AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 12:25   Link #981
Zekori

Fanboyism at its best.

M25 served its purpose, all conflicts within the Macross series derives from Culture differences and it was resolved. Only thing that wasn't, was the love triangle... which was portion of the show.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:25   Link #982
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

OKay I don't think that person is Lelouch but if they wanted to being lelouch back to life they could cause well it's anime and maybe they can have kallen, suzaku and C.C go find him and put an end to geass forever I mean honestly the ending wasn't so wonderful now I'm even more curious to how it was suppose to have been if tanguchi got his way.
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:26   Link #983
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Oh Lelouch is alive. He kept the promise he made to C.C. She lives a normal life, Lelouch has all of eternity to atone for all the sins he's done. And Suzaku has been granted geass (I THINK). A happy ending for us the fans.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:27   Link #984
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
really need to stop wathing that scene again.

been repeating it 10 times alread T__T

anyways, who the heck said Guilford was blind >___>

going to sleep, more pages to read when i wake up.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:29   Link #985
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

another mystery when nunnally touch lelouch showing some part include suzaku getting zero mask?!

this is all another plan of lelouch to have her touch him to understand.

& greatest of all mysteries WTF happen during all of those TIME SKIP during the part after lelouch-suzaku-c2 at world c then lelouch's emperor, & the f'n ACT of lelouch's "whack" those TIME SKIP ARE REALLY HIDING TOO MUCH "SEC"RE:"T"
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:29   Link #986
pingva

Sayonara, Lelouch. At last you have done something good.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:29   Link #987
Diedrupo

You know, the one thing I don't get is... Jeremiah was obviously in on Lelouch's plan, but why? Was he seriously okay with Lelouch wanting to kill himself? If so, his loyalty is ridiculous.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:29   Link #988
meijiOrO

I'm starting to think that Kaguya had an inkling of what Lelouch's intentions were. In the conversation between CC and Kaguya see asked CC if she would beg for his life. At first I thought that maybe she was just taunting her but CC mentions that Kaguya was able to somewhat see Lelouch's true nature and then Kaguya gave a sad look. Maybe Kaguya thought that his plan was to take over the world and just make a better one, not be a tyrant like everyone else thought. But she disagreed with his means even if it was with good intentions. So she thought that with Suzaku dead there wouldn't be anyone to save him if he lost the battle so she was "requesting" CC to beg for his life. I mean, why out of everyone's else's reactions to Lelouch's death did they mostly center it on Kallen, Nunally, and Kaguya unless she got the jist of his intentions?
meijiOrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:31   Link #989
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davicho View Post
1 if he did receive the code from cc how come he bled
Hello? Charles bled when Lelouch geassed him into shooting himself. Hell, right on episode 1 of r1 C.C bled like hell after that headshot
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:32   Link #990
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well obviously C.C. won't give Geass anymore. She no longer wants to fullfill her contract.

But I have to disagree with you. While I believe the dude driving the cart is Lelouch, you still can't say 100% it's him. They made the ending TOO open-ended.

Plus Ohgi lived, no C.C.'s real name, Nunnally didn't die, and just the fact we have such a big open ended ending= failure.
Yeah she don't want to die.

What do you disagree with me about then? You're not even sure about whether he's dead or alive. I'm convinced that he's done. And if the cart driver is really him, then I guess it kind of reminds me of Elfen Lied's ending, when there's someone at the door at the end. Of course, we think the Diclonus Lucy is done, but there's not a 100% certainty. But that's essentially what it's supposed to do. Keeps us guessing and thinking - go "over the top", beyond the end. His being alive or death is regardless. He achieved his meaning and everything. That's proper. That's how it should end. I'd rather have something so trivial like that nd look back to it and say, "Hmm.. Speaking of which.. Was that guy on the carriage / wagon Lelouch with C.C.? Meh, whatever.. " That's perfect. Besides, I don't really care for that, I mean the driving being Lulu didn't even cross my mind - remember how C.C. could talk to Marianne as she was "dead"? Although she wasn't really dead, it was portrayed that way. C.C. can speak to Lulu that way either way, so it doesn't bother me. It would have been a nice bonus, but all that matters is C.C. wins in the end.

As for C.C.'s name and Nunnally or Ohgi being alive, well that's just how it is. C.C.'s real name doesn't bother me - maybe it really is C.C.. V.V. was V.V. afterall . Besides, Nunnally and Ohgi didn't have to die. Their "play dead" features were enough to divert the plot course the way it ended up being. I still can't see how you'd work up their death within the last 3 episodes. Maybe Ohgi, when the ship dropped, but that'd have been a garbage ending for such a vital character.

So vague ending? Once again, I can see that it's all been predicted and everything, but from all the plot twists in R2, this is the way it should have ended. We had enough controversy in CG so far. The new R2 script did well in continuing the legacy. Enough questions been answered. Collect pieces, and we can figure out the probability of what happens onward, if things have really not been answered.

Diedrupo: Suzaku was loyal to Lelouch too. They had something to accomplish. They go back to a history of friendship. Of course, their relationship of the time was very bad, but they teamed up in the end. I didn't see Jeremiah crying when Lulu got killed. Besides, Orange-kun demonstrated full loyalty. He clearly understood what needed to be done. There's obviously reasons for both sides, but I don't think there was much I could do to resist Lulu's planned method of recreating the world - I'd probably agree with it.

Man, this is Passion of Christ and The Dark Knight together. Damn. Lol

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:32   Link #991
Carlos45

Hopefully theres going to be more episodes, and i hope Lelouch isn't dead.
Carlos45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:32   Link #992
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna20 View Post
For the people who do not know why the show is called 'Code Geass',
the show was called like that because in the end lelouch would obtain both The 'Code' for immortals and 'Geass' wich he did when charles grabbed him. And for the ones who believe he is death, Lelouch transferred some of his memories to nunnaly wich only immortals can do (as shown by C.C in the beginning of season 2) that and the 'code for immortality'
is activated after the holder dies, wich happend. He had to get out of the picture somehow in order to live in peace, in order to do that he had to fake his death. And the person on the vehicle makes it even more obvious, Lelouch is alive that is basicley a fact.
This actually makes sense !
except that Im not too sure about the driver guy as I had the same thought as you just a few mins ago !
Gt_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:33   Link #993
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
You know, the one thing I don't get is... Jeremiah was obviously in on Lelouch's plan, but why? Was he seriously okay with Lelouch wanting to kill himself? If so, his loyalty is ridiculous.
He, like CC and Suzaku, understands Lelouch.

Actually, if anyone in the audience (us) understands Lelouch, would find this a satisfying ending. This is what Lelouch wants to do the most - recreate the world, bring stability and happiness to everyone, relieve others of their sins, and atone for his sins.

Those who did not like the ending probably don't know the real Lelouch - they see one of his countless masks and have been deceived by him.

Like I said, the only problem is with CC because she seems so sidelined towards the end. Too minor a role to play for a major character. This could have been solved with Lelouch traveling with CC at the end and calling her by her real name (re: Lawrence and Horo anyone? Maybe they can go sell some animal hide)
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:34   Link #994
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
another mystery when nunnally touch lelouch showing some part include suzaku getting zero mask?!

this is all another plan of lelouch to have her touch him to understand.

& greatest of all mysteries WTF happen during all of those TIME SKIP during the part after lelouch-suzaku-c2 at world c then lelouch's emperor, & the f'n ACT of lelouch's "whack" those TIME SKIP ARE REALLY HIDING TOO MUCH "SEC"RE:"T"
HE did say that she was the only person he wouldn't want to keep a secret to. That short flashback was enough for her to understand. And that redeemed Nunnally from her stupidity, in my book
Old 2008-09-28, 12:35   Link #995
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Ano...someone tell me, is XingKe still alive?
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:36   Link #996
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Not a bad way to end off this series, even if it meant the death of Lelouch. And the world did change for the better so SATISFACTORY ENDING GET(for Lelouch).

I am curious though, Lelouch was still hesitant to geass Nunnally until she somehow confirms that her train of though was parallel to that of Lelouch, that she wanted hatred to be directed at Damocles, whereas Lelouch wanted it to be directed at him. So he would have faltered had she had other ideas?

IMO, people are reading too much into the survival of Lelouch though, some of the scenes that seem to suggest that he survived are just plain shots, nothing more than that. Pan up of man driving the cart? Just a pre-focus part to C.C on cart. And C.C was looking up to the sky when she voiced out her thoughts, rather than the directing them to the driver.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:36   Link #997
NextTime

Oh man this episode was too much! So good. My favorite anime ever, Lelouch is my favorite character ever. God that was the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
He's prolly in the World of C.
I think C.C. meant that she became close to him, not that he is still alive.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:36   Link #998
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Ano...someone tell me, is XingKe still alive?
yea he is he didn't show up at the last epi
Old 2008-09-28, 12:37   Link #999
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Hello? Charles bled when Lelouch geassed him into shooting himself. Hell, right on episode 1 of r1 C.C bled like hell after that headshot
but his eyes sack turned pale.

Last edited by Utau; 2008-09-28 at 12:38. Reason: i sux at spelling. sleepy.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:38   Link #1000
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
And Charles got up a couple minutes later. I think all those people would have noticed Lelouch come back to life on that platform. Particularly Nunnally who was still grabbing on to Lelouch. But yeah, immortals do bleed though.