Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 15:00   Link #701
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
He's well aware of it due all sort of stories surrounding her. So, I don't think it matters as much here.

Argh, thanks for reminding me that we will never get to play this game.
It's really annoying lol but don't lose hope maybe the SEGA company will change their mind now back to the topic
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:03   Link #702
Soji

Iron Maw@ To be fair is matter.I mean...who would become the boyfriend of a girl that have the same hobby of the one that kill you're 2 childhood friends?
Also I feel sorry for wave ...i mean if he fail again she will be the one that will punish and will not be pleasant for him.
And I redy to bet that she would do the same with Tatsumi if and with her...honestly she seem some one that punish everyone if they do something that she dont like
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:21   Link #703
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Looks like some people were not quite fond of Esdese but I really find her adorable Also, THAT SMILE! I have a bad feeling what might happen to her in the future but I just hope it's just me.

Spoiler for those who read raw:
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:21   Link #704
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Iron Maw@ To be fair is matter.I mean...who would become the boyfriend of a girl that have the same hobby of the one that kill you're 2 childhood friends?
Yes, but main point is that he's known about it for awhile, furthermore she didn't kill his friends regardless of her hobby. This doesn't stop her from becoming someone he could like either if she changes herself bit by bit.

Quote:
Also I feel sorry for wave ...i mean if he fail again she will be the one that will punish and will not be pleasant for him.
And I redy to bet that she would do the same with Tatsumi if and with her...honestly she seem some one that punish everyone if they do something that she dont like
Wave would have been punished by any superior as he failed the objective that Jaeger was created for. Losing Tatsumi just made things worse for him on top of that. It sucks for him, but his negligence was his own doing.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-19 at 15:32.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:35   Link #705
Soji

Iron Maw@ I know. But the point I try to say is Esdes have the same hobby of that family. We see her goin out of her way to improve the torture in the torture room/palace, or how you want to call.Why some one like her,the emperiale stronger a general need to do this? From what i know this is not something that she need to do because her role.THis was only because her nature and because she enjoi this kind of thing.

Quote:
Wave would have been punished by any superior as he failed the objective that Jaeger was created for. Losing Tatsumi just made things worse for him on top of that. It sucks for him by his negligence was his own doing.
True enough. But the way she say that,make me think that she would go all out next time.And knowing how good she is in torture .....well I still feel sorry for him if that happen.

Lexxus@ Let's just say is something pretty heavy
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-06-19, 15:47   Link #706
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Iron Maw@ I know. But the point I try to say is Esdes have the same hobby of that family. We see her goin out of her way to improve the torture in the torture room/palace, or how you want to call.Why some one like her,the emperiale stronger a general need to do this? From what i know this is not something that she need to do because her role.THis was only because her nature.
I don't think it's so much her nature than her ideology. The strong eat the weak or such. I likely connects to her upbringing.

Quote:
True enough. But the way she say that,make me think that she would go all out next time.And knowing how good she is in torture .....well I still feel sorry for him if that happen.
Yeah, for his sake he better not screw up next time.
Old 2012-06-19, 15:47   Link #707
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

@Soji
^ Can you give me message me those extra pages? I'm badly want to know what's on those extra pages that make you and him say that. Thanks
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:55   Link #708
Soji

Iron Maw@I understand why you say this. But this don't justify her....i mean ,come on we can't always try to justify them for their past or bad exp in the past.Also i can understand this ideology but the way in which she applied this .Although this only my opinion of course.
And yeah better for him not screw up next time. Though if he fight again Tatsumi/incursio i get the feeling that this time will be his last fight.

Lexxus@ Ok I send you a pm .
Old 2012-06-19, 16:07   Link #709
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Iron Maw@I understand why you say this. But this don't justify her....i mean ,come on we can't always try to justify them for their past or bad exp in the past.Also i can understand this ideology but the way in which she applied this .Although this only my opinion of course.
I'm not really saying it here to justify her, but rather pointing out that is likely an origin point to her POV and that it didn't spring out of nowhere.

Getting back on the "romance" a bit, the author seems he might be pushing for WavexKurome doesn't he?
Old 2012-06-19, 16:08   Link #710
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

What is this about this extra chapter, is it so bad? Send me a link as well, I know I got the stomach for about anything. As for Esdes, if she was raised that way it doesn't really justify her but gives a reason why she is like that. As we seen in ancient history, the winner takes all literally. Back in the day, victors can do anything to the loser. Take the old Maori Warriors for example and you'll get the picture.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:09   Link #711
Soji

Iron Maw@That's true. Still if we go with this reasoning I start to wonder if her family no do the same a what she do now. Torture ecc. That would explain why she is like this(like you say).

So I not the only one to notice the Kurome X Wave thing.

Reaper@ Give me a second and I do it.
Old 2012-06-19, 16:30   Link #712
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I think NR was pretty clear with Tatsumi that murder is alwaysmurder no matter the reason. And yeah Leona say that herslef.But there is some difference from what NR do and what the empire do. If I have to choice I choice NR without second thought.
"Difference"? The only difference is that the Night Raid got to Tatsumi first. Surely you're not going to tell me that the Night Raid kills only bad guys.

There are people on the Empire's side that think what they are doing is just as well. Look at Wave and Seryuu. If the story was in their perspective and we see the Night Raid kill parents and military members not even assigned to fight on the front lines without batting an eye, people wouldn't be viewing the Night Raid in such a positive light.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:35   Link #713
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

On the contrary NR only kills what the civilians asked them to as well the Rebel Army. Each one killed by NR is justified from what we've seen, so far they killed people consumed with power they abuse it, rapists and drug dealers, serial killers, a guy who loves killing women by stomping them to death, and those who committed crime in their name. I haven't seen anyone that Nightraid has killed that hasn't been justified. Its like saying the Navy Seals are the same as the Taliban.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:39   Link #714
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
"Difference"? The only difference is that the Night Raid got to Tatsumi first. Surely you're not going to tell me that the Night Raid kills only bad guys.

There are people on the Empire's side that think what they are doing is just as well. Look at Wave and Seryuu. If the story was in their perspective and we see the Night Raid kill parents and military members not even assigned to fight on the front lines without batting an eye, people wouldn't be viewing the Night Raid in such a positive light.
We already know that people(some of them at least) don't see NR in positive Light. We know this from ch 1. And I don't think I say they kill only bad guy...though until now is exactly what we see and they do(like Reaper say). That they Kill people that deserve that kind of punishment.OR you try to tell me that the Ogre was a good guy? You try to tell me that the sadic family don't deserve that?Wave still alive and he may or not may get killed most depends on what he will do when he find out about the true nature of the empire. Also thank's Akame and Tatsumi first meet. We already know that if people that are *not a target*(like Akame said that time) get in the way even after the warnig they get killed.Akame was pretty clear that time.Also you do realize that Seyriu is really a bad example here right? Anyway from what we know from the story ,until now I still think that between the 2 nigth raider is better.

Quote:
On the contrary NR only kills what the civilians asked them to as well the Rebel Army. Each one killed by NR is justified, so far they killed people consumed with power they abuse it, rapists and drug dealers, serial killers, a guy who loves killing women by stomping them to death, and those who committed crime in their name. I haven't seen anyone that Nightraid has killed that hasn't been justified. Its like saying the Navy Seals are the same as the Taliban.
True .And i agre...but like I say Akame do show us tha they are ready to kill even innocent if they get in the way even after the warning.Ch 1 her figth with Tatsumi.
Though to be fair,like they say kill is still kill not matter the reason.
Old 2012-06-19, 17:40   Link #715
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
On the contrary NR only kills what the civilians asked them to as well the Rebel Army. Each one killed by NR is justified from what we've seen, so far they killed people consumed with power they abuse it, rapists and drug dealers, serial killers, a guy who loves killing women by stomping them to death, and those who committed crime in their name. I haven't seen anyone that Nightraid has killed that hasn't been justified. Its like saying the Navy Seals are the same as the Taliban.
Chapter 10, the Korobe brothers. They were subordinates to the Prime Minister. We don't know whether they enjoyed what they did. They could have just been following orders as soldiers and would be threatened if they did not accept, like General Rivers was. The only thing those targets were shown doing were drinking and having dinner. The only thing we do see is that one of them was a father.

The Night Raid takes requests to kill from people who ask for it. They are not the Revolutionary Army where they do pick their enemies based on what they have done. It only so happens that the requests we have seen the Night Raid carry out are from either victims or the Revolutionary Army itself. Akame couldn't care less about how "evil" any of her targets are except for Kurome.

Again, if you somehow think the Night Raid is someone morally superior to Jaegar, you're gravely mistaken. They are a group of assassins, not a rebel army. Your Navy Seals vs Taliban analogy is false. The Navy Seals is an official military group supported by the government. If anything, they are closer to the Taliban, or a mafia or yakuza group. I understand that the Night Raid has received favorable character development first and it's easier to sympathize with them because they're on the protagonist's side, but I'd be wary of playing moral favorites.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-06-19 at 17:53.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 17:57   Link #716
Soji

Shadow5YA@ Although,to be fair from what I remember the boss explain to Tatsumi that NR is still part of the Revolutionary Army.And the boss go to the Revolutionary Army to get new people.
And in ch 3 we do see the boss ask to Leona if she confirm the request, If was true or not, so even if I can understand what you mean with that the author show us that they kill only those who deserve it.And if other that seem or are innocent get killed is because they get in the way.(like Akame show us in ch 1 with her speak and action).
Old 2012-06-19, 18:42   Link #717
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah, NR is part of the Revolutionary Army, but the connection is keep secret. IIRC Leone, Schere, and Mein were all recruited directly by rebel scouts and transferred to NR. It's also why Najenda can call for replacements from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Again, if you somehow think the Night Raid is someone morally superior to Jaegar, you're gravely mistaken. They are a group of assassins, not a rebel army. Your Navy Seals vs Taliban analogy is false. The Navy Seals is an official military group supported by the government. If anything, they are closer to the Taliban, or a mafia or yakuza group. I understand that the Night Raid has received favorable character development first and it's easier to sympathize with them because they're on the protagonist's side, but I'd be wary of playing moral favorites.
I agree with most of this. Jaeger at this point are simply doing their jobs.

Quote:
So I not the only one to notice the Kurome X Wave thing.
No, but Kurome doesn't look she's going to give him the "time of day" anytime soon.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-19 at 18:57.
Old 2012-06-19, 20:48   Link #718
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

We've seen ONE group of the NR. There's no indication that other groups aren't corrupted in some way as well.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:53   Link #719
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
We've seen ONE group of the NR. There's no indication that other groups aren't corrupted in some way as well.
There's only one Night Raid. There are other groups of the revolutionary army stationed around but none of them are Night Raid.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:42   Link #720
Mr.Garfield

About how Night Raid can be called morally superior to Jaegar, I think the members
themselves play a role. Aside from just doing their job, how they do it and how they reflect on it can make a different. From what I've seen thus far (chap 19), NR members are more "human" than those of Jaegar in carrying their orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
He's well aware of it due all sort of stories surrounding her though. So, I don't think it matters as much here.
Hearing stories and actually seeing it can be vastly different.
Of course it's not the entire reason, but if Esdese ever get a chance in this "romance", she will have to change her hobby, either by her own will or convinced by Tatsumi.

Btw on another topic, does someone here find the whole "Akame vs Kurome" thing a little cliched. I mean sisters on different sides, love and kill ect...
The last thing i want from this series is a drama about their story.
Mr.Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!