AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-26, 15:45   Link #20941
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That's what EMS is for.
or fedex :P but usually thats just insanely expensive... but sometimes when they have a good deal on HLJ fedex isnt THAT bad^^ it really depends.
but still, id prefer a shop i can go to... like i said in an earlier post, the only kits i was able to find here were some overpriced HG models...
but right now im just happy to get my deathscythe, the ikaruga and 4 gatling guns^^ that will keep me busy for a while.
i also have to finish an armored core model that i found in a comic store. i have that thing sitting here forever now but i just hate the manual, i cant get myself to building it^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:46   Link #20942
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah, im glad for that, too... but id be willing to pay a little extra at a local store, i hate to wait for a package to arrive^^
a little extra i can get two MG's for one MG at my local store.. When i say sky rocket its sky rocket. lol
Old 2011-06-26, 15:59   Link #20943
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
a little extra i can get two MG's for one MG at my local store.. When i say sky rocket its sky rocket. lol
oh my, thats pretty extreme XD but what can ya do? bandai wont ship them to sellers outside of japan most of the time so we are stuck with high prices in shops or a high import cost, depending on what you want...
its really kinda sad though, i mean on many kits we could save like 50% just because the shipping costs wouldnt apply!
whats interesting though is that bandai appears to try selling kits in america:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yod3NiNtNAc

the entry grade RX-78-2, complete with translated box texts and manual! *le gasp*
maybe they start to see the potential of selling gunpla overseas^^
although i hope they sell those in europe, too because importing stuff from the states would be just as expensive for me as importing it from japan >_>
Old 2011-06-26, 19:54   Link #20944
Sworra

Quote:
oh my, thats pretty extreme XD but what can ya do? bandai wont ship them to sellers outside of japan most of the time so we are stuck with high prices in shops or a high import cost, depending on what you want...
its really kinda sad though, i mean on many kits we could save like 50% just because the shipping costs wouldnt apply!
whats interesting though is that bandai appears to try selling kits in america:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yod3NiNtNAc

the entry grade RX-78-2, complete with translated box texts and manual! *le gasp*
maybe they start to see the potential of selling gunpla overseas^^
although i hope they sell those in europe, too because importing stuff from the states would be just as expensive for me as importing it from japan >_>
Well they aren't doing enough to keep those costs down.. But i bet its different in other places.. I just ordered some from Planet Gundam and that is in New York.. Another is Hobby wave and they are one province away from me.. so i can see the different shops that provide the online shopping in America and the costs are pretty reasonable. But those self owned shops they are the ones that tear your wallet up.. This is what i find from where i live.
Old 2011-06-27, 03:50   Link #20945
Appel

Quote:
Well they aren't doing enough to keep those costs down.. But i bet its different in other places.. I just ordered some from Planet Gundam and that is in New York.. Another is Hobby wave and they are one province away from me.. so i can see the different shops that provide the online shopping in America and the costs are pretty reasonable. But those self owned shops they are the ones that tear your wallet up.. This is what i find from where i live.
yeah probably.
i suppose here in germany there are even less people who are into gunpla so the shops usually cant even risk importing kits like that. i have never seen a master grade kit in a shop here and ive been to the biggest comic stores in my area.
oh well, at least there still is the internet^^
Old 2011-06-27, 07:38   Link #20946
skyboy928

Quote:
so how was the packaging from Gundamplanet? i've just place a huge order from them recently, but since i do have some pre-order kit, so it won't be ship out until those are out, this is my very first time order from them, hopefully they know how to handle packaging. back in the day, i used to buy them from ebay, but the packaging was so terrible, when i receive it, the boxes are already damage, some part already break......

anyway, i guess in Boston, i'm pretty lucky, i have found 2 local store carry some Gundam kit, but the selection are pretty limited. but at least their price is not that crazy. i got a MG Shenglong Gundam from a store call anime madness, it's only $44. i say that reasonable.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 13:43   Link #20947
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
so how was the packaging from Gundamplanet? i've just place a huge order from them recently, but since i do have some pre-order kit, so it won't be ship out until those are out, this is my very first time order from them, hopefully they know how to handle packaging. back in the day, i used to buy them from ebay, but the packaging was so terrible, when i receive it, the boxes are already damage, some part already break......

anyway, i guess in Boston, i'm pretty lucky, i have found 2 local store carry some Gundam kit, but the selection are pretty limited. but at least their price is not that crazy. i got a MG Shenglong Gundam from a store call anime madness, it's only $44. i say that reasonable.

i got my first kits from ebay as well. i was lucky though, everything arrived in a good condition^^ i think i ordered my MG strikfe freedom, sinanju and unicorn from there and i also got the shin musha gundam for free by accident XD but after that i ordered everything else from HLJ, ishop2go and amiami.

thats a great price for the shenlong i guess. $44 is about 30€, i can only dream about prices like that XD

oh and the new HG shining gundam looks pretty sharp!

i think ill get that and the god gundam as a master grade though^^ especially since they just cost 2000 yen each, you cant beat that when it comes to master grades!^^ i mean, the infinite justice alone costs 4000 yen :P
Old 2011-06-27, 14:24   Link #20948
skyboy928

Quote:
i got my first kits from ebay as well. i was lucky though, everything arrived in a good condition^^ i think i ordered my MG strikfe freedom, sinanju and unicorn from there and i also got the shin musha gundam for free by accident XD but after that i ordered everything else from HLJ, ishop2go and amiami.

thats a great price for the shenlong i guess. $44 is about 30€, i can only dream about prices like that XD

oh and the new HG shining gundam looks pretty sharp!

i think ill get that and the god gundam as a master grade though^^ especially since they just cost 2000 yen each, you cant beat that when it comes to master grades!^^ i mean, the infinite justice alone costs 4000 yen :P
damn, 2000 yen is so damn cheap, is that on sales or something? too bad i have them already. i wish Bandai would release MG Nobell Gundam or if there is a HG 1/100 that would be great.
Old 2011-06-27, 14:32   Link #20949
Appel

Quote:
damn, 2000 yen is so damn cheap, is that on sales or something? too bad i have them already. i wish Bandai would release MG Nobell Gundam or if there is a HG 1/100 that would be great.
thats with HLJs 20% discount but even 2400 yen is pretty cheap^^ you have to add shipping costs to that of course but still, maybe ill get them when they are in stock again^^
Old 2011-06-27, 15:08   Link #20950
skyboy928

Quote:
thats with HLJs 20% discount but even 2400 yen is pretty cheap^^ you have to add shipping costs to that of course but still, maybe ill get them when they are in stock again^^
just checked at Gundamplanet they are selling almost the entire G-Gundam line (MG at $32 ea.) except Master Gundam, and for God Gundam it come with Clear part too.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:34   Link #20951
Appel

Quote:
just checked at Gundamplanet they are selling almost the entire G-Gundam line (MG at $32 ea.) except Master Gundam, and for God Gundam it come with Clear part too.
that still sounds like a pretty good deal^^
Old 2011-06-27, 18:17   Link #20952
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Little wonder to expect there when Bandai gave us the Epyon out of the blue.

They just need to change the colour, switch the beam sword with a beam trident and replace the heat rod with a new dragon fang.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 19:54   Link #20953
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Isn't that Epyon Pi?
Old 2011-06-27, 20:07   Link #20954
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Isn't that Epyon Pi?
"White" is not wrong when you read he "Pi" as "Bai" since "Bai" is how "White" is read in Chinese. And given that the new Epyon is constructed by Wu Fei....
Old 2011-06-28, 11:51   Link #20955
Appel

got myself some tamiya metallic black to paint some weapons today, i must say thats a really really nice color and looks WAY better than bandais generic grey^^ it also coats everything very well and doesnt seem to form bubbles, its a really neat color!
i tested it on the strikes beam rifle and wing zeros twin buster rifle. i will post some pictures with the unicorns gatlings once they are here :P
Old 2011-06-28, 15:12   Link #20956
skyboy928

Quote:
got myself some tamiya metallic black to paint some weapons today, i must say thats a really really nice color and looks WAY better than bandais generic grey^^ it also coats everything very well and doesnt seem to form bubbles, its a really neat color!
i tested it on the strikes beam rifle and wing zeros twin buster rifle. i will post some pictures with the unicorns gatlings once they are here :P
good idea, maybe i should try to paint weapon as my first step for painting.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:15   Link #20957
Appel

Quote:
good idea, maybe i should try to paint weapon as my first step for painting.
good idea. they are usually pretty small and the parts are relatively simple.
id give it a go^^
Old 2011-06-28, 17:02   Link #20958
Araxiel

The only thing I don't like about Shining Gundam is its face. It just looks kind of wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
"White" is not wrong when you read he "Pi" as "Bai" since "Bai" is how "White" is read in Chinese. And given that the new Epyon is constructed by Wu Fei....
There's a story here. A white Epyon made by Wu Fei?
Old 2011-06-28, 18:21   Link #20959
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
The only thing I don't like about Shining Gundam is its face. It just looks kind of wrong.
haha, totally agree on that. it's kinda look like Shinning Gundam got beaten up right in the face and it swollen up or something, lol
but nonetheless it's one interesting story. it's totally different from other Gundam.
Old 2011-06-28, 19:43   Link #20960
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

More evidence suggesting an alternate Epyon in the works :-

And since Dalong already has a Epyon review up, he cautioned people about the heat rod :-

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy