Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 23:43   Link #1001
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Congratulations to Boise State on going undefeated in their one game season. They now have 3 months off to prepare for the national championship game.
They still got Oregon State in a month. They'll give them a run, me thinks. Other than that. . .Nevada usually gives them a decent fight.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 06:02   Link #1002
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
They still got Oregon State in a month. They'll give them a run, me thinks. Other than that. . .Nevada usually gives them a decent fight.
LOL

Oregon State.

LOL

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:16   Link #1003
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
LOL

Oregon State.

LOL
They lost the game against TCU in bad snap, don't give'em hell. BSU vs OSU will be the deciding factor and don't forget about Fresno State they'll have 60% of upsetting them too.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 10:44   Link #1004
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Congratulations to Boise State on going undefeated in their one game season. They now have 3 months off to prepare for the national championship game.
Someone on another forum said they could see Boise winning out and still finishing #3 which sadly I can too. I do see Bama winning out more then OSU but we all know how the BCS likes to jump teams over each other. Honestly Id love to see Boise take on Bama in the Champ game.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 12:37   Link #1005
solomon

Boise has to watch out for both the Beavers and the Bulldogs, both are good teams.

Could Boise St. win against Bama? I dunno, but man if they did by some miracle, OH MY GOD heads will roll.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 14:42   Link #1006
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Boise has to watch out for both the Beavers and the Bulldogs, both are good teams.

Could Boise St. win against Bama? I dunno, but man if they did by some miracle, OH MY GOD heads will roll.
Hold on now, this weekend is pivotal and we all know were going to have hype on who'll going to the National Championship game. I still believe that Penn State can upset against Alabama soon. Penn State has an efficient passing game and I think those WR's will click to when the second half begins. Defensive can keep around the air, they just need to spread more around their DB's and spy over RB's. Plus coverage plays role into football game and I think they need clamp them down period.
Old 2010-09-07, 14:45   Link #1007
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Hawaii did an impressive job against USC but they will fight and commit voodoo against BSU. Their passing game was good enough even their Option spreads.
Old 2010-09-07, 16:44   Link #1008
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Man My conference(SEC) gets no respect, They're saying that because Orgeon bet NM 72-0. They're saying that Oregon will beat Tenn the same way! Now don't get me wrong UK and Tenn are huge rivals! But there is no way Tenn is gonna lose as badly as NM did 2 Oregon! Tenn will more likely lose but it'll be close, hell they might even win!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 18:51   Link #1009
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Man My conference(SEC) gets no respect, They're saying that because Orgeon bet NM 72-0. They're saying that Oregon will beat Tenn the same way! Now don't get me wrong UK and Tenn are huge rivals! But there is no way Tenn is gonna lose as badly as NM did 2 Oregon! Tenn will more likely lose but it'll be close, hell they might even win!
As an ACC guy, you're not going to get our respect from every conference. ESPN may acknowledge you, but the rest of us NO. In College Football, you have earn to win and get respect. It's one of the basic principles in sports. Oregon and Tennessee game will be crucial battle. Tennessee is still pissed over the betrayal of Lane Kiffin, wants retribution so at USC even igniting a rivalry game. I think anger and frustration will take it on Oregon so hard that mercy is upon their feet. Now you've want respect out that game, go ahead and take it!
Old 2010-09-07, 19:24   Link #1010
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
As an ACC guy, you're not going to get our respect from every conference. ESPN may acknowledge you, but the rest of us NO. In College Football, you have earn to win and get respect. It's one of the basic principles in sports. Oregon and Tennessee game will be crucial battle. Tennessee is still pissed over the betrayal of Lane Kiffin, wants retribution so at USC even igniting a rivalry game. I think anger and frustration will take it on Oregon so hard that mercy is upon their feet. Now you've want respect out that game, go ahead and take it!
I see what u mean. U want respect go out an earn it! I don't really care if Tenn wins or loses the game! We UK fans don't like them a whole lot! But What I'm trying 2 say is that the past 4 seasons an SEC school has won the National championship and had almost all their teams in the top 25 or higher! Shoot even one year UK was #7 at one time when we beat #1 LSU! So as I see it SEC has earned it but ESPN doesn't seem 2 gives us it!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 21:14   Link #1011
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Someone on another forum said they could see Boise winning out and still finishing #3 which sadly I can too. I do see Bama winning out more then OSU but we all know how the BCS likes to jump teams over each other. Honestly Id love to see Boise take on Bama in the Champ game.
That could happen ONLY if both OSU and Alabama go undefeated, and I do not think that Bama will go 13-0. OSU can take a leisurely stroll, exerting only marginally more effort than Boise State, to 12-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Hold on now, this weekend is pivotal and we all know were going to have hype on who'll going to the National Championship game. I still believe that Penn State can upset against Alabama soon. Penn State has an efficient passing game and I think those WR's will click to when the second half begins. Defensive can keep around the air, they just need to spread more around their DB's and spy over RB's. Plus coverage plays role into football game and I think they need clamp them down period.
We have a true freshman QB who performed well against a D-IAA team totally selling out to the run. I think Bolden will be a great QB, but in time. I am very pleased with his performance this past Saturday, but I am taking it with a grain of salt and an eye towards the circumstances.

Our O-Line will be like Swiss Cheese to the Bama D this weekend. I expect Bolden to be running for his life and be on his backside a lot. What scares the hell out of me is that our OL is so awful that I can see him getting hurt, and that would basically just end PSU's season right there. Neither Newsome nor McGloin can take Penn State to a winning record. Bolden is our only hope.

Bama's very good and very experienced O is going to not face much of a challenge against our D, which, "statistically," wasn't that bad against YSU, but should've been waaaaaaaaay better. Our vaunted DL was invisible, our LBs were mediocre, and our DBs weren't really tested.

PSU is going to lose and lose baaaaaaaadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post

As much as it pains me to say it, BSU is way better than either. I HATE Boise, absolutely ****ing HATE them... but they do have an excellent team. Objectively, they deserve to go to the title game. But I'd rather see the BCS extended for eternity than see BSU win a national title.

Old 2010-09-07, 21:30   Link #1012
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
That could happen ONLY if both OSU and Alabama go undefeated, and I do not think that Bama will go 13-0. OSU can take a leisurely stroll, exerting only marginally more effort than Boise State, to 12-0.

I dunno, Pryor has looked good but remember OSU lost to Purdue last year a team they definitely should have beat, they sometimes have issues with teams like that.

If both OSU and Bama win out, Boise's SOL but I see OSU loosing more then Bama at this point even w/o some of their players.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 23:38   Link #1013
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
I see what u mean. U want respect go out an earn it! I don't really care if Tenn wins or loses the game! We UK fans don't like them a whole lot! But What I'm trying 2 say is that the past 4 seasons an SEC school has won the National championship and had almost all their teams in the top 25 or higher! Shoot even one year UK was #7 at one time when we beat #1 LSU! So as I see it SEC has earned it but ESPN doesn't seem 2 gives us it!
ESPN is BS, don't believe the hype just go and win games.
Old 2010-09-08, 11:45   Link #1014
solomon

Conference vs. Conference is overrated and too subjective. Every man for himself.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 12:04   Link #1015
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I dunno, Pryor has looked good but remember OSU lost to Purdue last year a team they definitely should have beat, they sometimes have issues with teams like that.

If both OSU and Bama win out, Boise's SOL but I see OSU loosing more then Bama at this point even w/o some of their players.
Pryor is much improved from his first two years. I don't expect there to be a repeat of Purdue this year.

Old 2010-09-08, 21:13   Link #1016
Highman

Quote:
Pryor is much improved from his first two years. I don't expect there to be a repeat of Purdue this year.
Pryor has improved really well since and Tressel needs put more freedom around him, he gave him what he wanted though.
Old 2010-09-09, 03:00   Link #1017
LMF

[[__]] > OSU hehehe
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 03:21   Link #1018
Samari
World's Greatest

The NFL might really be headed for a lockout in March due to the ongoing stalemate with the new collective bargaining agreement negotiations. This sucks because it seems like my team, the 49ers, are finally back on the rise.

Quote:
Of all the frustrating offseason storylines , there's one that's perhaps most annoying: the impending NFL lockout in 2011. DeMaurice Smith, the union leader for the NFLPA, confirmed his belief on Wednesday that he think a lockout is coming.

“I still feel that a lockout is coming in March,” Smith told Bloomberg Sports .

Smith's biggest point of contention is the NFL refusing to actually provide financial information relating to their claim that they're not pulling in enough cash. (Enough here, of course, is relative.)

“If this model is not working, i.e. teams are losing money, then we’re willing to see the evidence of that and make the changes,” Smith said. “But prove it. If not, what’s the justification for getting a billion back from us?”

Smith, along with most players, doesn't care for the also-impending possibility of an 18-game season.

“We don’t look at two extra games as being divorced from the health, medical and safety standpoint,” Smith said. “It’s impossible to divorce one part of this from the whole.”
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cb...75988/24417268

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 05:59   Link #1019
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
[[__]] > OSU hehehe
It's all about Da U!

(they're gonna lose, but I just felt like saying that)

Old 2010-09-09, 07:51   Link #1020
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The NFL might really be headed for a lockout in March due to the ongoing stalemate with the new collective bargaining agreement negotiations. This sucks because it seems like my team, the 49ers, are finally back on the rise.

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cb...75988/24417268

Well here's you can blame the owners for being greedy or players for being greedy assholes or you can blame everyone and I mean EVERYONE! It's said they want more money instead of this BS! It's not getting nowhere for NFL and we may have CFB on the spotlight next year.

Tags
american football, sports