AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 22:22   Link #741
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Just watched the first episode and I'm so following this. The main girl is totally cute and wacky but truly works out for me. This series will, no, it's definitely going to be awesome!
Old 2012-10-03, 22:23   Link #742
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
am I the only one here have no problem with the OP? I actually think it cute and rewatched it several time.

and is KyoAni learning Shaft on making OP/ED?

about the episode itself, I often feel embarassed for the character so this episode was hard as hell to watch , but it still feel enjoyable.
The OP is going to have a negative effect on the worldwide supply of aspirin, judging by how many I myself had to take after seeing it.

KyoAni has been leaning SHAFT in more ways than OP/ED for some time, now. *mini angel Chitanda zerg rush*
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:27   Link #743
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nichijou did a massive SHAFT styling for their OPs (originally the claim was they out SHAFTed SHAFT).
Old 2012-10-03, 22:31   Link #744
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post

On an unrelated note, Haruhi can't be a chu2byo, can't she?
Hahah, that's a funny comparison, and first I've heard of it. Let's see...

Obsession with aliens, espers and time travelers, i.e. superpowers and the occult? check.

Goes around blurting out stuff about said things? Well if I heard that introduction on the first day of school, I'd certainly think that girl was ill, so check.

Hmm it's all starting to make sense why they'd choose to animate something they labeled as a "runner" up two years later now. So that's why Kyoani was interested in animating this...

My thoughts after watching the first eps: I've been fading Kyoani ever since Clannad finished and they've acted like they were too "busy" to associate with Key anymore. I thought this homegrown adapation of one of their "runner ups" for their Kyoani award was going to be pretty iffy, I mean they didn't have any confidence in it in the first place to give it a grand prize, they basically slapped everyone who entered in the face in their first contest by saying no entries were good enough to be worth giving the grand prize to I.E. all the entries sucked. Also all the talk from the English-speaking side about superpowers and how cool it was, had me laughing at all the gaijin chuunis who had no idea what they were actually getting into! "What the hell is this moe crap??? Why are they making fun of me"

Despite my expectations and my desire to troll this show, Ishihara-sama showed why he's so awesome. He manages to turn something with a rather run-of-the-mill premise into something interesting and fresh. That seizure inducing OP pretty much told me this show was going to be worth watching. The main heroine was a lot cuter than I expected, so much more so than she was in the "unaired character introduction". I never thought chuunibyou could be so moe.

For the chuunis I hope you have some self deprecating humor within you, you guys are going to need it if you're going to persist with this one, especially with how anti-chuuni the main character seems to be.

Looks like we're in for a moe-fest, buckle your seatbelts, we're in for a ride!

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-03 at 22:43.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:40   Link #745
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

My comments on the recently watched Ep 1:

* IMO Great OP (Schpro...whatever it was called.)
* Great BGM
* Oh God, I can relate to chu2byo for some reason.
* I love these scenes... like Nichijou, they keep on exaggerating the simple mundane scenarios...
* I'm already sold at the first episode... just like K-ON! ... is this... a sign?!
* Ah... so many .gif-able goodies... I shall make one for another forum, I guess. XD
* Also, Another senses tinging....and Lucky Star.... gah...
* The use of galakta as junk reminds me of cosMo-P's series, where galakta sounds cool because it sounds "galactic".
* I already said that ZAQ would sell as a band right? IMO great ED. (like Milky Holmes.)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:46   Link #746
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Haruhi seems to be more in the meglomania catagory. If anyone in that show is chu2byo, it would be Kyon...since we see everything from his point of view (more or less).
This could end up a blend of K-On! and Nichijou. I wonder why that might happen...
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:47   Link #747
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Hahah, that's a funny comparison, and first I've heard of it. Let's see...

Obsession with aliens, espers and time travelers, i.e. superpowers and the occult? check.

Goes around blurting out stuff about said things? Well if I heard that introduction on the first day of school, I'd certainly think that girl was ill, so check.
What we also need is to wait for an existence of a club room with wacky members or so and a weird name then we'll have the complete set.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-10-03 at 22:57.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:55   Link #748
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
What we also need is to wait for an existence of a club room with wacky members members or so and a weird name then we'll have the complete set.
Fer real

Oh man, what I wouldn't give to see Haruhi and this girl in the same room and their reactions!
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 23:11   Link #749
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
* I already said that ZAQ would sell as a band right? IMO great ED. (like Milky Holmes.)
ZAQ is the single female singer of the OP and promotional OP/ED songs. She also composed/arranged/wrote lyrics for all four OP/ED songs. If you're referring to the ED vocalists, it's the four seiyuu.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 23:18   Link #750
supermegasonic

this show has spunk. i like it.
Old 2012-10-03, 23:29   Link #751
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
ZAQ is the single female singer of the OP and promotional OP/ED songs. She also composed/arranged/wrote lyrics for all four OP/ED songs. If you're referring to the ED vocalists, it's the four seiyuu.
Thanks for the correction.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 23:44   Link #752
liemtodaisu

Cute and amazing animation and interesting start. Probably gonna be a great show this season.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 00:35   Link #753
whitecloud

he really look like oreki in the moment when he pretend to be wearing hiei coat..

Haha...imagine if oreki got his moment what would he look or pretend to be like...or chitanda,or satoshi, or even mayaka...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 00:56   Link #754
Shadow5YA

I got to admit, I was pretty amused when Rikka used her wheeled shoes to pretend to fly back from recoil.

Great animation from KyoAni as always.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 01:06   Link #755
Akarin

Freebies
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's been a while since last time i made avatars.

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-10-04 at 01:36.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 01:11   Link #756
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
am I the only one here have no problem with the OP? I actually think it cute and rewatched it several time.
I thought it was great, too. Active, fun, and completely goes with the beat of the song. I rewatched it a few times trying to pick out everything that was going on in the background.

Quote:
about the episode itself, I often feel embarassed for the character so this episode was hard as hell to watch , but it still feel enjoyable.
Do you mean Rikka or Yuuta? For me, it's a little of both, though it's all fun.

I left most of that kind of behaviour behind years ago, though I'm not too prooud to admit that I still make gestures at automatic doors.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 01:21   Link #757
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Claimed
Old 2012-10-04, 01:22   Link #758
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I love this couple!!!! Get them married at once!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 01:31   Link #759
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Freebies
I'll be using this for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I love this couple!!!! Get them married at once!!!!!
Too soon man
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 01:35   Link #760
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Just discovered this anime and I find it adorable. I am inviting the girls home.and free transport is provided with my marriage sack, free lodging in my room and they can share my bed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen