chance to achieve a happy ending. It's either Madoka wish or it's going to be same ending as 4 time line that Homura have experience with.
Of course he can. He's not going to help Madoka avoid becoming a Witch. He's not going to grant a wish which would cause him to lose all the energy in Madoka. Remember, he doesn't get all the energy from the Mahou Shoujo immediately. They become Mahou Shoujo, despair, become Witches, get killed by other Mahou Shoujo, and he eats their Soul Gems (now Grief Seeds). Bam. He eats their souls, gains their energy.
So if Madoka's wish allows her to escape the system of Mahou Shoujo, he's not going to grant her that wish.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:58   Link #265
Fandal

So, is nobody going to talk about the witches in this episode? I'm trying to figure out what the one with the clothesline regretted.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:58   Link #266
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
No need, the wish comes true.

A furry bear comes along and says, "hi, i'm Jyubei. Care to make a contract with me?"
Ok. I loled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
So, is nobody going to talk about the witches in this episode? I'm trying to figure out what the one with the clothesline regretted.
Considering it died from having a bomb thrown up its skirt (lol), I may not know what it regretted in its real life, but I have quite a few ideas of what it was regretting right before it felt that terrible burn down there.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:59   Link #267
CainSonozaki

Finally able to see a subbed version. luckily based on my VERY limited knowledge of japanese words combined with what i was seeing to sorta get what was going on when i saw the raw. glad two of my theories came out true. now i have some more
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:01   Link #268
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

just realised this
homura fight with guns and bombs so she dont have to use her magic and corrupting her soul gem

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:03   Link #269
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Hmm, maybe she wished to be able to go to school? School clothes on the line. Then got bullied at school and found it sucked. She kills bullies but despair sets in. Bam, witch
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:03   Link #270
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

make a wish like this "I wish that there are only adults in the world", then QB cannot make Mahou shoujo out of mature women, or can he?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:04   Link #271
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Must've been completely obsessed in keeping her school uniform clean, hence the miles and miles of clotheslines with endless sailor suits hung up.

The one with only legs in the birdcage may have been a stripper at one time.

And the Witch in the form of the Arch de Triumphe, seems to be liking impressionist paintings in her former life.
Old 2011-03-11, 01:10   Link #272
MartianMage

Just finished watching. It's a painful episode. Painful in the sense that I really felt bad for Homura especially on timeline 3.

One interesting thing to note so far is that on each repetition there were a lot of big changes. With the clues so far it would seem that on timeline 3 Sayaka was already a puella magi even before Homura met up with them. I'm not sure how things exactly played out on timeline 4 but it seems that the only Puella Magi at that time is Homura(didn't show the others being a puella magi so I'm assuming she was able to stop kyubey from contracting them).

I think how this story ends depends on what kind of wish Madoka will ask and what power she will get from it. With how things are right now Homura won't be able to stop Walpurgis and Madoka will inevitably contract with Kyubey.

Gonna re-watch this again later and try to catch more details but I'm already willing to give this a 9/10. Excellent episode indeed.

edit: oh and Homura stealing weapons from Yakuza was pretty funny.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:12   Link #273
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
I've got a theory that gives another option to this. In the OP, you see Madoka embrace herself during a transformation. The theory is that Homura takes the soul gem of an alternate MG Madoka and gives it to the most current Madoka. You attain the soul gem to receive MG ass woopage while retaining the original soul in the body. This method would require at least one reset and another dark dirty parting of ways paved with tears.
I kind of like this. It'd make sense of the OP, and I doubt Uro would have something as important as that in without having some kind of meaning to it. I'm guessing Madoka will have Homura destroy her soul gem after Madoka+1 uses it, killing the current Madoka, but allowing Madoka+1 to defeat Walpulgis Night without having to turn into a magical girl.

However, that still leaves the Magical Girl system completely intact, not to mention Homura will still eventually become a witch.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:13   Link #274
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
just realised this
homura fight with guns and bombs so she dont have to use her magic and corrupting her soul gem
That would be ingenious, except she uses her magic every time she uses her guns and bombs.
First, to stop time.
Second, to access the hammerspace her weapons are stored in.

All the witches seem to access hammerspace though, so I guess she ends up using an equal amount with her time-stop.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:13   Link #275
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
just realised this
She uses weapons because her only power is stopping time.
Old 2011-03-11, 01:29   Link #276
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Well, what actually changed in timeline 5? I can see a few major things:

- Homura knows she can't beat Walpurgis by herself

- Madoka knows the entire truth about QB

- QB is aware of Homura's time manipulation magic

I don't think there are any other major changes...what is hard to guess is how these will affect things.
Old 2011-03-11, 01:34   Link #277
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Well, what actually changed in timeline 5? I can see a few major things:

- Homura knows she can't beat Walpurgis by herself

- Madoka knows the entire truth about QB

- QB is aware of Homura's time manipulation magic

I don't think there are any other major changes...what is hard to guess is how these will affect things.
Mami died a lot earlier in timeline 5(startled Homura too) which only goes to show that there are big changes in each repetition.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2011-03-11, 01:36   Link #278
taofd

Also we don't know if there are only 5 timelines, there could be more that are just not shown. Homura has shown a major character change for only a few months / years of repetition.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:36   Link #279
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Yeah, but Mami, Sayaka and Kyoko are all out anyways. What I mean is changes to the current state of things.
Old 2011-03-11, 01:42   Link #280
MartianMage

Well I'll go with my previous post then, the only remaining thing that can and needs to end up differently in the current timeline is what Madoka's wish will be and what kind of power she will receive from it.

Tags
madoka magica, time travel