AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-31, 11:39   Link #41
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I voted #2. Though I didn't much care for any of them, I think he fit the character the best.

The problem I'm having is that the Japanese VA was so amazing, that it's very hard to find an English counterpart to match how good he was.
Old 2006-12-31, 12:21   Link #42
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Aw. I was kind of hoping to be able to hear Ryouko Asakura's dub poll. I'm not entirely certain they can pull off the "cheerful, polite, airy" tone that well.

Although the part I'd really like to judge them by would probably be massive spoilers.
Old 2006-12-31, 12:49   Link #43
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

This was definitely a 'best fit' decision. Number one sounded... unnatural. And he has no change in tone whether narrating or talking to the Goddess of Moe. Definitely not like Kyon.
Number two sounds as close to what I'd imagine Kyon in English as we're gonna get. Although he still sounds bored even in Asahina's invigorating presence, at least there's a change in inflection.
Number three sounds inappropriately bored and slightly drunk.
Number four, I think, is also one of the choices we got for Ituski. Also a bit of overacting.
I think I remember number five from the History channel

So, yeah... I voted for number two.
Old 2006-12-31, 14:05   Link #44
Green²
It's bacon!

Kyon VA Casting

1, 3, and 4 appeared to have missed a "Hello!",.. ...#2 got it in, but, I think probably a line late or something for later cut & splicing. And all but number 2 & 5 I thought missed a clear and complete separation of between lines of thought and lines of the character speaking out to other characters.

And yet, I like the "sound" of the voice of number 2 best. It's almost as, if there was some greater power involved in getting us to make this choice.
Old 2006-12-31, 15:15   Link #45
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

I really didn't like any of themall that much. I ended up putting two, it's probably the closest fit.
Old 2006-12-31, 18:56   Link #46
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well, I'm kinda disappointed in the choices for Kyon, but after some consideration, I voted for #2.

People on the other boards (AoD and ANN) are saying that Crispin Freeman is #2...

I think he should base his Kyon voice on his Zelgadis voice and work from there (i.e. in a lower register) imho.
Old 2006-12-31, 21:34   Link #47
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The voice polls have been closed. Sorry to say.
Old 2006-12-31, 21:41   Link #48
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
The voice polls have been closed. Sorry to say.
What about Haruhi?
Old 2006-12-31, 21:44   Link #49
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Dunno. But not only are they closed, they've disappeared from the site altogether.
Old 2006-12-31, 21:56   Link #50
GyroidFanatic

No, the entire site is closed for another viral marketing stunt. It'll all be back a bit after midnight.
Old 2006-12-31, 22:18   Link #51
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

I sure hope so.
Old 2006-12-31, 22:40   Link #52
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
absolutely disappointed with the kyon voice dub.
i was expecting a northern british twang to compliment the natural sarcasmic flow of words.
however my skeptimism was rewarded with a typical dull American acting, absolutle understandable as portraying a British kyon would call upon the king of England to take back those blessed lands of good fortune untouched by nature and hatred, i suppose the risk of miscasting a british as a good bloke would cuase unknown casulties as haruhi forbid urge the chasten population to sally forth and conquer some unfortunate country for king and ..e.r...country.

no..we must'en inflict such painful anger on those poor americans, it would be terriblly inhuman....
Old 2007-01-01, 03:01   Link #53
aegismode

http://asosbrigade.com/auditions/ah.php

Haruhi Vote.
Old 2007-01-01, 03:02   Link #54
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

First Haruhi voice sounds fabulous to me. (Kari Wahlgren <3!!) Now to hear the others...
Old 2007-01-01, 03:09   Link #55
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

I really don't like any of them...They just don't fit her. I thought Number three was pretty good, but I haven't voted yet, I want to listen to them a few more times.
Old 2007-01-01, 03:11   Link #56
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Wow... the choices for Haruhi are quite good. I had a hard time deciding on my final decision.

1) Good, really good. It is perky.

2) Perky too, with some hint of assertiveness.

3) A bit too ditzy. A better fit for a cheerleader-type, but not Haruhi.

4) Very clear. I like the clarity in her voice.

5) Die. Just die.

I ended up voting for No.4, but I will have no problems with either No.1 or No.2 either.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-01, 03:13   Link #57
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Wow, Kari Wahlgren!

I think I like her!
Old 2007-01-01, 03:17   Link #58
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I liked #5 because she put a noticable sense of eagerness in her voice that #1 was lacking. (and was not as squeaky as #1's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedigitalsin @ animeondvd.com forums
1 - Kari Wahlgren
2 - Kate Higgins
3 - Michelle Ruff
4 - Stephanie Sheh
5 - Wendee Lee
no wonder I liked #5...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-01-01 at 03:28. Reason: added actress list
Old 2007-01-01, 03:18   Link #59
aegismode

Arg... again I really didn't like any of them. Perhaps I'm just too big of an Aya-chan fan to really imagine anyone else doing Haruhi. But vote I must.

3 sounds like a valley girl. No. 4 sounds boring, kinda like "anime girl A". I'm torn between 1, 2, and 5. I kinda like 1 since I think her voice put a bit of smarts in Haruhi, not just a crazed talk of a tsundere'ko. 2 has more enthusiasm in her voice and I guess that's also approriate; I just didn't like the way she said "transfer". 5 also threw me at "transfer", so at the end I went with 1. I also like 1's way of saying "Kyon", so she wins by a hair.
Old 2007-01-01, 03:24   Link #60
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

Uggghh...The more I listen the more I hate them.

1- It sounds ok at first, but I don't like the way she says some of her words. At times she sounds like an older lady off of some nick at night show...

2- I don't mind this one as much, but at times she sounds way to much like a ditzy blonde (No offence.)

3- She sounds like a cross of Barbie and Cheerleader.

4- I really can't stand the tone in her voice, just the voice drives me up the wall

5- I like the way she starts out, but then it goes down hill VERY fast from "Hey Kyon."

I knew this was going to be hard, but now I just want to cry...
Closed Thread