Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-20, 21:01   Link #21
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
mind EMP is definately possible but lulu said "he stopped time" which is probably how the CG staff is trying to explain it to us.

Does anyone else think rollo is gay? He acts like lulu is more than someone he's just spying on... i think he has feelings for him.
It never occurred to me, but now that you mention it...

Rollo did seem to value that locket quite a bit. I was thinking that it was because it was an important piece of spy machinery (or such machinery was put into the locket), but you never know.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 21:03   Link #22
Peachys

Nah, Lelouch's saying "he stopped time" would be their way of having him give a quick explanation for the geass. once Lelouch somehow gets out of the current situation and (maybe) get Rolo on his side, or something to that affect, Lelouch would think about it with his brain (as he normally does) and go like "Oh it is not time!" "its in the head" or whatever.. :3

Hmm, probably tramatizing past, dont think hes gay as much so as the need and attatchment to somebody, family most likely given key ideas and words, Brother (family in general), and Birthday seems to affect him alot. The love is more of a platonic, or rather brotherly. That point is pretty obvious.

Only part im having trouble on atm is Rolo's split between wanting to "kill" or get rid of zero and whatnot due to probably duty but then not wanting Lelouch to be zero, which he knows for a fact in the back of his head, and definately by ep3, and was constantly trying to convince himself otherwise, even tho hes already positive on the matter. Its just their way to having a "messed" up, tramatized child with power, and is hopefuly gona be cleared up at the start of EP 4! :3
Peachys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 21:05   Link #23
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
mind EMP is definately possible but lulu said "he stopped time" which is probably how the CG staff is trying to explain it to us.

Does anyone else think rollo is gay? He acts like lulu is more than someone he's just spying on... i think he has feelings for him.
Rollo seems far too childish to have any concept of anything related to sexuality at this point. His reaction to Lelouch, especially at the locket thing, seems far more like that of a child to a parent.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 22:45   Link #24
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Lol. Rolo, two words.

NO HOMO.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 22:51   Link #25
KrimzonStriker

I agree, as much as Sunrise would tease up with the whole thing, it really just reminds me more of the overly obsessive relationship Lelouch had with Nunnally beforehand and vice versa, so his reaction and stuff wasn't surprising to me, and the fact that its likely he had a messed up childhood would only help us in understanding why he acts the way he does, I would think anyway.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 22:53   Link #26
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I can almost guarentee that some characteristic of Nunnally has been implemented into this possibly homunculus character.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 22:58   Link #27
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
I can almost guarentee that some characteristic of Nunnally has been implemented into this possibly homunculus character.
He ages, he's not a homunculus.

He's just a kid with a geass and a really messed up childhood of some sort. But hanging around Lelouch will probably make him better, it worked for Suzaku and C.C. after all.
Old 2008-04-20, 23:02   Link #28
KrimzonStriker

Well, it might have the opposite effect in terms of Nunnally herself >_>
Old 2008-04-20, 23:03   Link #29
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

One might argue how well it affected Suzaku at this point unless you are speaking of their childhood.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 23:04   Link #30
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
he does resemble lelouch...purple eyes and i think he does have a thing for him(not sexual)
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 23:18   Link #31
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
One might argue how well it affected Suzaku at this point unless you are speaking of their childhood.
it was working out just fine before the massacre and shooting Euphie part!

still working pretty well now too actually, in it's own way. >_>
Old 2008-04-20, 23:21   Link #32
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Not only does Rollo have an older brother/family complex he feels vastly inferior to Nunnally demonstrated by taking her birthday which he should. I think he's close to as emotionally unstable as Nina. My initial guess about Rollo was orphan before season 2 started, and I'm sticking with that.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 23:24   Link #33
KrimzonStriker

We'll see I suppose, I definitely want to learn more about the guys past, he's such a complex character
Old 2008-04-21, 01:14   Link #34
Z3120

Angry

I still think there's a possibility Rolo might actually be a legitimate brother to Lelouch instead of a spy delegated to resembling Nunnally. Anyone else think this?

At first, I originally thought Rolo needed to disguise himself as close as possible to resembling Nunnally because I suspected breaking the emperor's Geass (don't feel like calling him Charles) is similar to how Villetta was able to break free and regain her former self and memories although I'm not quite sure about Shirley's case (I remember she found a picture of her and Lulu and her confession about Lulu being Zero, but I do vaguely recall it wasn't enough to break herself free from Lelouch's Geass).

Considering how significant Nunnally is to Lelouch, and, since she was the one of the reasons why Lelouch became Zero, indicating her worldly value to Lelouch to me (besides the incident near the end of season 1), I assumed the emperor was aware of this and had a replacement to distinctively match Nunnally, but Rolo's figure and appearance in general has an uncanny similarity to Nunnally.

Along with Rolo's reluctance to part ways with the locket, I'm highly guessing like Lelouch, he was in a predicament similar Lelouch where he was nothing more than a bargaining chip used in negotiations. But what's with Rolo's obsession in killing Zero? I can't think much of an explanation of it right now based on the clues (or laziness on my behalf), but I suspect something similar to what Shirley is going through could have happened. Previously, Shirley as we all know it was infatuated with Lelouch. Her memories of knowing of her previous self's discovery of Lelouch being Zero before the memory change was gone, but her feelings of Lelouch still remained intact. I thinking this could be the case for Rolo too, but why would he possess a Geass too? I'm really reaching for straws here, but Rolo's Geass on his left eye and Lelouch's Geass on his right eye seems to mean something important here yet I can't figure what besides trying to think if that connection even means anything.

Is it possible Rolo had his brotherly love affection before the emperor might have Geass him? I'm reaching for details, I know, but the possibility still interests me nonetheless.

Thoughts?
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 02:31   Link #35
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Crackpot Theory: Rollo's geass goes permanent and then he has to resort to closing his eyes all the time (ala Nunnally) in order to avoid a world of solitude/frozen people.
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 05:15   Link #36
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
Crackpot Theory: Rollo's geass goes permanent and then he has to resort to closing his eyes all the time (ala Nunnally) in order to avoid a world of solitude/frozen people.
what you just said may be a very scary possibility, eyepatches anyone?
Old 2008-04-21, 05:32   Link #37
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
what you just said may be a very scary possibility, eyepatches anyone?
Arrr! The eyepatch Lamperouge brothers!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 05:56   Link #38
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
I don't expect that to be the case for Nunnaly, but it definitely makes for a good theory.

As for Rolo himself, i highly doubt his ability is to stop time. Besides obvious things like the water continuing to run in the affected field, there is another thing to consider we know about geass - all of the known ones affect people's mind in various ways (Mind reading, memory manipulation, bending mind to your own will), thus it would make more sense (based on what we have been shown thus far) for his Geass to cause a mind stop (the red outline of the affected people's eyeballs reinforce this) instead of being something that influences the physical environment around him.
Old 2008-04-21, 08:03   Link #39
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It never occurred to me, but now that you mention it...

Rollo did seem to value that locket quite a bit. I was thinking that it was because it was an important piece of spy machinery (or such machinery was put into the locket), but you never know.
I doubt it seeing how serious he was and how he showed raw emotions over it.

I think Rolo is just as much used by Britannia as someone like Suzaku is and is torn over it in his inner self.

I have a feeling that Rolo is not only assigned to be a false brother, but thinks of himself as such, or at least wants to think that. It's like a reverse Stockholm Syndome. Even if he's deceiving (or was) Lelouch, he has come to genuinely like him as a brother.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 08:06   Link #40
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
I still think there's a possibility Rolo might actually be a legitimate brother to Lelouch instead of a spy delegated to resembling Nunnally. Anyone else think this?
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that they weren't blood related in one of the magazines.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote