AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 32 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 31.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-16, 12:54   Link #21
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
This was undoubtably the worst episode of the series yet. It's like... nothing happened. It was the first episode I felt like asking "Is this over yet?" Maybe it's because I'm sick and wanted to go to bed, but it just felt... poor. So, I'll vote it poor.
Well, to be fair...it was a set up episode. Had to set the stage up for the next arc. I'm sure it could have been better, but that's true for anything and everything.

And your cold certainly didn't help. So rest up and get well soon.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:23   Link #22
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Yep. Everyone has something to contribute to the story. Minor character don't just exist for the sake of supporting the main characters. That's one of the reasons why FMA is awesome, and why people say the first series really ruins the characters.
When was something like this said?

1st season was awesome!
Old 2009-11-16, 16:10   Link #23
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, to be fair...it was a set up episode. Had to set the stage up for the next arc. I'm sure it could have been better, but that's true for anything and everything.

And your cold certainly didn't help. So rest up and get well soon.
Aww, thanks. <3 That smilie is awesome, btw. XD

And I always say, set ups are still boring as they are. Then again, the last arc lasted something like... 14 episodes. >.> At least to a non-manga reader like myself who hated the original and decided to watch it until she got bored just to see the pretty HDness, an then wound up liking it. <.<
Old 2009-11-16, 16:20   Link #24
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Aww, thanks. <3 That smilie is awesome, btw. XD

And I always say, set ups are still boring as they are. Then again, the last arc lasted something like... 14 episodes. >.> At least to a non-manga reader like myself who hated the original and decided to watch it until she got bored just to see the pretty HDness, an then wound up liking it. <.<
Really? I love even the set-up episodes; they're well done and I like the building story and character development, you know? I'm not the kind of anime watcher who only likes non-stop action, so maybe that's it... I think FMA has good breaks between the action.
Old 2009-11-16, 17:01   Link #25
Vicious108

Set-up episodes are fine. Set-up episodes with almost half of the episode consisting of filler are a different story. That's probably why you found it to be boring, Kristen.

They should've gotten to Briggs with this episode, then it'd have been a fine set-up episode. Covering only 22 pages of the manga though, results in a way too slow pacing. Which was the last thing I'd dreamed to ever see in Brotherhood.
Old 2009-11-16, 19:10   Link #26
yajra03

this is one of the best episode in brotherhood. i love the comedy and the conversation between the fuhrer and the fullmetal alchemist. even w/o action, i appreciate it. well thats why i think fmab is much better than other shonen anime which is every episode has a nonsense action, while fmab is a mix of action and emotion.
Old 2009-11-16, 19:35   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajra03 View Post
well thats why i think fmab is much better than other shonen anime which is every episode has a nonsense action
There's not a shounen anime like that at all.
Old 2009-11-16, 19:36   Link #28
yajra03

well there is

"nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back"
Old 2009-11-16, 19:40   Link #29
GaimeGuy

I admit it was slow, and there were a few too many scar chase scenes, but I did like this episode for the added material with Bradley showing up during Ed's visit at his home, as well as the added material with Kimblee figuring out where Scar was heading. You really could feel the tension once Bradley showed up, and you could really get a feeling that Kimblee had a militaristic intuition that few others could rival
Old 2009-11-16, 20:11   Link #30
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I also enjoyed this episode. Scar is on the run again.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-11-18, 02:59   Link #31
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

I liked the episode.
Wasn't exciting, but it wasn't cheesy.

I can't stand cheesy action/comedy simply for the sake of filling time.

It went along at a decent pace, and they made sure to sprinkle a little action here and there.

I decided not to read the manga, but I watched the original anime years ago.

I had stuff on islands and fake babies and all this weird crap. Did the anime catch up with the manga so they decided to write their own material for all future episodes? Because in addition the eye candy, this brotherhood fma is far superior story wise to the original
Old 2009-11-18, 09:26   Link #32
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
I liked the episode.
Wasn't exciting, but it wasn't cheesy.

I can't stand cheesy action/comedy simply for the sake of filling time.

It went along at a decent pace, and they made sure to sprinkle a little action here and there.

I decided not to read the manga, but I watched the original anime years ago.

I had stuff on islands and fake babies and all this weird crap. Did the anime catch up with the manga so they decided to write their own material for all future episodes? Because in addition the eye candy, this brotherhood fma is far superior story wise to the original
That's exactly what happed with the first series.
Old 2009-11-18, 12:38   Link #33
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Bradley talking about family is enough to send chills down your spine, espc the double meaning for it (and by that I mean Homoculi family). But I knowing what the brothers know and the look on Ed's face, Al's response that they normally only see him at his work fit perfectly. The scne was creepy in a nice way. A very layered scene.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-11-18, 15:29   Link #34
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

King Braddo'rri is a manly man!
Old 2009-11-20, 00:54   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Did the anime catch up with the manga
Nope, not even close.
It's around half way through the manga.

I don't mind them adding or changing here and there, although the choice on what they added as opposed to some of what they decide to cut (like half of everything at Ishvalan war) is a bit questionable.
The standard of what's decided to be cut/add seems almost inconsistent, perhaps it's not a choice made by just the main director, and several different intentions/interest are at play.
Old 2009-11-22, 07:59   Link #36
Kanish

Nice ep! No where near as flashy or powerful as the previous one but satisfactory none the less. It's always nice watching the boys and the Fuhrer get together. Makes things nice and awkward.
Old 2009-11-22, 15:16   Link #37
OkamiNoKaze

I liked this episode. I was hoping Cheska would turn up. this time to show him where the Eastern Alchemy books were. Armstrong appearing over the shelves was awesomely hilarious. So this Major General Armstrong is introduced, that's not the daughter Havok met in the old series is it?
Old 2009-11-22, 16:00   Link #38
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I liked this episode. I was hoping Cheska would turn up. this time to show him where the Eastern Alchemy books were. Armstrong appearing over the shelves was awesomely hilarious. So this Major General Armstrong is introduced, that's not the daughter Havok met in the old series is it?
Nope, that's his younger sister. She actually exists in the manga, too, but in an omake, I think.

Olivier's his older sister. She's badass.
Old 2009-11-22, 20:38   Link #39
GaimeGuy

His younger sister catherine appears in both an omake (Which was adapted into part of episode 37 or 38 I think it was of the first anime) and in a scene in chapter 83.

There are five armstrong children. Olivia is the oldest, Catherine is the youngest, and Alex is the 2nd youngest (and the only male among the 5). The other 2 sisters don't appear ever.
Old 2009-12-06, 21:55   Link #40
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode XXXII: The Führer President's Son

Bradley was quite clear and straight with his message towards the Elric Brother.
Spoiler:

And we the quite adorable Selim Bradley googing about how great his Father is to the Amestris people, and how he wants to be useful for him.

Pity, Selim-chan, Daddy sees you as a roach just like he does for the rest of humanity or, at least, to the Amestrians.

Now, we have Kimbley in hot pursuit of both Scar and Marcoh as they head on towards their destination, and both Ed and Al will get their temperatures dropping below at the North.
Closed Thread