AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-07, 05:23   Link #81
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That specially bugs me, i'm wondering if Cypha can block the attack because it is created by Agito(even if it's Signum the one who throwed it), or because the attack was made it up into a spell(Homming fireballs are not really something called "natural"), my guess is that Agito don't have a real conversion affinity but instead an excelse ability to cast magical fire, that also made me wonder of what happen if she will be attacked with the RAW element(a stream of fire without any shape or manipulation). Well it's still a supposition because after the "multi-fire" attack failed Signum try to go directly for the "cutting" meaning that maybe she realizes that any magic manipulation would be useless. (nothing to do with the topic but i'm wondering just how awesome Signum will be against any non "Huckebein" opponent with her now having a new array of ranged, multi-target spells, something she almost completely lacks in the past).
Old 2010-08-07, 05:35   Link #82
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt88 View Post
Was the TotNS deliberately changed into the BoD, or was it accidentally corrupted? I seem to remember the latter being the case.
No, purposely. Though the exact details are unknown, it was altered to become a weapon rather than a tool for study.
Old 2010-08-07, 05:52   Link #83
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Was the TotNS deliberately changed into the BoD, or was it accidentally corrupted? I seem to remember the latter being the case.
Both, actually. Some mage tampered with it, but not with the intention of turning into something as useless, unstable and dangerous as the Book of Darkness. Most likely something just went terribly wrong in the process

Can someone remind me what is the one that's considered a Lost Logia even in the age of Old Belka?
Old 2010-08-07, 05:56   Link #84
Gaunt88

Ah, OK. I thought it was corrupted over time after the fall of belka, due to lack of maintenace or whatever, but its been a while since I've watched A's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Can someone remind me what is the one that's considered a Lost Logia even in the age of Old Belka?
Wasn't that the Saint's Cradle?

Anyway, my personal favorite peice of speculation (I can't take credit for it, I read it on Tvtropes' Wild Mass Guessing page for Nanoha) is that Precia Testarossa was a Dark Magical Girl like Fate in her youth. She was befriended by another magical girl, only to either fall out with her or see her killed - hence her spiral into obsession and violence.
It gives a nice "Making up for the last generation's mistakes" vibe to the anime, and sounds like a really good idea for a fanfic.
Old 2010-08-07, 06:06   Link #85
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Wasn't that the Saint's Cradle?
Really? Interesting, considering the Force prologue shows us some similar shaped ships in the background. Reverse-engineered I guess...

Quote:
Anyway, my personal favorite peice of speculation (I can't take credit for it, I read it on Tvtropes' Wild Mass Guessing page for Nanoha) is that Precia Testarossa was a Dark Magical Girl like Fate in her youth. She was befriended by another magical girl, only to either fall out with her or see her killed - hence her spiral into obsession and violence.
It gives a nice "Making up for the last generation's mistakes" vibe to the anime, and sounds like a really good idea for a fanfic.
That reminds me of a theory I once wrote there. Might as well bring it here:
The True Tome of Night Sky was already destroyed before the rise of Belka.
The one encountered in the series is merely a copy created by Old Belkan scientists, inspired by its concept, using incomplete ancient schematics. It failed its intended function not because of sabotage but of imperfect design and manufacture. The white haired lady form was taken from the scientist who were absorbed at its testing phase.

...crazy one, I know
Old 2010-08-07, 06:18   Link #86
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
Interesting idea, but it's directly contradicted by canon. As seen in A's, Alicia's memories of Precia show her as a kind, loving mother. The obsessive, violent nature only manifested itself after Alicia died. Unless of course we consider the possibility that Precia altered Alicia's memories when she implanted them in Fate, which would kinda defeat the purpose of the exercise...
Old 2010-08-07, 06:21   Link #87
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Here's a theory I have...

The Eclipse and Dividers were created as a way to combat the Book of Darkness.

But, sadly, the madness Eclipse users have and how few they have, it made it pretty useless.

*Shrugs* Just a thought in my head.
Or they could be the main villain behind the corruption of the sister book?

Ideas, ideas ...
Old 2010-08-07, 06:36   Link #88
Gaunt88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
The True Tome of Night Sky was already destroyed before the rise of Belka.
The one encountered in the series is merely a copy created by Old Belkan scientists, inspired by its concept, using incomplete ancient schematics. It failed its intended function not because of sabotage but of imperfect design and manufacture. The white haired lady form was taken from the scientist who were absorbed at its testing phase.
hah, I remember that one! 'Tis a good WMG, although then someone made an Evangelion connection, which led to someone else posting the words "Giant Naked Rein".

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Interesting idea, but it's directly contradicted by canon. As seen in A's, Alicia's memories of Precia show her as a kind, loving mother. The obsessive, violent nature only manifested itself after Alicia died. Unless of course we consider the possibility that Precia altered Alicia's memories when she implanted them in Fate, which would kinda defeat the purpose of the exercise...
D'oh. Damned canon! =P
Old 2010-08-07, 14:32   Link #89
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Might as well made this an official(?) question: What is the motive behind the creation of the Book of the Silver Cross, and what is it's current objective?

My guess is that it was imperfect, in that it was supposed to buff up their soldiers without the nasty side effects. But whoever made it was on the verge of loosing, so they decided to release the imperfect model anyway, just for spite. And so the Book of the Silver Cross only have one objective: Infect and Conquer.
Old 2010-08-07, 14:34   Link #90
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Huh, sounds like Ix all over again. Once again showing that the only thing worse than supersoldier projects is biological weapons that turn people into supersoldiers.
Old 2010-08-07, 14:54   Link #91
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Huh, sounds like Ix all over again. Once again showing that the only thing worse than supersoldier projects is biological weapons that turn people into supersoldiers.
Well, somewhat. IIRC, the one that modified Ixpellia with the Mariage never considered it a failure, it's poor Ix that felt that way. But yeah, the theory is basically Book of Darkness meets Mariage
Old 2010-12-01, 21:35   Link #92
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
You know, officially Shamal was 24 in A's, Signum was 19 in A's and Vita was 10 in A's, right?

How did they choose those numbers?

My guess?

Hayate groped all three of them and decided based on the fullness, softness firmness of each set of breasts...

Except for Vita, she had to grope her butt to figure it out.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-12-02, 01:14   Link #93
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

If they were supposed to have been real people once, that could have been the ages they were when they were absorbed into the Book.

...Wait; Signum was supposed to be 19? I assumed she was up in the Lindy Harlaown range!
Old 2010-12-02, 02:39   Link #94
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I knew Signum had an official age of 19 but I always figured Shamal was the same or younger, not older.
Old 2010-12-02, 02:43   Link #95
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I guess they wanted Shamal to be MILF-ish.

*shot*
Old 2010-12-02, 02:47   Link #96
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Relatedly I have trouble thinking of Signum as physically younger than Fate.

Gonna be real weird in ten or twenty years.
Old 2010-12-02, 10:25   Link #97
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It's curious because Signum's look has matured between A's and Strikers, don't believe me? watch any scene involving her from both seasons(specially fighting scenes), at first i've thinked that they finally are allowed to age but then i looked at Vita who remains exactly the same xDU(also Shamal's look hasn't changed that much beyond using a lab coat), so, Signum maybe use appearance altering magic to look older? and if that's the case? why the hell they don't use said magic on poor Vita xDU?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-12-02, 14:57   Link #98
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It's curious because Signum's look has matured between A's and Strikers, don't believe me? watch any scene involving her from both seasons(specially fighting scenes), at first i've thinked that they finally are allowed to age but then i looked at Vita who remains exactly the same xDU(also Shamal's look hasn't changed that much beyond using a lab coat), so, Signum maybe use appearance altering magic to look older? and if that's the case? why the hell they don't use said magic on poor Vita xDU?
Honestly, I like how Vita looks like especially by Nanoha FORCE.

She'll always be to me the hammer-wielding loli of justice. XD And, she's fine the way she is. Hopefully they'll keep her that way, it's part of her personality and look. Plus, no one will expect a loli to kick your ass with a giant hammer in the end (and knock you clear across the sky), right? lol
Old 2010-12-02, 15:03   Link #99
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Honestly, I like how Vita looks like especially by Nanoha FORCE.

She'll always be to me the hammer-wielding loli of justice. XD And, she's fine the way she is. Hopefully they'll keep her that way, it's part of her personality and look. Plus, no one will expect a loli to kick your ass with a giant hammer in the end (and knock you clear across the sky), right? lol
Considering how young the TSAB can get its recruits, getting your ass handed to you by a little girl is probably far more common than one would think.
Old 2010-12-02, 15:09   Link #100
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Considering how young the TSAB can get its recruits, getting your ass handed to you by a little girl is probably far more common than one would think.
Exactly.
Closed Thread