AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 06:55   Link #861
FateAnomaly

They can price it any amount they want. It doesn't mean anyone actually buys them. Those exotics are only worth 50s for their skin.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 07:15   Link #862
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I am really starting to get disheartened by the amount of bugs in this game though. Can't get the balthasar karma armor I am going for because the event has been bugged for the entire 2 weeks I've been 80. Can't finish Sparkfly Fen because of one skill point that has been bugged even longer. Couldn't finish the CM dungeon because of a door that bugged and wouldn't open. Couldn't run a dungeon with a guest from another server because it wouldn't recognize her as being in our party, despite her having run multiple other guest instances earlier that day. I am pretty patient but some of these are starting to reach game-breaking status for me as they're directly preventing me from doing what I want to. It's not something I'll quit over but I really hope these things get fixed soon.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 08:04   Link #863
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I wouldn't be playing tonight because I already played through the whole of last night, and I have to work.

Gained 10 levels from 42-52 in a single night. Overkill FTW.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 13:54   Link #864
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Is anyone else having the problem in which objects such as flags flicker in their texture. for example when I see rags hanging from a ship in see and they are brown they flicker blue all over but when I am up close it disappears and shows as normal. I read other people had problems with something called black textures so I am wondering about it.
Tried lowering the settings which doesn't help, I never had this problem with any other of my games and have kept a keen eye on temps which are save. Using a GTX 280

edit: Read on other forums that a lot of people are having the same problem.
I am using the latest drivers ofc. It is quite annoying really, takes away a lot of game beauty.

I also found out I can't log intot he forums of GW2, it gives me an error like You must allow cookies.. I have them enabled, tried turning off add block which didn't help and tried logging in on IE which gave a different error. Also annoying :/

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2012-09-28 at 14:19.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:42   Link #865
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I always vend my produce. Because I have no inventory space for them.
You mean the stuff you create or the ingredients? Usually you can sell the materials for a bit more on the Trading Post.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 18:28   Link #866
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I am really starting to get disheartened by the amount of bugs in this game though. Can't get the balthasar karma armor I am going for because the event has been bugged for the entire 2 weeks I've been 80. Can't finish Sparkfly Fen because of one skill point that has been bugged even longer. Couldn't finish the CM dungeon because of a door that bugged and wouldn't open. Couldn't run a dungeon with a guest from another server because it wouldn't recognize her as being in our party, despite her having run multiple other guest instances earlier that day. I am pretty patient but some of these are starting to reach game-breaking status for me as they're directly preventing me from doing what I want to. It's not something I'll quit over but I really hope these things get fixed soon.
As bad as it sounds, some of those bugs are pretty fluke-y to get in themselves.

As for the bolded points, I had CM do that to me my very first run, but every other run after that was fine. Also, I just finished Sparkfly Fen today. Not a bug to be seen (and about time too, I've been loitering around that area for 2 weeks now since I found out about the dragon. WHICH has yet to give me anything useful, even with MF%+).

On a different note, I finally hit 80 yesterday...it was actually a really quick jump from 76-80 for me since it was pure WvWvW exp. Got into since last week and am completely addicted. As fun as massive offensive or defensive battles are, nothing beats running with a small group and causing havoc on unsuspecting camps around the map.

EDIT: To add to that, if anyone needs a partner in crime for PvE'ing or dungeon runs, I'm game. At this point I'm just going to slowly finish the World Map anyways (if I'm not WvWing).
Old 2012-09-28, 18:51   Link #867
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post

EDIT: To add to that, if anyone needs a partner in crime for PvE'ing or dungeon runs, I'm game. At this point I'm just going to slowly finish the World Map anyways (if I'm not WvWing).
If you want to 100% Orr and are willing to guest onto my server I am down to do that anytime.
Old 2012-09-29, 05:44   Link #868
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
You mean the stuff you create or the ingredients? Usually you can sell the materials for a bit more on the Trading Post.
The stuff I create. I had like 30 lionguard swords which I just dumped with the vendor.

Speaking of which, Dagger-Pistol thief is an excellent PvP build. Drop in with Shadow Shot, and you can choose to switch to Sword-Pistol for some ridiculous Savage Wolf Fury damage - your condition damage becomes entirely useless because they would be dead before they even bleed out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-29, 18:42   Link #869
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I guess I'm the weirdo who likes long grinds. GW 2 is only "grindy" relative to other mainstream western MMOs. When I think back to the days of EQ, where I could go months between upgrading one piece of gear...lol.

As I watch Sword Art Online and sink back into the euphoric fog of nostalgia, a part of me would have loved it if GW 2 was the type of game where it took years to get to level 80, and maxing out one crafting skill took years as well.

I mean, there's still a lot to like for a person who enjoys grinding and "slowly" accumalating power and experience, but simple math and extrapolation puts me at probably another two months-max of me enjoying my time in this game before I've essentially done and accomplished "everything", and I've been playing pretty casually after the first three weeks.

I long for the days when an MMO sucked you in and became a second life, I guess.

If only EVE Online wasn't a game where you're pretending to be a spaceship, and wasn't boring as shit. Because the general principle behind being able to slowly accrue power, etc, even in today's instant gratification gaming space, has always been appealing to me.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 23:27   Link #870
JokerD

Guild Wars 2: The Kotaku Review

I agree with a lot of points in this actually, they managed to make a game where (in PVE) the other players are not a bother and that events are ones where you hope there's other players rather than going solo.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 11:54   Link #871
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
We had most of the map in WvW and all 3 orbs until someone from Gate of Madness decides to

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Then they had all 3 orbs with every other alter broken and unusable.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Madness/first
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 12:07   Link #872
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

They couldn't wait until it was their prime time on their server to win the map so some cheated. I'm on Tarnish coast and I thought they got the map fairly, till I heard about this sadness.
Old 2012-10-01, 12:53   Link #873
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
We had most of the map in WvW and all 3 orbs until someone from Gate of Madness decides to

Images

Then they had all 3 orbs with every other alter broken and unusable.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Madness/first
This is garbage. Just do a hard reset since it is the start of the month.

Though I lose my 17 killstreak count since last night.

Old 2012-10-01, 13:43   Link #874
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Saintess, are you on SoS? I forgot who was on it. Because us Toasters are on the edge of our seats. The score is so back and forth with one server with 6~8k score lead and then completely reversed.

I can't get my 100% Map Completion, arghhhh so close! the skill point in Metrica Province is bugged for me. Does guesting work yet? I don't want to transfer servers just to find an unbugged version of that skill point.
Old 2012-10-01, 18:15   Link #875
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Saintess, are you on SoS? I forgot who was on it. Because us Toasters are on the edge of our seats. The score is so back and forth with one server with 6~8k score lead and then completely reversed.

I can't get my 100% Map Completion, arghhhh so close! the skill point in Metrica Province is bugged for me. Does guesting work yet? I don't want to transfer servers just to find an unbugged version of that skill point.
The game is still full of bugs. There are some locations which are FUBAR and require some tweaking.

I PM-ed you my IGN. Add me.

Old 2012-10-02, 06:31   Link #876
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Oh yesterday's patch was terrible, I couldn't log in. It said my account was invalid, and after restarting my client, it starts saying my password was wrong which I know it is not. I reset my password and it says I need at least 8 characters, but it wouldn't let me set a new password that is over 8 characters, it has to be EXACTLY 8 characters.

Then I log in finally and it says "This server is full" and closes my client -.-

Then I retry and I'm in. But still, WTF?

Sea of Sorrows and Tarnished Coast so hardcore we have 30vs30 fights with siege equipment over a random doorway:
Images
Are we going to have territorial dispute over the lake island as well? ^__^"
Old 2012-10-02, 06:41   Link #877
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I'll say it was terrible. They nerfed my constant Charr falling sound feature (yes, nerf, and yes, feature).

I don't think anyone here who's on SoS actually does WvW though so you probably won't be hearing any tales from the other side of these epic battles haha. (I think Saintess transferred off unless that name he posted earlier in this thread and I have on my friends list isn't actually him).
Old 2012-10-02, 13:16   Link #878
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm playing as a Norn Warrior on Sea of Sorrows named "Hoovesahoy". But I'm mostly a low level, since I finally fixed the problem due to someone's advice here.
Old 2012-10-02, 17:02   Link #879
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I'll say it was terrible. They nerfed my constant Charr falling sound feature (yes, nerf, and yes, feature).

I don't think anyone here who's on SoS actually does WvW though so you probably won't be hearing any tales from the other side of these epic battles haha. (I think Saintess transferred off unless that name he posted earlier in this thread and I have on my friends list isn't actually him).
I am still on SoS. Though I only play 16h on my off days.

Old 2012-10-02, 19:40   Link #880
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've done a few WvW matches, but I'll admit I have no idea what was going on.