Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 16:59   Link #1441
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The ep. title for the next episode clearly implies that the fishing story is not going to take a full episode. I'd be surprised if it took more than half, to be honest.

I'm just glad the fishing story made it in. I don't know about the rest of you, but that is probably the most underrated chapter in the whole series. The part where Asuna and Nishida shared their stories was one of my favourite parts of the entire SAO.
So I looked at the ep 13 preview today...

Apparently... the whole episode is dedicated to FISHING!>????

That doesn't make sense with that title

Well... I guess it does... I mean... abyss... deep water is sorta an abyss... but c'mon, that's so anti-climatic
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 21:33   Link #1442
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
So I looked at the ep 13 preview today...

Apparently... the whole episode is dedicated to FISHING!>????

That doesn't make sense with that title

Well... I guess it does... I mean... abyss... deep water is sorta an abyss... but c'mon, that's so anti-climatic
Yes, the whole episode will be devoted to fishing, just like all of episode 10 was devoted to the duel with Heathcliff.

Seriously, they cut these previews to avoid spoilers. They have 9 chapters left to adapt, and at most three episodes they intend to do that in. More likely two. They're essentially guaranteed to cover up to at least the entrance of the floor 75 boss lair. More likely at least some of the fight.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 01:15   Link #1443
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Yes, the whole episode will be devoted to fishing, just like all of episode 10 was devoted to the duel with Heathcliff.

Seriously, they cut these previews to avoid spoilers. They have 9 chapters left to adapt, and at most three episodes they intend to do that in. More likely two. They're essentially guaranteed to cover up to at least the entrance of the floor 75 boss lair. More likely at least some of the fight.
You can save your sarcastic remark for somebody else. Seriously I'm not even trying to bash anything and I'm met with hostility.

I'm merely saying it feels kinda weird to have the first half talking about fishing and then jump right into that nasty fight on 75th floor. Unlike episode 10, where putting the duel and Kradeel's little incident together made a lot of sense, fishing and 75th floor back to back looked funny with the preview no matter how you look at it.

But hey, don't get me wrong, I'll happily take what I'm given. I have no complaints from getting a few LOL out of the occasional awkwardness.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 01:54   Link #1444
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
You can save your sarcastic remark for somebody else. Seriously I'm not even trying to bash anything and I'm met with hostility.

I'm merely saying it feels kinda weird to have the first half talking about fishing and then jump right into that nasty fight on 75th floor. Unlike episode 10, where putting the duel and Kradeel's little incident together made a lot of sense, fishing and 75th floor back to back looked funny with the preview no matter how you look at it.
But that's exactly how it happens in the book. And going from "Happy, happy, joy, joy," to "Holy crap, that boss just one shot killed three frontline players" is quite an easy tonal shift -- many series have done it within a single scene for shock effect. Having Kirito and Asuna return from their honeymoon to get thrown into a serious battle is a perfectly fine dramatic shift.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 05:23   Link #1445
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No need to fight. :P

Preview screens are out: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/539/539636/

The bottom screens basically confirm that the episode is not devoted to fishing.

-------

In other news, episode titles for ep15-17 are also available now!

Ep15 - Return
Ep16 - The Country of Fairies
Ep17 - The Captive Queen

Source:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Enjoy!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 05:33   Link #1446
sky black swordman

^ Hmm Yeah your right. So looks like ALO wil get 10 Eps.
Old 2012-09-27, 05:36   Link #1447
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Hmm Yeah your right. So looks like ALO wil get 10 Eps.
11. The show is 25 episodes in total. Kirito will probably enter ALO by the end of ep15, which will cover the first chapter of Fairy Dance.
Old 2012-09-27, 05:40   Link #1448
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
11. The show is 25 episodes in total. Kirito will probably enter ALO by the end of ep15, which will cover the first chapter of Fairy Dance.
Sorry about that a little sleepy.
That does sound right and it fits the Episode's title.
Old 2012-09-27, 07:13   Link #1449
Horse

Quote:
You sure it's not 26? Cosindering the first BD has 2 eps.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 07:25   Link #1450
AP24

Quote:
No need to fight. :P

Preview screens are out: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/539/539636/

The bottom screens basically confirm that the episode is not devoted to fishing.

-------

In other news, episode titles for ep15-17 are also available now!

Ep15 - Return
Ep16 - The Country of Fairies
Ep17 - The Captive Queen

Source:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Enjoy!
From the preview screens, chapters 18-21 will be covered. My guess is episode 13 will end at where the 75th boss first appears. Then in episode 14 the scene before the OP is them fighting the boss, chapter 22 starts after the OP and the episode ends at SAO arc's ending.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 07:27   Link #1451
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
You sure it's not 26? Cosindering the first BD has 2 eps.
Yes, I'm 100% certain about this. SAO was announced as a 25 episode 2-cour series. As for the BD/DVD release, the first volume is 2 episodes and the first press comes with an Aincrad Chapter box which will hold volumes 1-5 (ep1-14). They have not announced the contents of the future releases beyond volume 4 so far, but it is likely that volume 6 will also be 2 episodes, and come with a Fairy Dance Chapter box which holds volumes 6-9.
Old 2012-09-27, 08:03   Link #1452
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
From the preview screens, chapters 18-21 will be covered. My guess is episode 13 will end at where the 75th boss first appears. Then in episode 14 the scene before the OP is them fighting the boss, chapter 22 starts after the OP and the episode ends at SAO arc's ending.
That puts both battles in the same episode though. The main issue is the end scene with Kirito and Kayaba talking as that may be a bit too much to fit in there.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 08:35   Link #1453
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
That puts both battles in the same episode though. The main issue is the end scene with Kirito and Kayaba talking as that may be a bit too much to fit in there.
Or they can cover more in Ep. 13 ending it with the usual cliffhanger, either when the boss one-shots some of the frontliners or Heathcliff displaying an Immortal Object window.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 10:22   Link #1454
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Or they can cover more in Ep. 13 ending it with the usual cliffhanger, either when the boss one-shots some of the frontliners or Heathcliff displaying an Immortal Object window.
Well the 75th boss battle is actually very short which probably will take only 1 minute, and so it can end at the end of ep13 or beginning of ep14.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:24   Link #1455
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Oh wow this is great.

So it's pretty obvious what the episodes are about now. (Just reread ALO a week ago )

15 - Real Life Kazuto and Suguha bonding
16 - Dive into ALO and Sylph Country stuff
17 - Oh wow Kirito vs. General Eugene. Gotta be a badass duel.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:34   Link #1456
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
God, the second half will make me cry again.. the search for love again!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:56   Link #1457
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Oh wow this is great.

So it's pretty obvious what the episodes are about now. (Just reread ALO a week ago )

15 - Real Life Kazuto and Suguha bonding
16 - Dive into ALO and Sylph Country stuff
17 - Oh wow Kirito vs. General Eugene. Gotta be a badass duel.
I don't think it is possible to put everything of the Sylph Country stuff in one episode to have the fight between Kirito vs. General Eugene in episode 17.

We have the fight at the beginning with Kirito vs. the Salamander PKers, the situation with (I forgot his name) not wanting Lyfa to leave and the journey through the cave.

Episode 17 will probably have the first scene with Asuna and Sugou. in the birdcage prison
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 12:04   Link #1458
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Instead of episode 17, I think it's more suitable if Kirito vs Eugene is put in the beginning of episode 18 since the events before the fight are quite long.
Old 2012-09-27, 12:29   Link #1459
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Instead of episode 17, I think it's more suitable if Kirito vs Eugene is put in the beginning of episode 18 since the events before the fight are quite long.
They have five or six episodes to spend on Volume 3, so I doubt we'll get to the Eugene fight until episode 19, which would still give them six eps for Volume 4.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 17:36   Link #1460
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
They have five or six episodes to spend on Volume 3, so I doubt we'll get to the Eugene fight until episode 19, which would still give them six eps for Volume 4.
Knowing how fast anime's pace on the story currently, I doubt that Volume 3 will be that long when it gets into the anime. Kirito vs Eugene could be put at episode 18 as 15 ending and 16 is ALO introduction, 17 is telling us Asuna got locked up in the cage by Sugou and Kirito&Lyfa's journey to the World Tree, 18 will the continuous of it until the fight between Kirito and Eugene.