AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-21, 19:51   Link #1
ksblackcivic

Initial D Fourth Stage [Discussion]

This thread is for the discussion of the new Initial D Fourth Stage series. There is also a standalone translation available but please use the thread in the Fansub Groups forum to discuss aspects of that translation. For discussion about the new series, please use this thread.

I did this in my free time.

Here's the link to the other thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12141

Edit (in blue text) by Mod (xris)
ksblackcivic, thanks for creating the translation and for making it available to everyone but please don't cross post in different forums. The Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs not for announcements of this sort. Your post in the Fansub Groups forum was fine (alternately the General Anime forum would have been OK), but please don't post twice.

Instead of closing this thread, I'll rename it and make it the main Initial D Fourth Stage Duscussion thread.

Last edited by xris; 2004-04-22 at 02:50.
ksblackcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 22:07   Link #2
kamij0

thanks for the subs, bud i'll download the live evil version .. its out
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 01:26   Link #3
Tima
Konichiwa

I was just about to ask where i could get a more acurate sub version of ID stage 4. I'm going to download it once my other file completes.
Tima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 03:25   Link #4
Za Paper

I wasnt too impressed with the 1st ep, but I'm hoping it gets better. I hate miatas so maybe thats why I didnt like this ep either. The music also didnt seem as good as the other Initial D's. Ah well, maybe its good they only broadcast every 2 months.

BTW, did Move get a new lead singer or is it the same woman?
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 05:01   Link #5
tesla_rage

So how was it...? I am a big fan of Initial D... izzit worth the download time? Is takumi still there? i mean... is it GOOD????
tesla_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 06:54   Link #6
Tellu54
Banned

No, its utter crap.
20 minutes of pointless human interaction, then a car race. Koyasu Takehito's character utters some lines he stole from a Weiss Kruez script, then it ends. I've seen dumber animes in my time, but I think this is the first one of them to run into 4 seasons.
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 07:55   Link #7
death
Otaku~desu

Send a message via AIM to death Send a message via MSN to death
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
No, its utter crap.
20 minutes of pointless human interaction, then a car race. Koyasu Takehito's character utters some lines he stole from a Weiss Kruez script, then it ends. I've seen dumber animes in my time, but I think this is the first one of them to run into 4 seasons.
wow really smart but you know you need to keep yout thoughts to your self i guess. its just the anime you may not like, in witch me and alot of my friends enjoy it, one even owning a animestore. but yeah who cares, i thought it was good for a first episode , what you think it would just run into a full blown battel its been years sence thay had made one, you would have known what would happen if you would even read the manga, it does get better.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 09:07   Link #8
Squall69b
SKay - Tamah0me

Well...for a 1st ep...I think it wasn't that bad altho I havent seen the Live-Evil version yet...
Its downloading at home as I write this (I'm at school now.)

From what I've seen from the parody translation (well, the not so accurate one)...
I liked the 1st ep. I mean there wasn't that much action (racing), but I understand
that they have to introduce new and old characters (to NEW ppl to the series).

Even at the end of the Ep, there wasn't much racing. There was racing but mostly
in straight streets, I wanted to see sum actual drifts...lol. So far I havent really
seen if the CG is that much better. Well, the intro CG is really good, expecially the
two RX-7 drifting around the corner with the bushes, but that could just be done
for the intro. It does have higher resolution textures compared to the previous
series, but I need to see more to give it judgement. Lighting seems better then in
the older series.

Question:
Is it really going to be aired twice a month? That kinda sux for the cliffhanger moments.

Well...thats my two cents...lol. Go AE86, go!

PS: In the not so acurate translation (Frp2K4 <-- not sure if its right), I like the
comment about the Miata and all the mods to give it 10 or so horsepower. lol.
Cuz basically its true for those cars, the Miatas and Civics, not to mention all of
the domestic crap. I drive an 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD...so I can say this about
these cars...if you dont like it...just stop beside me at a red light and we'll see...lol.
Even if I was stock (even tho its not)...right now Im making around 270HP. Plus AWD baby.
Squall69b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 09:09   Link #9
Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla_rage
So how was it...? I am a big fan of Initial D... izzit worth the download time? Is takumi still there? i mean... is it GOOD????

The first Ep was all about getting Stage 4 of the ground and showing the viewers what had happened between Stage 3 and 4.
Loot of talk and it ends with the start of a race.
Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:35   Link #10
Edo

Initial D: 4th Stage Discussion!

First episode is out, suprised no one made a thread yet!

I have to say, the first episode is very slow and hopefully since it cut off at such a pivitol point, it will get a lot beter next episode.

The quality waws great and subbing seemed good as well. Music by Move was nice. Good stuff.

I hear that ID4 is going to only be 2 episodes a month? Anyways, I wouldn't mind a official ID section of the forums.
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:50   Link #11
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo
First episode is out, suprised no one made a thread yet!

I have to say, the first episode is very slow and hopefully since it cut off at such a pivitol point, it will get a lot beter next episode.

The quality waws great and subbing seemed good as well. Music by Move was nice. Good stuff.

I hear that ID4 is going to only be 2 episodes a month? Anyways, I wouldn't mind a official ID section of the forums.
Maybe you missed it... or just didn't try to look for it. But there is 2 or 3 Initial D threads already.

For future reference: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12142

An entire forum dedicated to Initial D... with only 2 real threads? Not likely.

Edit by NoSanninWa: Thread merged instead of closed.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:07   Link #12
KamelRed
I put the z0r in w00t.

Just watched ep 1 and I was left with a smile on my face. WOOHOO!

Its been so long sinced I watched Stage 3, I almost forgot about the whole Project D thing. Needless to say it was a pleasent surprise to see Stage 4 ep 1 translated when I woke up.
KamelRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:16   Link #13
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

if you aren't into car racing then don't watch it.. rather than watch and complain it is about car racing
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:00   Link #14
outlaw55
Banned

Great ep , but the audio was 150ms ahead of the video >.<....other than that it was GREAT!!!
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:03   Link #15
earthsfate

are you serious? it only broacast every 2 months?
earthsfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:16   Link #16
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I think evry 2 weeks is far more likely.
Old 2004-04-22, 15:22   Link #17
scingram

Ok, so since this is now the official thread for this, does anyone know how the [L - E&IDE] subs are for this? No more "Americanized" translations?
scingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:37   Link #18
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

The Live-Evil and Ideology translation is fine. Tokyopop is the one who americanized the names.
Old 2004-04-22, 15:55   Link #19
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
It's great to see Initial-D again!

I have read the manga up to Vol. 27... I think they'll probably stop at Vol 24 or 25.

I also wonder if they're going "rearrange" some of the story like they did in First Stage (and Second Stage? I can't remember).
Old 2004-04-22, 17:06   Link #20
Ducati_nut

Yahoo, the op and ed are the best they've ever been for this series. What I liked most is the way they created the cars. In the 4th stage the cars actually look like they belong in the initial D universe. The first couple of seasons, the cars looked way out of place and strikingly different from everything else on screen.
Ducati_nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sports