AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 13:30   Link #1081
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Scary thought- with people comparing Lelouch to Jesus, what if in Code Geass his death created some sort of religion?

... let us hope that never happens (but fanfic might do it; they seem to do everything)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:30   Link #1082
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai View Post
Lelouch isn't dead. Notice how the scene focus on the pink crane at the end...a crane in Japanese usually means a wish has been made. That wish I guess was fulfilled when CC was in the Church praying for LULU to NOT die...Lulu is the cart driver.

This ending was made for all POV. People who wanted Lulu to die are satisfied, and people who didn't want Lulu to die are also satisfied because we have enough evidence to believe that LUlu is still alive and indeed...riding that cart.
I love how they left the ending as open for interpretation. Good series end this way. My POV on the ending is that I don't think Lelouch is dead. Reason being, thats really the only way you can get a good sense of closure for the series. What it really boils down to is that whether or not Lulu obtained R2. If he did, he'd be immortal. Notice when C2 says "The power of the kings isolates people.. or not quite like that... Right Lelouch?". Having the code still doesn't allow you to talk to dead people but the way she said it (refer to Marianne) lets you know she did lose it.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:31   Link #1083
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
At any rate, Lelouch died for our sins! Oh shi-, he must be Jesu- XD
rofl. xD

Ah, well, I agree that Lelouch is probably still alive somewhere. Err... or Nunally is some kind of seer now, but I doubt it.
Also, it would be cruel to let C.C endure eternity without him. Can't see her saying her last lines in the anime with Lelouch being dead. It just wouldn't make sense.
But for the reasons I already meantioned, I really don't care all that much. Either way is fine, even though I'd like C.C to be truly happy like everyone else.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:33   Link #1084
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Why do i get the feeling that even if someone does an interview with Taniguichi or someone, we still won't get an answer to whether he's dead or alive?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:33   Link #1085
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Why do i get the feeling that even if someone does an interview with Taniguichi or someone, we still won't get an answer to whether he's dead or alive?
this is truth.
They left it open for a reason.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:34   Link #1086
AdvocatesConspirator

CC gave the code to lelouch and lelouch gave it to suzaku when he was on the verge of death. As the "curse" Suzaku will live on forever and its his responsibility to keep peace on earth as the world of c desires. I don't understand how you all think he's still alive even after the subs came out
AdvocatesConspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:35   Link #1087
RevRayCool

When Nunnaly touches Lelouch's hand, we get a little scene where she seems to see Lelouch's memories with Suzaku.

Possible hint that he has an immortality code?
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:37   Link #1088
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Scary thought- with people comparing Lelouch to Jesus, what if in Code Geass his death created some sort of religion?

... let us hope that never happens (but fanfic might do it; they seem to do everything)
please besides i read others forums mention a certain GS yamato & religion jesus cause some know geass is bizarro world GS.

& if there will be a movie/ova/spinoff/r3 well goro & ichiro YOU F'N REALLY EXPLAIN THE "RE:"AL TRUTH OR ANIME FANS WILL GET YA!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:38   Link #1089
kittybear

Three dates that will remember for the rest of my life :
9/11
9/28 - Lelouch death
9/30 - Nia's death
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:38   Link #1090
thedonkiluminati

So finally got around to watching the episode hoping that it would change my opinion of the events. It did slightly. Lelouch's death was done very well. But that's about the only thing I can credit this episode for.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:38   Link #1091
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
When Nunnaly touches Lelouch's hand, we get a little scene where she seems to see Lelouch's memories with Suzaku.

Possible hint that he has an immortality code?
as stated earlier the little images were not accompanied by the usual effects it comes with.
And the to throw more doubt it was Nunnally who touch his hand.
She had some strange power that she can touch peoples hand and find out the truth.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:38   Link #1092
Z498

Quick question, in the picture of the wedding, who the hell is the pink haired girl at the bottom right?
Z498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:39   Link #1093
masterwok

I wish they would have kept lelouch alive, so he can be with his sister and be the push his sisters instead of suzaku. im suprised they killed off the main character, but they had to kill off someone to get rid of the blame for the distruction of the world.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:39   Link #1094
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z498 View Post
Quick question, in the picture of the wedding, who the hell is the pink haired girl at the bottom right?
It's the girl from the swimming club that is in the episode with the Cupid's Hat.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:41   Link #1095
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Wow nice, another fact that Lelouch is alive. C.C's immortal ability is to transfer thoughts to another person. Lelouch just did that with Nunnally... That closes the deal. Lelouch is alive. (Orange was smiling and ordered a retreat. They can dispose of Lelouch's body from there until he wakes up.)
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:42   Link #1096
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvocatesConspirator View Post
CC gave the code to lelouch and lelouch gave it to suzaku when he was on the verge of death. As the "curse" Suzaku will live on forever and its his responsibility to keep peace on earth as the world of c desires. I don't understand how you all think he's still alive even after the subs came out
LOL I don't understand Japanese ... I watched the subbed version.

And when did she exactly gave the code to Lelouch ?! and when did he transferred the code to Suzuki ? You know ... Code is not a Candy to just give it to anyone if you don't like it !
if it was this easy... C.c would have given her code to any random passing Person ! just to lift the curse of being an Immortal ! I'm sure its not that easy !
on the other hand Lelouch getting his code unknowingly from Charles actually makes sense ! There was PHYSICAL TOUCH between Lelouch and Charles and charles grabbed his neck with the Geass sign on the palm of his hand !
Gt_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:42   Link #1097
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
I think my heart stopped -- seriously though it's almost 3AM here and I stayed up just to finish watching Code Geass. I won't be getting much sleep tonight, damn it.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:43   Link #1098
manga852

shit finally over and the ending was satisfying lulu manipulated the whole world and only a hand full people realize it. well everybody is happy now and if he's still alive he's probably with his girl.
manga852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:43   Link #1099
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Wow nice, another fact that Lelouch is alive. C.C's immortal ability is to transfer thoughts to another person. Lelouch just did that with Nunnally... That closes the deal. Lelouch is alive. (Orange was smiling and ordered a retreat. They can dispose of Lelouch's body from there until he wakes up.)
what are you serious that lelouch is still alive?
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:43   Link #1100
KrimzonStriker

Ahhh its good to be back now that the ban is lifted. What can I say about this episode other then that I was feel... vindicated in my faith of Lelouch's character, I believed and found my interpretation of him to be the true one in the end, and as such it was all the sweeter to see my own beliefs in the future be brought about by him, I salute you Lelouch

Now of course, the question remains, is he still alive, and while I think it important that the question does remain as per Tanaguichi series I feel that under the current evidence supported and brought about by others, the context of the whole thing, that yes I personally do believe he is still alive, and if that is the case then it is highly likely that he is the cart driver towing C.C.

Three reasons actually, chiefly good old Jeremiah, he's a man with loyalty not to ideas anymore other then his code of chivalry and honor, and his whole reaction to the scene and his past actions. When once Lelouch acted erratically and made orders that put himself in danger, Jeremiah ignored it and placed his safety above all else during Turn 19, which provides a precedent. Also, for a guy who was so devoted he has the mark of assurance and confidence over either the grief of knowing the truth of who Lelouch really is or being fooled by his mask, I am of the opinion that he does in fact have reason to keep smiling in this sense. Also, at the same time, I feel the countryside context ending with him on the plantation with the followup of another countryside scene with C.C and the unknown cart driver leaves me more assured in this deduction.

Next, C.C, the first major part of this is in regards to her promise, of course from what we saw she was aware of all the details involved with Zero Requiem already beforehand, yet both she and Lelouch keep up this apparent dialogue about promises and his return to give her a smile. Why keep up the pretense on this aspect I wonder if that was not the case? Next we have the great context view of the cart scene, her dialogue as we know cannot be actually conversing with the dead over the World of C as already explained by Marianne about how she wasn't really dead but her lack of her body allowed her communication. Thus, only two things are viable, she is either simply speaking to herself or the cart driver, my reason to believe it is the cart driver derives from the fact that we never get to see his face in the first place but still get a close up shot of him nonetheless, and in the context of the scene where both the music stops and when she raises her voice on the "Eh/Right, Lelouch?" as if to make sure he can here her, it is the one part that draws the most significant attention throughout the dialogue.

Next, Nunnally, I'm sure you've all heard it before, but the memory transfer scene has only ever had one precedent beforehand in its example, and that was during interaction with a code giver/immortal. Something to keep of note.

Lastly, in terms of ambiguous endings I tend to always lean in favor of the direction in which contradicts the 'established' ending in the first place, least I wonder why they bother putting any of this at all unless to fuel doubt and add to suspicion of its context.

So anyway, 10/10 for the ending, 8/10 for the season as a whole, 9/10 for the entire series, and with one final say that I do believe Lelouch is still alive, and that I agree with what most people say concerning about how that doesn't diminish his sacrifice and his achievements in the slightest if he is. Overall, a superb finish to one of if not my all time favorite anime