AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-03-20, 05:18   Link #701
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
btw any news on airing date?
Don't mean to intrude on the novel talk (or maybe I do mwuhahaha take that novel spoilerer's), but that's a good question I don't mind repeating. Granted I asked this before the earthquake, and I understand the situation in Japan right now, but I've not seen the preview (go figure), so it's been on my mind for quite some time, which I had assumed the preview did have the date mentioned.

Aria's mine, that okay with everyone? Hmm? She might beat me to a pulp? Who cares!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 05:28   Link #702
TJR

In terms of numbers, it's not that popular.

Granted, Hidan no Aria is one of the better selling series that hasn't been animated yet, but that's because the industry blazed through the hot properties already. Everything now sells at a similarly unimpressive level, with the "popular" ones doing slightly better, so it isn't like the industry is going to bank on pre-existing success. Instead, they'll just throw mud at the wall and see what sticks.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 16:18   Link #703
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I hear that this is one of the more popular LNs out there....if so, this could turn out like Index....
The different plot between this and Index is obvious. I think that Hidan no Aria can't go for more than 16-17 volumes, or else it could start to be boring. But if there is suddenly a greater plot, caused by I-don't-know-which character, the story might run for more times.

In my opinion, HnA is very constant in terms of interest, and the introduction to a new character at each volume keeps the interest going. But it would be a little bit weird if Kinji ends up with 16 girls...
Old 2011-03-22, 17:17   Link #704
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
The different plot between this and Index is obvious. I think that Hidan no Aria can't go for more than 16-17 volumes, or else it could start to be boring. But if there is suddenly a greater plot, caused by I-don't-know-which character, the story might run for more times.

In my opinion, HnA is very constant in terms of interest, and the introduction to a new character at each volume keeps the interest going. But it would be a little bit weird if Kinji ends up with 16 girls...
That would be the case for Index as well. They pretty much introduce new girls almost every volume, and the protagonist always wins them in the end. I could reel off their names, and I don't think my fingers are enough to count them. I'm not gonna compare HnA with Index though, if I did, I would be comparing it to half of the total existing light novels out there.

However, in HnA, the new characters they introduce are very interesting... I mean background-wise (those who have read enough volume would catch on to what I'm talking about). The author also made a great job developing the characters and is a master of plot twisting.
Old 2011-03-23, 03:27   Link #705
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, Index just start getting interesting in the later volume when they start to do big arcs and avoid the introduce new character each volume antics, so it doesn't close the possibility that it might happen to HnA in the later volume as well.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 03:56   Link #706
Eight_wonder
Cirno <3

1.)Shana
2.)Taiga
3.)Louise
4.)Nagi
5.)Aria
Frigging J.C Staff and its Kugimiya Rie Tsundere characters.

If it goes well,Aria's going to be the 5th most popular tsundere in the anime industry right?
I'm sooo hyped right now.
Old 2011-03-23, 05:52   Link #707
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, Index just start getting interesting in the later volume when they start to do big arcs and avoid the introduce new character each volume antics, so it doesn't close the possibility that it might happen to HnA in the later volume as well.
Mah~ It also helps that the story of Index is told through the perspective of different characters, and from there the huge cast is segregated to those three different PoV.

But... I'm almost certain what Cosmic Eagle meant when he said "if so, this could turn out like Index....", is not that the story would turn out like Index, but the series would become as popular as Index
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 06:08   Link #708
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I hear that this is one of the more popular LNs out there....if so, this could turn out like Index....
Not that popular.. Volume 8 of Aria did 33k in its first week while Volume 6 of Infinite Stratos did 38k.. they came out in the same week. Denpa which is another LN adaption did 23k for Vol 5's opening week.

I wouldn't say those figures are "popular" but they are decent enough I guess... the Stratos anime has significantly boosted the sales of the LN... nearly every Stratos volume has been doing nearly 10k per week since the anime started.

Still Bento just an anime announced and its latest volume did 8.9k for an opening week.. Accel World Vol 7 did 41k opening week.. looks like one of the bigger series left that hasn't been tapped for an anime yet.... Golden Time from the Toradora author is doing 23k opening weeks with the second volume....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 11:03   Link #709
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mah~ It also helps that the story of Index is told through the perspective of different characters, and from there the huge cast is segregated to those three different PoV.

But... I'm almost certain what Cosmic Eagle meant when he said "if so, this could turn out like Index....", is not that the story would turn out like Index, but the series would become as popular as Index
Yea, what I meant was maybe Hidan no Aria will take the same approach as Index and make a longer arc to make the story better and more popular. For me what makes Index fun in the later chapter is not the many PoV, but the larger arc that make the story more "grand".
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 08:11   Link #710
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
That would be the case for Index as well. They pretty much introduce new girls almost every volume, and the protagonist always wins them in the end. I could reel off their names, and I don't think my fingers are enough to count them. I'm not gonna compare HnA with Index though, if I did, I would be comparing it to half of the total existing light novels out there.

However, in HnA, the new characters they introduce are very interesting... I mean background-wise (those who have read enough volume would catch on to what I'm talking about). The author also made a great job developing the characters and is a master of plot twisting.
Ah...but in Index, the romance isn't the main point at all. Hell it features only in side stories or as background.

Not that what Aria is doing now is bad...I love it....

And yes, I did mean this anime could wind up like the Index anime in popularity due to its strong (relatively) novel background.

Also, where the heck did Edge Catching (the thing involving swords and slashing Aria does to Kinji in vol 2 when she "practises her cheer") come from? Does it even exist?
Old 2011-03-24, 18:46   Link #711
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Not that what Aria is doing now is bad...I love it....
Same for me.

Quote:
And yes, I did mean this anime could wind up like the Index anime in popularity due to its strong (relatively) novel background.
I have maybe already said it, but the more romance-directed plot could affect a bit more.

Quote:
Also, where the heck did Edge Catching (the thing involving swords and slashing Aria does to Kinji in vol 2 when she "practises her cheer") come from? Does it even exist?
Hey, Nera, where are you?
Old 2011-03-25, 01:13   Link #712
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Same for me.

I have maybe already said it, but the more romance-directed plot could affect a bit more.

he's in the HnA at JCafe and at times here.... Kira... looks like you have another Chinese translation partner thar.....

MUST SEE REKI WITH AWM. NAO.
Old 2011-03-25, 08:25   Link #713
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

No...I mean....which nation does this sport come from? It's also referred to as such in the Mandarin version yes?
Old 2011-03-25, 18:58   Link #714
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
he's in the HnA at JCafe and at times here.... Kira... looks like you have another Chinese translation partner thar....
I would like to go to JCafe sometimes but animesuki and Baka-tsuki forums are enough for now.

Damn, I'll finish the freakin prologue for BokuTomo and then I'll probably reactivate myself, depending on the amount of translation remaining with IS.

Also, coseagle, could you quote me the part where you found the sword cutting edge? It's been a long since I read HnA.

EDIT: YoakeNoHikari took V2ch2, and so, you'll see it updated very fast

Last edited by Athena; 2011-03-26 at 09:53.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 08:20   Link #715
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight_wonder View Post
1.)Shana
2.)Taiga
3.)Louise
4.)Nagi
5.)Aria
Frigging J.C Staff and its Kugimiya Rie Tsundere characters.

If it goes well,Aria's going to be the 5th most popular tsundere in the anime industry right?
I'm sooo hyped right now.
agree with you...

Rie Kugimiya is perfect for tsundere character

Shana and Aria have a lot of similarity too.... ^^

I'm waiting for newest update about the date... it still in april, right??
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 11:09   Link #716
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Why does it have to be Kugimiya!? Why why why why

I like her voice and all BUT THEY USE HER TOO MUCH DAMMIT!!!

*whine*

...............though I do love that Souma from KNM will be Kinji.

And the character designs are beautiful. I don't think they could have done a better job!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-03-26 at 11:36.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 11:10   Link #717
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
agree with you...

Rie Kugimiya is perfect for tsundere character

Shana and Aria have a lot of similarity too.... ^^

I'm waiting for newest update about the date... it still in april, right??
The anime was delayed for April 7 to April 14.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 13:07   Link #718
Eight_wonder
Cirno <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The anime was delayed for April 7 to April 14.
Is this from your crystal ball again?
Old 2011-03-26, 14:00   Link #719
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight_wonder View Post
Is this from your crystal ball again?
No, it was confirmed by TBS, on the official website.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 21:46   Link #720
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
No, it was confirmed by TBS, on the official website.
Sigh...delayed...well, it's it couldve been predicted, with what's happening in Japan.

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere