AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 00:28   Link #681
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hayamin went to a famous Catholic girls' school called White Lily Academy (Shirayuri Gakuen) from kindergarten into high school. The school could have been the model for the school in Marimite. I suspect she was involved in choir, even though her main focus was piano. In high school, she sometimes went to jazz singing classes her mother was taking.
Thanks for the info,I've always known you really liked her voice but didn't know this bit of info!
As for Ayahi , I agree her work with Kokia was great (and her performance as Ein in Phantom is my favorite acting performance by her as well)

The reason I gave that link rather than another song is that I always enjoy live performances more than recorded ones but if you've got live versions of her work with Kokia or of the SnO EDs I'd love to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
That's very impressive. Not only her singing voice (which is impressive itself), but the fact she sung the entire song in English without even a touch of Engrish, really.
Yeah while I doubt she can actually speak much of it she seems to have the accent down when she wants to,so it makes stuff like this all the more hilarious to me!
Old 2012-07-25, 00:30   Link #682
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
This has been a ... well ... refreshing series to watch, to be sure.

I enjoy all the 5 main characters, but I must admit that I still am baffled as to why the vice principal has such a bad attitude towards them all. :\
Old 2012-07-25, 09:57   Link #683
WooChan

If only I have the ability to spank an anime character I'll be giving that vice principal a lot. He can be rude but her attitude that she showed on the latest episode of the anime is disrespectful.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:21   Link #684
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
After re-watching the latest episode, I have to say that mismatched cheer is one of the greatest moments of all time.
That was indeed a great moment, I actually watched it again a few times when first watching the ep.
It just made me grin stupidly.

There's other moments like the singing exercises at the satrt then the guy chirps in and Sawa & Tanaka repeat afterwards

Really liking this series, good blend of nice sol with some drama, it's got balance so far.

I find myself on the Sawa X Tanaka ship, even better if we throw in a 3rd point, Konatsu!
Old 2012-07-26, 13:10   Link #685
Bombo
TSF Fans

I'm scared from next episodes ....I think in middle episodes will be more drama = \ Like True tears .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 13:38   Link #686
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Huh, what mismatched cheer?
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 06:03   Link #687
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 4 today:

Spoiler:

Liking the op and ed theme a lot.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-27 at 06:19.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:04   Link #688
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
The last Sawa's attempt to Konatsu's ass was a failure, Konatsu dodged it giving her the five instead.

@Bombo: I would bet that we won't have real romance/drama a la TT in this show, if anything it will stay on these tones.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 14:48   Link #689
InfiniteDistance

I'm not really getting the same vibe as in True Tears here, which is fine by me. For one, I hope we can have a slice of life without romance. The story does not seem to need it in any case.
Old 2012-07-28, 19:40   Link #690
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDistance View Post
I'm not really getting the same vibe as in True Tears here, which is fine by me. For one, I hope we can have a slice of life without romance. The story does not seem to need it in any case.
I'm feeling that the show needs something. Romance would do for me. Or something else that gives it a bit of a jolt. The Condor Queens part of the show hasn't done much for me, yet. New episode tomorrow (tonight, Japan time).

I certainly agree that this isn't much like True Tears, so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:20   Link #691
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm feeling that the show needs something. Romance would do for me. Or something else that gives it a bit of a jolt. The Condor Queens part of the show hasn't done much for me, yet. New episode tomorrow (tonight, Japan time).

I certainly agree that this isn't much like True Tears, so far.
It is most likely going to be drama in regards to Wakana and her mom later on the track and we've already had bits and pieces of it so far. So far we've had Konatsu and her "antics" in the spotlight, but she's slowly being relegated to the bench.

The last thing this series needs is a melodramatic love triangle. This was never True Tears, and it should never attempt to be. It would totally kill the tone. This is coming from a True Tears fanboy . Some romance on the side will be nice as long as it's for that "cutesy" or "daaaw" factor, but no melodrama over it please!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 01:43   Link #692
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
The last Sawa's attempt to Konatsu's ass was a failure, Konatsu dodged it giving her the five instead.

@Bombo: I would bet that we won't have real romance/drama a la TT in this show, if anything it will stay on these tones.
That's not it, it was right after Konatsu had informed the club they were able to get a stage. When she closed off with a "do your best!" everyone was supposed to yell "Yeah!". It just didn't work out so well, ha ha ha. Great moment.
Old 2012-07-29, 02:16   Link #693
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Megami scan:
Old 2012-07-29, 04:12   Link #694
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for Megami scan:
Thanks for sharing, it's really neat and cute! I'm so stealing that!
Old 2012-07-29, 07:36   Link #695
Ray
Garnet

Images
Other scan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:26   Link #696
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 15:33   Link #697
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

damn
this episode reminds me of my biggest sin I ever committed
orz

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 17:15   Link #698
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Having watched the raw version of episode 5 without understanding more that four or five words of the spoken Japanese, I get the impression that Sakai has always been a spoiled, rude, self-centered, mean-spirited brat. And, from the preview of episode 6, it looks to me like this anime is turning into the Sakai Soap Opera.

I just hope I'm wrong on both counts, or, at the very least, the latter. Sakai's been my least favorite character up 'til now, so liking her less won't make much difference to me. However, if her "story" hogs the rest of the episodes, I will be sorely disappointed.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 18:21   Link #699
Dextro
He Without a Title

Tari Tari uses dorama.
Critical hit!
It's super effective!

Damn that was a great episode. The drama was up by quite a notch, Sawa-chan had a flag triggered with the badminton guy (yes, I forgot his name and yes, there's a Sawa-chan harem imho) and to top if off she had a very sexy pose right there. Konatsu got trolled as required and Wien was Wien rounding off the episode

The only thing missing was some more epic fashion sense by Sawa-chan but the drama and the wonderful voice of Oohara Sayaka (Alicia-san!!) playing Wakana's mom was more than enough to make this one of (if not the) best episode of the show so far. Way to go P.A. Works.

PS: btw I'm calling a troll on the next episode preview
Old 2012-07-29, 18:29   Link #700
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

And Tari Tari retakes the lead. Excellent episode. There will only be a problem if...
Spoiler for ep5:
Lots of credit to Takagaki Ayahi. Yes, it's drama. And she did it extremely well. Hayami Saori hit a lot of right notes, too.

Some great backgrounds: the long view of the beach, for instance. A lot of work for a very few seconds.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works