AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-03-19, 01:32   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Marvel animated features.

So I watched Iron Man today and was pleasently surprised on how well done the movie was. It's an 83 minute animated film based on the comic Ironman and the movie centers around the origins of Ironman. The artwork and animation were excellent and the voice acting was really well done (isn't it amazing what happens when you spend some money on people with talent?).

As far as the story goes since I've never read the comic I don't know how faithful it is but I'm guessing it's only loosely based off the comic since this is an origins movie and its main focus seems on pulling in new fans. The story isn't outstanding but it was entertaining enough to keep me watching. I would rate the movie like a 3.5 or 3.75 out of 5.

It also had a little trailer for a Doctor Strange movie in the works being released in august. Again it looks to be an origins movie which is a wise move imo because I know jack about Dr. Strange and I'm sure a lot of people are with me.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 21:02   Link #2
hooliganj
Team Player

I saw this. It's not even loosely based on the original comics. How close it is to any modern updates or 'Ultimate' versions I couldn't say.

As for my opinion, it was blandly written, and while some of the CG work was very good, the hand-drawn animation was absolutely terrible. Violinist of Hameln had smoother moves, and that's saying something.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 09:23   Link #3
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I saw this movie when it aired on Cartoon Network, and I wasn't very impressed. I still think Justice League is better.
Old 2007-03-20, 11:02   Link #4
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I saw this movie when it aired on Cartoon Network, and I wasn't very impressed. I still think Justice League is better.
Justice League is one of my favorite cartoon. I love how the world try to fit in with super heros and their powers. The political and ethical views is interesting to watch too, trying to solve it humanly. ^_^ Though I haven't seen the Iron Man movie so i'm not sure about that.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote