AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 15:58   Link #41
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I can see SHAFT being an odd choice here (because when their animation is bad, it's really bad), but what's wrong with ufotable? You honestly don't see any great animation in Kara no Kyoukai? Kara no Kyoukai had many awesome action scenes, and animation quality was a part of that.
Yes, they did have good action scenes. But they're nowhere near the level of other studios like I.G, BONES, Gainax (Trigger now, although I'm not sure about them since they haven't done anything yet), and others.
Many action shows have some great actions scenes from time to time, and that is a lot of the times due to freelancers instead of in-house staff from the studio. KnK had very nice cuts, most of them courtesy of Tetsuya Takeuchi, but besides those standouts they aren't really at the top and citation-worthy in terms of animation. They certainly have some amazing cinematography and editing, that's for sure.

Quote:
Can you provide some examples of analogical look vs. digital look? I'd appreciate it just so I can have a better idea of what we're talking about here.
I'm frankly tired right now and don't want to dig, but I'll say that I can't really pinpoint exactly an intuitive comparison between a digital cut and an old, analogic one. The main differences can be seen when comparing any pre-digital era anime (90 OVAs and earlier) with any given modern anime made digitally. The colours in analog are less saturated, have this "dirt" look to them due to the filming, have traces of the lightning of the filming environment that can slightly effect the looks; and as C.A. said, the frame transitions can be "wriggling" as he put it. On computer, it looks much smoother (even if the actual animation is not smoother), while analogical filming had that effect of a sort of small vibration when animation was happening. I really don't know how to describe it very well, I'm just an enthusiast and not an actual animator .

Perhaps C.A. can give a better explanation about the wriggling lines.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 21:45   Link #42
Write
Banned

I love lighting depicted in anime, and to me it's only gotten better in recent years. Same goes for coloring and the visual "uniqueness" in shows, it's never been better.
Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:57   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I can see SHAFT being an odd choice here (because when their animation is bad, it's really bad), but what's wrong with ufotable? You honestly don't see any great animation in Kara no Kyoukai? Kara no Kyoukai had many awesome action scenes, and animation quality was a part of that.
We're talking tv series at this point of the thread....

Quote:
They're more defendible if we're talking about overall visuals, but as far as TV animation goes, I don't think anyone can compete with Kyoani and perhaps BONES (when they actually employ some talent).
After all Xion's comment was that Fate/Zero and Nise were better then anything from the past and you would need full budget movies to surpass it... L O L

Cowboy Bebop alone takes a dump on SHAFT and Ufotables history.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote