AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-06-09, 07:51   Link #381
gaguri

I don't know, I don't usually hover my mouse over every anime girls I see on web, I naturally assumed she was a part of a background for aesthetic reasons. If I did, I would have known what her name was. I guess it's a difference between our habits when we see girls on web xris.

And because my question still hasn't been answered, does anyone know what anime this Kairin is from? I google searched 'Kairin character' and I found a title named 'Yuu Watase', but looking at some of the images it doesn't look like it. I also wondered if the show is called Kairin since it's not listed in Animenfo. And the link to a fanart section does not mention the title it's from, unless I'm forced to go through all the pages, which I'm not prepared to do. I don't know, is it really that much to ask for a straight answer on where this character is from x_x

Ah forget it. I thought it'd be just a quick straight answer, I won't waste more efforts so sorry people.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 07:54   Link #382
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thats why you must read the damn thread its link too...

Really ... theres a reason why its link to her pic for a reason >.>

READ!!!! A thread dedicated to her and not a single info why on the first post... Really??!?!?!!!

I really hate peoples that want to be spoon feed all the time
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 07:56   Link #383
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
I don't know, I don't usually hover my mouse over every anime girls I see on web, I naturally assumed she was a part of a background for aesthetic reasons. If I did, I would have known what her name was. I guess it's a difference between our habits when we see girls on web xris.

And because my question still hasn't been answered, does anyone know what anime this Kairin is from? I google searched 'Kairin character' and I found a title named 'Yuu Watase', but looking at some of the images it doesn't look like it. I also wondered if the show is called Kairin since it's not listed in Animenfo. And the link to a fanart section does not mention the title it's from, unless I'm forced to go through all the pages, which I'm not prepared to do. I don't know, is it really that much to ask for a straight answer on where this character is from x_x

Ah forget it. I thought it'd be just a quick straight answer, I won't waste more efforts so sorry people.
kairin is a fan created character drawn by Kiva128 to be animesuki's official mascot

*points*

edit: now you made KiNa stressed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 08:03   Link #384
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
btw, ojisan.. I just noticed... your avie now MOVE O__O!!!
You have to blame thank Pellissier for the avatar he made for my Birthday
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 08:04   Link #385
gaguri

OWWWW it's on fan creations section of the forum. I'm sorry ^_____^

Quote:
edit: now you made KiNa stressed
yea I feel terrible.

edit: v Yea I'll take my own advice I made against someone. Reading is a good thing *nods*
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 08:06   Link #386
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Plus, that thread we kept on pointing you to does also state in the first post...
Quote:
For newcomers who want to know who Kairin is, she is AnimeSuki's mascot. We had a big contest and the winner was Kiva128 who created her specifically for our site.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 07:15   Link #387
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Wasn't there a way to post attachments without the "attach attachment" option activated, or no activation on attachment = NEVER?

Xris - Happy late Birthday ^_^
KiNa - calm down, you're gonna bust a vein.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 07:18   Link #388
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Not sure what you mean, but the forum option for attaching content to a post (i.e. an attachment) is only enabled for staff members. It is very rarely used because it eats up storage space and bandwidth...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 04:58   Link #389
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I see some of the other users using attachments (or I believe so) on the Post your Desktop thread, or are they using another trick like tags. (which isn't possible)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-06-11 at 05:15.
Old 2007-06-11, 16:56   Link #390
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I see some of the other users using attachments (or I believe so) on the Post your Desktop thread, or are they using another trick like tags. (which isn't possible)
They definitely aren't using attachments. You'd have to link me to one of their posts for me to answer what they are doing to confuse you this way.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 00:26   Link #391
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Argh! The horrors of tech illiteracy... I have no idea what you guys are talking about!

I have my own question though... What are rainmeters, and how do they/(you get them to) work? ^^.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 01:13   Link #392
Slighted

Can someone tell me the name of this japanese show..

It's that famous show where groups do skits on a stage and a big bar lights up depending on how well it was received by the audience.

btw is this video from the same show or is it a different one? http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2...man-art-p1.php

thanks!
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 01:25   Link #393
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Hmm... i guess it's Masquarade...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 03:16   Link #394
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Edit: Found my answer.

Last edited by [DOT].L; 2007-06-12 at 08:03.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 05:22   Link #395
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
They definitely aren't using attachments. You'd have to link me to one of their posts for me to answer what they are doing to confuse you this way.
Something like this. For example with [ url][ img][ /img][/url] the image tag within the url tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmoms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Argh! The horrors of tech illiteracy... I have no idea what you guys are talking about!

I have my own question though... What are rainmeters, and how do they/(you get them to) work? ^^.
Rainmeter is a feature rich system meter with support for multiple layers of png images (just like Rainlender). It can measure all of the basic system statistics such as physical ram, virtual memory, swap, and hard drive space. When coupled with MBM5, it can measure system temperatures and fan speeds. Rainmeter also has the ability to display the time as an analog clock with second, minute, and hour hands.

you can go here for some skins and the program download - http://customize.org/rainmeter. Personally I like rainlender better.

Old 2007-06-12, 05:33   Link #396
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Something like this. For example with [ url][ img][ /img][/url] the image tag within the url tag.
That's not an attachment. An attachment would be if they uploaded the picture to our server. This is merely a link to the picture on another server. In this case they are using a thumbnail of the picture as the link instead of using text.

So that you can see the difference I am going to attach a very small picture to this post. This is something that only moderators can do and we don't do it often. See the difference?
Attached Images
File Type: gif avatar-1417.gif (5.8 KB, 65 views)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 07:00   Link #397
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i had 2 silly questions

what does the Z in ZOMG stand for and what does NSW mean?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 07:12   Link #398
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
what does NSW mean?
In what context? On this forum the acronym is often use as a short hand for NoSanninWa . It does, however, have other meanings outside this forum.

You can use the same resource to find out about ZOMG.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 07:23   Link #399
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
what does the Z in ZOMG stand for
The version of the story I've heard is that the "z" key was accidentally pressed instead of the "shift" key when someone wanted to type "OMG" (in caps) quickly. I think it happened during a multiplayer game (Starcraft perhaps). The "zomg" kinda stuck around till now. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 09:08   Link #400
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Hehe the Zomg story. I heard the same as Riker about it.

Zomg explanation from Urban Dictionary

Just for fun you could browse around and look up other acronym like ORLY/YARLY.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious