AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-30, 05:59   Link #2361
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
really ? i think it's impossible to recover something like Life Force or Stamina ?
I'm not really an expert here, but if I'm right, isn't Regrowth said to revert a piece of information body to up to limit of 24 hours? Shouldn't that be applicable to himself? His regeneration I think is just for injuries.

Old 2013-01-30, 08:28   Link #2362
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
I'm not really an expert here, but if I'm right, isn't Regrowth said to revert a piece of information body to up to limit of 24 hours? Shouldn't that be applicable to himself? His regeneration I think is just for injuries.
well, same here. i'm just newbie here.
i'm not really sure what happen to Minori at the end of Web Arc 4
Old 2013-01-30, 09:07   Link #2363
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yeah it seems that it's just impossible to heal life force... which means if someone is in a condition where he/she is almost dead, it would be useless for him to heal since he/she will eventually dies even with their injury healed..

...I think? I hope someone can confirm this one though

Oh and it also seems to be impossible for him to heal himself if his brain couldn't be used because of certain injury (i.e bombs that make his head explode right away) since he couldn't use magic without his brain

Old 2013-01-30, 13:12   Link #2364
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

yuutousei manga already out at mangapark....
Old 2013-01-30, 15:13   Link #2365
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Finished reading student president election chapters.

I don't think it's funny if Miyuki is trying to abuse her authority by finding who voted the lotter as "queen"...
Old 2013-01-30, 15:28   Link #2366
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
You need to read the introduction of Elder Kudou again He was considered one of the most powerful Magician of his generation like Maya.

Yotsuba don't have specialty like jumonji..... The outcome of a fight between their respectative magicians is uncertain but Maya is cerainly stronger than Jumonji's father with her The Night.
exactly, he was *one of the strongest*

just like how maya's one of the strongest.
just like how any of the 10 heads are among the strongest.
and like so, tatsuya's around the level of power, he checks certain ones and is countered by certain other ones.
for example, in a 1v1 scenario, it's been stated his chance of beating maya is very high

yotsuba does have a specialty, it's cocytus, the mind freeze magic.
it's been specifically mentioned as being passed down as the secret magic to miyuki from maya.

Maya is stronger than Juumonji's head sure, but it's unknown if that's purely to skill or due to the fact that her magic counters theirs. Might be a bit of both which is what I'm assuming
Old 2013-01-31, 08:17   Link #2367
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
If I remember and understand correctly, Regrowth copies the Eidos from the past, up to 24 hours, and and puts it on the present. That's why it's permanent because it's still the same object and its information wasn't rewritten, thereby not having the world correct the changes in the information body.
I don't think Tatsuya can copy stamina or lifeforce, as they're probably something that isn't in the information dimension so he couldn't copy it even if he wants to.
So that's why his power is only able to heal injuries.
Plus, even if he's able to restore stamina, he has to expend energy in casting to regain energy, which is a bit weird.

That said, the end of the summaries for Web Arc 4 is pretty unclear to the details of Sakurai Honami(pretty sure it's not Minami as the audio drama DVD cast says Honami in the furigana). We'll just have to wait for the translations I guess. Or some clarifications to those who read the web novels.

Speaking of translations,
>Seitsuki in "Active" of the project staff
Hmmmm....
Old 2013-01-31, 08:23   Link #2368
Seitsuki
Onee!

What. Why. Why would you do this to me.
Old 2013-01-31, 15:59   Link #2369
Chimurry

Quote:
I think Tatsuya will still win, he can just always use regrowth on himself to recover his stamina right?
Its Restore ability, its different from regrown, Tats "reads" Eidos in Information Dimension (just to figure it its some like Matrix codes or ms codes) and order "Restore" the physical element, He cannot restore energy in any form, in some way is like Orihime ability (Bleach).

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
If I remember and understand correctly, Regrowth copies the Eidos from the past, up to 24 hours, and and puts it on the present. That's why it's permanent because it's still the same object and its information wasn't rewritten, thereby not having the world correct the changes in the information body.
I don't think Tatsuya can copy stamina or lifeforce, as they're probably something that isn't in the information dimension so he couldn't copy it even if he wants to.
So that's why his power is only able to heal injuries.
Plus, even if he's able to restore stamina, he has to expend energy in casting to regain energy, which is a bit weird.

That said, the end of the summaries for Web Arc 4 is pretty unclear to the details of Sakurai Honami(pretty sure it's not Minami as the audio drama DVD cast says Honami in the furigana). We'll just have to wait for the translations I guess. Or some clarifications to those who read the web novels.

Speaking of translations,
>Seitsuki in "Active" of the project staff
Hmmmm....
Due Information space requirements, Tats have 24 hrs. period time for using restore, just take the case of his mother Miya, she ready have poor health due overuse of her magic, in Okinawa when Tats restore her body, he only could give her back the best body structure within 24 hrs period and not years before she went with her health issues, like say: the fight in Yokohama took hours, when Tats restore Kirihara and Isori he choose within 24 hrs period time when they have the best health (just wake up maybe?), but he couldn't restore their stamina nor life energy (aka magic), this was why Honami die with no body damages, she overuse her magic in order to protect Tats.

P.S.: Thanks to @Seitsuki, Dreyakis, Larethian and the rest of staff for your efforts to bring this excellent LN to Us.
Old 2013-01-31, 23:08   Link #2370
alviam099

Great, Thanks for the info. Just thought that if he can friggin revert one's health to normal even if it has 24 hour limit, how the hell's stamina not included? Lol.

Regarding winning. I think he'd still win, he's magic has practically no magic sequence required while those Night and Phalanx does though it would only work if the opponent's not ready I guess?

Old 2013-01-31, 23:20   Link #2371
Chimurry

Quote:
Great, Thanks for the info. Just thought that if he can friggin revert one's health to normal even if it has 24 hour limit, how the hell's stamina not included? Lol.

Regarding winning. I think he'd still win, he's magic has practically no magic sequence required while those Night and Phalanx does though it would only work if the opponent's not ready I guess?
Retired General and 9th Clan Head explained very well in the opening of the 9 Schools Competitions: its not the enemy strength, its the use you give to the factors, Juumongi Phalanx is high rank magic, however if battle against Tats, depends of the conditions, a battle for life death, Tats win easy, but if not, will a can apply better strategy and tactics plus stamina and energy, Tats say in the end of competitions, if they fight under these circumstances will be long battle and no fools allowed, any mistake could define the winner.
Old 2013-01-31, 23:49   Link #2372
bloodyclaws

I dont remember there being any evidence that states stamina is not included in his restoration. Stamina does not equate to life force. Life energy is something that lies in the spiritual sectors of a person, but stamina would be physical.

honami's death has nothing to do with her physical depletion and everything to do with her spiritual energy.

When one suffers from heavy external wounds, this causes massive detriments to stamina. If tats restores in time, then at that current place in time, their stamina would naturally be restored. A piece of evidence is when tats went on a rampage against the chinese and restored his allies whilst attacking. Having their limbs blown off and continuing their onslaught seconds later.. If tats truly does not restore stamina, then that huge loss in stamina due to bullet penetration, disability of limbs, lacerations from explosive shrapnel would've left them on the floor even when "restored".

from the information so far, it seems life energy has great ties with magical capacity.
Old 2013-01-31, 23:52   Link #2373
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
What. Why. Why would you do this to me.
Seitsuki~

I have a Miyuki scene I may "commission" you to do.

Get back to me either here or on B-T within the next day or so and it's yours. If not, well, I guess I'll just have to do it. :P

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2013-02-01, 00:10   Link #2374
Seitsuki
Onee!

It's mine

Now

NOW
Old 2013-02-01, 00:11   Link #2375
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
I dont remember there being any evidence that states stamina is not included in his restoration. Stamina does not equate to life force. Life energy is something that lies in the spiritual sectors of a person, but stamina would be physical.

honami's death has nothing to do with her physical depletion and everything to do with her spiritual energy.

When one suffers from heavy external wounds, this causes massive detriments to stamina. If tats restores in time, then at that current place in time, their stamina would naturally be restored. A piece of evidence is when tats went on a rampage against the chinese and restored his allies whilst attacking. Having their limbs blown off and continuing their onslaught seconds later.. If tats truly does not restore stamina, then that huge loss in stamina due to bullet penetration, disability of limbs, lacerations from explosive shrapnel would've left them on the floor even when "restored".

from the information so far, it seems life energy has great ties with magical capacity.
that's probably more adrenaline than stamina. Also just because they can get back up does not mean that they will end up being able to fight with their full power.
Old 2013-02-01, 00:13   Link #2376
Chimurry

Magic is associated with Life force and stamina its what do you have for move your physical body, at least is the way I understand in English, like say: anyone whom practice surfing or swimming will understand easy, you could have your body in good shape and health, but you just don't have energy to move yourself, its like commonly know when you "feel tire". So Eidos composition is information of the composition of the everything in this dimension, that's why Tats could trace the bullet from the sniper, he just "rewind" ID Eidos and saw where came from, is quite different when you receive a wound on your body to the time you use your energy, this difference is why most of the soldiers could got up again, but magicians need psions to restore their energy levels.
Old 2013-02-01, 00:49   Link #2377
bloodyclaws

adrenaline is also a branch of stamina. That energy needs to come from somewhere.

I can see where chimurry is coming from. While the term "feel tire" does exist in real life, it would not explain forceful depletions of stamina through controlled situations. No matter how physically fit someone is with 100% stamina, that stamina will definitely go down if an external force is applied. (eg. falling on your back from a high height, or getting knifed in the gut)

Remember tats got hit point blank by ichijous rupture? A dissipation magic that instantaneously creates explosions through chemical reactions. Tats literally tanked releases of energy with the velocity of around 2000-8000 m/s and continued his way as if nothing happened. Adrenaline is not going to save you from that one for sure.

I definitely agree that magicians need psions to restore their "magicial" levels. Stamina is something that everyone has and can be replenished naturally through the course of time.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:34   Link #2378
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
It's mine

Now

NOW
Volume 6, Page 350-358, between the breaks. If you need the data files, let me know.

Feed your OTP. :P

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2013-02-01, 09:04   Link #2379
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Has volume 8 always had 19 chapters? Is that how long the entire past arc is?(I'm guessing that's what it is since the illustrations mostly have small children)
Old 2013-02-01, 09:16   Link #2380
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
Volume 6, Page 350-358, between the breaks. If you need the data files, let me know.

Feed your OTP. :P
Ohh, that one. That is a rather nice one. I think I harassed Seitsuki about that one before (pointing it out, not asking him to translate it).

Also, Libros: I haven't looked at volume 8 at all, so I can't tell you this for sure, but in the web arcs, the 10 chapters had a component in the present and a component where Miyuki reminisces, so the 19 chapters may be a divider into past and present, since it wasn't done this way in the web arc. There's also probably quite a bit more added, since the volume is pretty large compared to what it was before.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings