AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-15, 20:24   Link #2841
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dommel's flagship on the cover looks nice.
Old 2013-10-19, 06:53   Link #2842
macdawson

Rumours have been around that volume 7 would bring a few surprises, tweaks made to the animation that were impossible to complete before the episodes made it to the theatre or TV. The TV broadcast and Bandai Channel movie edit had a few scenes added to episode 25. But that's not the end as the episodes that come out next week have further alterations. And some are quite big. Curious? Check it out. Even if you can't read japanese, the visual are quite compreensive.

http://cocoon0901.blog.eonet.jp/defa...bdtv-2d88.html
Old 2013-10-20, 00:49   Link #2843
calubin_175

They didn't fix up the faces at the beginning of episode 24?

Anyway, I was looking at the specs of the Cosmo Zero and Cosmo Falcon, and realised that they're still using machine guns as opposed pulse lasers as their primary weapon. In addition, as with almost all fighters in the Yamato franchise, they have a secondary weapon called a "machine cannon", with 3 ports situated on each side of the Cosmo Falcon fuselage, and one on the nose of the Cosmo Zero. The Cosmo Zero profile states that it is powerful enough to penetrate a tank as demonstrated in the plot.

Does that mean the machine cannon is usually reserved for heavier targets, such as heavy aircrafts and land vehicles?
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 05:25   Link #2844
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
They didn't fix up the faces at the beginning of episode 24?

Anyway, I was looking at the specs of the Cosmo Zero and Cosmo Falcon, and realised that they're still using machine guns as opposed pulse lasers as their primary weapon. In addition, as with almost all fighters in the Yamato franchise, they have a secondary weapon called a "machine cannon", with 3 ports situated on each side of the Cosmo Falcon fuselage, and one on the nose of the Cosmo Zero. The Cosmo Zero profile states that it is powerful enough to penetrate a tank as demonstrated in the plot.

Does that mean the machine cannon is usually reserved for heavier targets, such as heavy aircrafts and land vehicles?
Off the top of my head, the Zero's cannon is used to blow up the tanks and their transport ship in episode 4 and the Garlent in episode 20. It may have been used more throughout the series but those are the examples that come to mind.
Old 2013-10-20, 16:46   Link #2845
calubin_175

After rewatching episode 20, I could tell that the Falcon's cannon is probably just longer range and wider than its gun, while the Zero's Cannon is for range and power.

2ch has stated that according to a staff member, Bandai wants to release the Domelaze III but will need to see how the sales of the Gaiperons go.
Old 2013-10-20, 20:37   Link #2846
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Megahouse Yamamoto. Seriously sexy...and awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRGnayiEHKE
Old 2013-10-21, 06:45   Link #2847
calubin_175

A lot of the audience actually raised their hands when Izubuchi asked who will buy the 1/1000 Desula II and Domelaze III if it comes out.

At he moment they're being planned but the project plan has yet been passed in Bandai.
Old 2013-10-21, 11:39   Link #2848
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dessler's flagship. With or without the Command Cruiser? Due to the Command Cruiser coming out soon the battleship could come either way.

Dommel's ship is already known to be modeled, so the only remaining cost is the box art and such.
Old 2013-10-21, 13:10   Link #2849
macdawson

I'm guessing they'll release the weapons platform as a standalone kit. That keeps the cost down and helps sales of the Independent Core Ship.
Old 2013-10-21, 19:33   Link #2850
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Do we have any indication of how the other sets are selling? Those that are not battleship Yamato itself I mean.
Old 2013-10-22, 01:27   Link #2851
calubin_175

Can't really say but I can tell from Amiami that Garmilas Sets 1 and 2 are always on backorder. All in all, everything is still readily available as expected of any Bandai model kit.

Mecha Colles tend to go very quickly after each reissue.

According to Amazon, 1/1000 Yamato is currently ranked 215 for hobby in general, 3rd for space ships and 33rd for sci-fi plastic models. Garmilas Set 1 is ranked 1025 for general hobby. Darold is 911.
Old 2013-10-22, 14:55   Link #2852
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I seem to recall that the old tri-deck carriers use to be fairly popular. Also that thay are prominent in a major battle helps with that. But also some people just liking the design. So I imagine the new versions of those carriers will sell as well as the Darold, though some might only by the first kit and not all three. Though in this case they can get one of each and not have to paint them, unless they want a green carrier, which could be a recolor of the middle standard carrier (the purple one).
Old 2013-10-23, 22:00   Link #2853
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Anyone getting their shipping notifications for Volume 7?
Old 2013-10-23, 23:15   Link #2854
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I have. It should be at home Monday. Hopefully someone will be there to sign for it as I will be on my way home from Oregan that day.
Old 2013-10-24, 00:27   Link #2855
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Just got mine too.
Old 2013-10-24, 19:41   Link #2856
August138

After a couple of days of non-delivery, because of an incorrect zip code, I finally received my copy of the theater-exclusive Blu-ray of Vol. 7... Yes, there are a lot of differences between this final edition in regards to the TV and Movie version, perhaps too many to list here (I'm sure that Luis will tackle this most excellently). One of the things I dug was the prologue to Episode 26, with a nice montage and narration by Yuria Misaki. Magnificient, although the teaser trailer for the upcoming 2014 feature film was nowhere to be found...
Old 2013-10-24, 20:00   Link #2857
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I believe I have successfully delayed DHL until Tuesday, as they were saying they would deliver it Friday, when I couldn't get it. Amazon.jp was expecting delivery on Monday, but somehow DHL was thinking they could do one - two day delivery from Japan.
Old 2013-10-25, 04:01   Link #2858
calubin_175

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/yatasith/68341420.html

Meltoria class has a Darold styled hangar gate.
Old 2013-10-25, 11:30   Link #2859
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Makes one wonder how many plaes it carries to have a hanger like that.

On the other hand, we have no idea how many planes a Darold can carry either.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:24   Link #2860
calubin_175

The old Yamato hangar was said to hold 40 Black Tigers, but if you actually calculate the total theoretical volume of the 40 fighters, it won't fit inside the tiny hangar.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=35141013

I am not sure if there was even anime equivalent screenshot. Even the 1/625 Yamato models had fighters which were smaller than 1/625 scale in order to kind of fit.

Can anyone confirm whether the 2199 Cosmo Falcon's revolver docking device is actually theoretically feasible to fit in the 333m Yamato? Are the Cosmo Falcons on the 1/1000 Yamato really to scale?

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato