AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 06:28   Link #221
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

LOL, MOPING? That was one of the most saddest things I've seen in anime in a while. Good to see the author tackle the subject with that little trip from the teacher. That was just really nice. If they sat around doing nothing, THAT would be moping. They got over most of it with a lot of grace. And nice little recap showing just how graceful Jone really was in regards to Erin. He really was a rare breed. I'm talking about him like he was a real person.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 09:05   Link #222
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I can't seem to connect to Static's tracker to download the new episodes. Anyone else having this problem?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 09:37   Link #223
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I can't seem to connect to Static's tracker to download the new episodes. Anyone else having this problem?
There seems to be no problem on my side if I try to connect to SS tracker. There are around 133, 63, 100 and 68 seeders atm on 4 recent releases.
Old 2009-08-15, 11:35   Link #224
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You and I are in different parts of the world, I believe. Tracing a route to tracker.staticsubs.org (91.121.48.71) from my computer in the US times out at 20g.vss-2-6k.routers.chtix.eu (94.23.122.109) which is upstream from static's server.

Update

From the Static-Subs forum:
Guys, the tracker server is down. No ETA at this time. Please use a client which supports DHT - like uTorrent.

My client (deluge) supports DHT; it hasn't helped.

Update (2)
The tracker came back this morning (Sunday) around 1300 GMT.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-08-16 at 08:21.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:36   Link #225
silverwolf0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
LOL, MOPING? That was one of the most saddest things I've seen in anime in a while. Good to see the author tackle the subject with that little trip from the teacher. That was just really nice. If they sat around doing nothing, THAT would be moping. They got over most of it with a lot of grace. And nice little recap showing just how graceful Jone really was in regards to Erin. He really was a rare breed. I'm talking about him like he was a real person.
Spoiler for LOLOL ep27-28:
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:51   Link #226
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Spoiler for ep 27-28:

And I did shed a tear myself after that realization.

BTW, I don't know what's up with people who can't stand a long sequence of so-called emo episodes (I even loath the label) but that's just how this genre works. (eg: Heidi of the Alps, Nobody's boy's remi). Certainly we hadn't got many series like this during the late 90's or during this decade so people may have forgotten how this works, or maybe they never even knew this genre existed, but that's just how it is, so you better get used to it or you will be suffering and complaining all the way to ep. 50.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:54   Link #227
rabbitking

Lack of development of the plot in episode 25 and 27 has annoyed me.
rabbitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 20:33   Link #228
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, this series is as much about the plot as about the characters (in fact it had been a good while sin ce I had seen such a balanced series in that respect) so some character development episodes are absolutely necessary to keep the character front strong.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 16:51   Link #229
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Was Episode 32 preempted this week?

I don't know why people are grumbling about Episode 27. It made a lot of sense to me. Erin has reached the same point of conflict/angst with Lilan as her mother was in with the Touda. She doesn't like what happens to the animals when they become tame, and that leads her right back to her mother's situation. Erin has to find her own answer to the question she faces, and the dream sequence was a good way of showing that.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 21:22   Link #230
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Was Episode 32 preempted this week?
Episode 31 was broadcasted again this week on NHK. Episode 32 will be broadcasted on 22, August.
Old 2009-08-17, 19:58   Link #231
silverwolf0

Has anyone heard the soundtrack? I think it was released early this month?
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 22:24   Link #232
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Once again, many thanks to Static Subs. We're finally about to catch up with the raw releases.

Spoiler for Episode 29:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 00:46   Link #233
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 29, with special guests, Siegfried & Roy

Seriously, though... Erin got overconfident and careless, and paid dearly for it - but at the same time she's still taking steps toward discovering what kind of relationships people and beasts can have.

I've seen a lot of talk lately about all the short-run series that have come along during the summer season - a lot of them deserve the praise they're getting, but you can also argue that the best series of the year has already been around for the past 30-odd weeks or so.
Old 2009-08-19, 06:21   Link #234
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Sorry silverwolf, you lost me there. If you aren't sad if you have a beloved parent figure die, then you aren't any different from something like... a toaster. What makes Erin unique as an anime character is that we see every little bits of her empathies play out and not simply being involved in a moving plot.

Also, such a serious passing-away means the plot is moving fast. If everything had stayed the same, then that means the plot would be staying where it was. 3 episodes and Erin's world is already upside down. Whatever happens with the beasts and the brewing war is just the addendum. For Erin, I can't see too many events as important as the ones in the past few eps.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 12:01   Link #235
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The raw for Episode 32 is up. I haven't watched it yet, but just skipping through the file, it looks like...

Spoiler for Episode 32:

If anyone who understands Japanese wants to chime in and shed some light on what happens, it would be most appreciated.

Oh, and also...

Spoiler for Episode 33 preview:
Old 2009-08-22, 12:13   Link #236
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Spoiler for Episode 33 preview:
Spoiler for reply:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:28   Link #237
Wargumm1i
Hentai

True now I see why its called The Beast Player Erin lol.

Also I just watched episode 30 and god from the preview it seems that the new teacher is all over Erin, who can blame him. If Erin was a real person she would perhaps be on level with the top most cutests women in the world lol.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 00:36   Link #238
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Okay, I've watched Episode 32 now. Still have no idea what they were saying, but...

Spoiler for Episode 32:

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2009-08-23 at 10:54.
Old 2009-08-23, 10:42   Link #239
TCman

I think episode 32 is very interesting.

Spoiler for episode 32:

Spoiler for preview episode 33:

Last edited by TCman; 2009-08-24 at 00:33.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 22:22   Link #240
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I am glad to be catching up with the series. Though I always seem to watch 2-3 episodes in a row with this one.
Spoiler for Ep29:
Spoiler for Ep30:

Tags
fantasy, production i.g.