AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-05-23, 22:24   Link #81
Strato
Sunshine-Rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
(Take AFK and AI-baby for instance... I know they do a decent job, but I was still aghast when I found they were doing it...)
Which is why you released episode 2 before releasing episode 1 in an attempt to make Aishiteruze "your personal series" except that it still came out after we released episode 2?
Strato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 00:02   Link #82
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonyo
Prince of Tennis
Since there is atleast 100 episodes of Pot that have been subbed, I'd rather see series that have been stalled longer and who have a chance of completion be worked on first.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 00:18   Link #83
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonyo
Prince of Tennis

I went poking around Anime-Otaku's IRC channel, looks like they need more translators and typesetters. Probably until they get some more, there won't be any PoT anytime soon.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 03:49   Link #84
Sharkbark
Annoying Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Sharkbark
I don't think I'm unjustified in being somewhat upset over the stalling on Hitsuji no Uta... there is only one episode left, and it's been well over a month since the DVD has been released. I have visited the fansubber's website and I understand that they are having problems, but it doesn't seem likely that these problems will be resolved any time soon. I really don't see the problem with your so called "vulture groups" subbing this last episode just to satisfy the fans.

I really am surprised by the arrogant attitude of many fansub and scanlation groups. I understand that you want a high quality release, but I don't think that should be put above availability. I would rather see a crappily done translation job on the last episode than none at all. When the quality translation does come out, I'll save that one of course, but in the mean time I just want to see the end of the series!

Also I hate how scanlation groups refuse to allow other groups to use their translations to translate into other languages because they can't check the quality of the translation. Hey, if I'm a German even poor quality German translations are going to do me more good than good quality English ones.

Well I really can't say too much because in the end fansubbers are doing a ton of work for us for free, but sometimes I just don't understand their attitudes :\ . I mean if I put this much time and heart into a project, I think I'd be doing it because I love the series and want it to reach as wide a fanbase as possible. If that means someone wants to use my translation to put it in German or Spanish or whatever, I'd think that was great, because now the show will reach even more fans.
Sharkbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 12:22   Link #85
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Well, that is your point of view, because your only concern is to be able to watch anime. Now, try to get the fansubber point of view. Even if you do it for free as a hobby, you still want to do your best, and you don't want to do something crappy. And you would rather not do something that doing something you would be ashamed of.

Moreover, you probably don't want to have your name associated with a badly done scanlation. Let's say your are a cooking chief and make a recipe for a good dish. Some people mess up the cooking part and ends up with a uneatable dinner... Would you be happy that people think the dinner is bad because of you?
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 21:27   Link #86
state_alchemist

Misaki Chronicle - Divergence Eve, I want to see the rest of that series!!!
state_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 23:12   Link #87
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by state_alchemist
Misaki Chronicle - Divergence Eve, I want to see the rest of that series!!!
I don't know if you can do anything to hurry ADV up, unless you give them lots of $$$.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 23:42   Link #88
chuckly

Miyuki - stalled for quite a while but a group released an episode recently, hopefully they'll sub more episodes.

Cromartie High - This series seems quite popular but ANBU or A-M haven't released an episode for a while.
chuckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 10:03   Link #89
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm kinda pleased with this thread. I initially though it was going to degenerate and go a direction I hadn't planned for it, but so far from what I can see, it's lead to the revival of 2, possibly 3 stalled series with hints of others coming in behind it. I'm very tickled. Hats off to the subbing groups who've picked up these stalled series and are moving them to completion!
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 10:53   Link #90
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I'm kinda pleased with this thread. I initially though it was going to degenerate and go a direction I hadn't planned for it, but so far from what I can see, it's lead to the revival of 2, possibly 3 stalled series with hints of others coming in behind it. I'm very tickled. Hats off to the subbing groups who've picked up these stalled series and are moving them to completion!
I doubt this thread had anything to do with it, though

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 01:28   Link #91
Skuld
ヽ(`д´)ノww

Saint Beast
Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san
Wagamama Fairy Mirumo de Pon
Skuld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 08:43   Link #92
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
let's see...

Gear Fighter Dendoh
L-Gaim
and any other mecha anime
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 10:54   Link #93
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuld
Saint Beast
Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san
Wagamama Fairy Mirumo de Pon
I believe Saint Beast has been completed. It has only 6 episodes as far as I know.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 10:59   Link #94
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I don't know if you can do anything to hurry ADV up, unless you give them lots of $$$.
Misaki Chronicle - Divergence Eve is still being fansubbed.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 14:51   Link #95
ichido reichan

like they gonna pick back the series because somebody did a stupid topic about it...

if you want it, do it yourself, dont mentally "jack off" with this kind of topics.
ichido reichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 15:01   Link #96
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
I believe Saint Beast has been completed. It has only 6 episodes as far as I know.
It does only have 6 episodes, but only 5 of them were subbed. And only AJ subbed episodes 4 and 5. Nobody ever subbed the last episode.

The troubled history of Saint Beast's subbing:
  1. Animehaven, WolfPackProductions
    Miyuki-no-Tamari, SD_Project, Shoujo-Ai
    AnimeJunkies
  2. Animehaven, WolfPackProductions
    Miyuki-no-Tamari, Shoujo-Ai
    AnimeJunkies
  3. Anime-Cookies, WolfPackProductions
    Miyuki-no-Tamari, Shoujo-Ai
    AnimeJunkies
  4. AnimeJunkies
  5. AnimeJunkies
  6. Noone!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 16:22   Link #97
FarthingRedFox

#Anime-Classic & Anime-In-Action should quit God sun (or whatever) and cont. the fansubbing of PANDA-Z

reason: we keep getting PANDA-Z in the most tollerating format ever (.mkv)
courtesy of Raspberry Heaven
FarthingRedFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 16:41   Link #98
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox
#Anime-Classic & Anime-In-Action should quit God sun (or whatever) and cont. the fansubbing of PANDA-Z

reason: we keep getting PANDA-Z in the most tollerating format ever (.mkv)
courtesy of Raspberry Heaven
Funny, last time i checked, Anime Classic only subbed old anime, no new ones. So I don't get why you want them to sub a brand new anime from 2004?

And it's God Mars, btw.
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 17:39   Link #99
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox
Enough is e-bloody-nough.

Panda Z is cute. It's not the greatest bloody show under the sun, and the fact that you continue to obsess at this level reflects poorly on you, us (because you drag us into it), AiA, and fans of the show in general. So you don't like Matroska? Don't download it. You don't like God Mars? Don't download it. We're not subbing Panda fast enough for you? I don't see you volunteering to help. Panda Z 1-3 were the work of two people in their spare time. N-Bomb and Kyoji both have OTHER SHOWS THAT THEY WORK ON, and so do I (Notice that my name isn't anywhere on Panda 1-3).

At this point, you have two options: put up (and help) or shut up (and deal with the matroska). In the meantime, Panda 4 will be done when we get it done.

Oh, and on your Matroska comments...I don't like it either, but WTF does "most tollerating format" mean? I think you mean "intolerable".

Re: Sun, Since the Panda-Z staff is N-Bomb and Kyoji, it's technically a co-release. Watch for more interesting naming conventions come autumn when we put God Mars on a short hiatus and start bringing some forgotten gems of the VHS genre to the digi age...
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 20:03   Link #100
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Re: Sun, Since the Panda-Z staff is N-Bomb and Kyoji, it's technically a co-release. Watch for more interesting naming conventions come autumn when we put God Mars on a short hiatus and start bringing some forgotten gems of the VHS genre to the digi age...
This sounds interesting =D

Of course I hope that this means we'll see more classic Mecha action! xD
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote