AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 74 39.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 26.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 13.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.66%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 23:07   Link #221
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The way he says things that are out of the ordinary and smiles like nothing is wrong in order to throw people off reminds me of yours truly.
So, you're saying that he reminds you of just how FABULOUS you are?

Old 2009-06-26, 23:23   Link #222
dnab
anime berkeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Moar like, "May I steal your girlfriend?" (Hilariously, that screencap makes it look like he's blowing into Kyon's ear. AHAHA.)

...I do wonder where people are getting the ItsuKyon vibes from that scene though. I mean, I wear my Slash Goggles with everything I watch and I really just didn't see it. Mayhaps someone can explain?
Boy-Love imageries completely intentional.

The idea is to skirt the boundary of suggestion but not crossing it. What a good, otaku approved animator does is to (use volleyball analogy) set up the ball and let the (doujin) fans hit it themselves. Now how many copies of an Endless Summer doujinshi featuring a shirtless Kyon and a open shirt Itsuki on the cover do you think will sell?

Comiket comes this August. Talk about riding the viral publicity.....
Old 2009-06-26, 23:28   Link #223
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
I really like how there's two discussions ITT:

1. Haruhi's boobs/Waifuuuu/fanservice crap
2. The String Theory

thank you, Japan.
Old 2009-06-26, 23:31   Link #224
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, you're saying that he reminds you of just how FABULOUS you are?

Perhaps.....
Old 2009-06-27, 00:16   Link #225
ReneeBurossamu

Mikuru seems like she's the only one who hasn't had the deja vu feeling or that she's even aware that the days are repeating until she doesn't get a response from the future.
Does that have to do with the fact that she's a time traveler or what? Or that Haruhi isn't "familiar" with Mikuru?

*cough* And another case where Mikuru seems like the only one in the group who's helpless and can't do much.
Old 2009-06-27, 00:36   Link #226
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
Mikuru seems like she's the only one who hasn't had the deja vu feeling or that she's even aware that the days are repeating until she doesn't get a response from the future.
Does that have to do with the fact that she's a time traveler or what? Or that Haruhi isn't "familiar" with Mikuru?

*cough* And another case where Mikuru seems like the only one in the group who's helpless and can't do much.
Mikuru doesn't tell anyone about the kinsoku jikou because its kinsoku jikou. She did check back with the kinsoku jikou to find out what kinsoku jikou is happening. She double checked with the kinsoku jikou in the end and found that the kinsoku jikou really can't be connected. Her fears of a kinsoku jikou really happened, that's why she gathered everyone that night.

She has deja vus like the others, but because its a kinsoku jikou, she has to keep quiet. But still in the end she realised that its useless, and that she can never return to the future, she confirms that a kinsoku jikou has taken place.

So actually she's the one who realised the truth of the entire kinsoku jikou, the others only have a hunch and have no real idea what's happening.

Of course not counting Yuki.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-27, 01:03   Link #227
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
I really like how there's two discussions ITT:

1. Haruhi's boobs/Waifuuuu/fanservice crap
2. The String Theory

thank you, Japan.
Methinks more like thank you to all those involved with SHnY. Maybe a mod could suggest another series that continuously spawns such a wide range of thread topics (the ontology thread is awesome) because I haven't run across any yet in my limited travels.

(Anyone who'd like a layman's guide to string theory should check out Nova's three parter "The Elegant Universe")

Given her competitive nature, I think it's only natural that Haruhi "reset" her bust size to more favorably match up to Mikuru.
Old 2009-06-27, 03:18   Link #228
Jintor

Wow. That ending really is kind of a shocking swerve.

TAKE THAT NOVEL READERS!
Old 2009-06-27, 03:43   Link #229
Jintor

By the way, there was one thing about the animation that really bugged me: eyebrows over hair.

One of my pet peeves.
Old 2009-06-27, 05:19   Link #230
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Mikuru doesn't tell anyone about the kinsoku jikou because its kinsoku jikou. She did check back with the kinsoku jikou to find out what kinsoku jikou is happening. She double checked with the kinsoku jikou in the end and found that the kinsoku jikou really can't be connected. Her fears of a kinsoku jikou really happened, that's why she gathered everyone that night.

She has deja vus like the others, but because its a kinsoku jikou, she has to keep quiet. But still in the end she realised that its useless, and that she can never return to the future, she confirms that a kinsoku jikou has taken place.

So actually she's the one who realised the truth of the entire kinsoku jikou, the others only have a hunch and have no real idea what's happening.

Of course not counting Yuki.
well that makes sense
Old 2009-06-27, 06:03   Link #231
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzon View Post
this ep was full of win because of all the new outfits for the girls and the moe level of haruhi and mikuru. plus the constant koizumi in kyon's face was win!! i really liked this episode and look foward to the next episode even if it will be another repeat of the theme..
You forgot the moe level of Yuki.
Old 2009-06-27, 06:04   Link #232
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Bear in mind that some of us don't give a damn about catgirls. Bring on the massacre.

Natch.

Is that right Skane? And here I thought I remembered that you liked catgirls from your days back in the channel.
Old 2009-06-27, 06:34   Link #233
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

I watched the episode on live jp tv website. There was a comment channel and...real fun, it was like I was watching it in the cinema where allows us to chat/scream/yell lol. That made the epi even better.
I didn't feel well when I saw to many people wanna hug *cough* my *cough* Yuki tho.
Old 2009-06-27, 07:09   Link #234
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
This episode managed to raise certain feelings in me I wasn't expecting until much later in the season, and that is truly an impressive feat. However, the knowledge that I'll have to struggle through a similar episode next week kills the rating.
7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Forte* View Post
I didn't feel well when I saw to many people wanna hug *cough* my *cough* Yuki tho.
. . . Ahem? The Great Goddess is not some object you can claim. While the thought of people wanting to put their arms around her may be disconcerting, please treat her with the dignity and respect she rightfully deserves.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-27, 09:46   Link #235
Jintor

It might just be me, but I think the jazz background music in the cafe during both Endless Eights is possibly based on some of the new BGM?
Old 2009-06-27, 11:46   Link #236
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

i thought this episode gave me so much to think about, it was just plain amazing episode. LOVE IT! can't wait for next week.
Old 2009-06-27, 12:02   Link #237
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

This Ep is amazingly good. So many nice screen that i probably will have to rewatch the whole Ep again later.

The screen where Haruhi give Mikuru's permission to wear that frog suit.... I have to rewatched like ten times seeing how godly cute Haruhi is. Then when they fell asleep next to each other.... that screen were just so adorable.

More detail comments will be on after rewatching this EP. But yeah, just finished Higurashi Rei Ep 3 yesterday and.....
Spoiler for Higurashi Rei Ep 3:
Old 2009-06-27, 12:05   Link #238
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Well it isn't the first time this was compared to Higurashi... probably won't be the last time, either
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-27, 12:07   Link #239
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Well it isn't the first time this was compared to Higurashi... probably won't be the last time, either
At least in Endless Eight
Spoiler for if you haven't watched Higurashi:
Old 2009-06-27, 12:14   Link #240
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@wittyusername: Oi!!! put that into spoiler =D

Actually Higurashi and Haruhi were so different in my mind that i categorized them into two sections clearly(so can't really compare these two). Can only related one to another

On another note, i think all of these Haruhiism start to get back into me, i feel uncomfortable to address Haruhi without any honorific.....