AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-06, 08:28   Link #1441
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't ask- just roll with it.

Old 2013-06-06, 08:57   Link #1442
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

spit drink .... Is the Kamijou-san that broke that he needs to be in a Drag .....
Old 2013-06-06, 10:08   Link #1443
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I've been scarred....
Old 2013-06-06, 12:08   Link #1444
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Index wants the maid version of this .
Old 2013-06-06, 13:46   Link #1445
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

strange, i didn't think touma have the curves to look like that. i don't know whats so wrong with it to you guys but from my perspective i say it's pretty decent how he looks like in both clothings(though i still find it incredibly strange that some guy/girl thought it be cool to ruin the touMAN image... i despise that person so very much).
Old 2013-06-06, 16:59   Link #1446
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
strange, i didn't think touma have the curves to look like that. i don't know whats so wrong with it to you guys but from my perspective i say it's pretty decent how he looks like in both clothings(though i still find it incredibly strange that some guy/girl thought it be cool to ruin the touMAN image... i despise that person so very much).
Lol: You can think about it in two ways.

The first way:

Someone is ruining Kamijou-chan's image by showing him wear a Tokiwadai uniform/girl clothes.

The second way:

Spoiler for New Testament Volume 7 even if it's not exactly cannon and is on the cover/summary of the introduction to the book:

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-06 at 17:47.
Old 2013-06-06, 17:41   Link #1447
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol: You can think about it in two ways.

The first way:

Someone is ruining Kamijou-chan's image by showing him wear a Tokiwadai uniform/girl clothes.

The second way:

Kamijou, in an attempt to save Academy City, (non-cannonly) Touma hurriedly stole that Tokiwadai uniform from the girls' locker room and used it in an attempt to disguise his identity before he found something else to wear
i take the first way.
Old 2013-06-06, 17:46   Link #1448
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
i take the first way.
I know...

I'm just saying that could be Touma from part 1 of NT 7 (it's in the description on the inside cover of the book; it's not really a spoiler; and it doesn't actually happen like this).
Old 2013-06-06, 18:08   Link #1449
Goldzero

Quote:
I know...

I'm just saying that could be Touma from part 1 of NT 7 (it's in the description on the inside cover of the book; it's not really a spoiler; and it doesn't actually happen like this).
im well aware of that..... but the first one you stated seems to be the cause or some touma fan girl(he does have a few) probably wanted to see what he looks like in a female school clothing style.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:28   Link #1450
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
im well aware of that..... but the first one you stated seems to be the cause or some touma fan girl(he does have a few) probably wanted to see what he looks like in a female school clothing style.
I know that. I was just saying since I didn't want to think about it like that so I wouldn't be mentally scarred: I just imagined him being BA instead. That cured my sick feeling

I'm pretending his image was never ruined by thinking outside of the Box ... in this case outside of the Dress

I just noticed the first image was a girls' uniform as well and not his normal clothes... lol
Spoiler for New testament 7:

Those two scenarios are the only way I could stand imagining him wearing those clothes.
Old 2013-06-16, 11:43   Link #1451
Goldzero

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-spring-season kamijou touma was ranked number 23 out of 43 with a number of votes of 124(click on the link which says Anime One which well show the full list) i gotta say this poll was fairly good like the last one i showed but the other one had touma in 3rd place which was may 8th 2013 and this one had him 23 place which was may 28 2013 the poll ended which both had 43 popular characters in total.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:34   Link #1452
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-spring-season kamijou touma was ranked number 23 out of 43 with a number of votes of 124(click on the link which says Anime One which well show the full list) i gotta say this poll was fairly good like the last one i showed but the other one had touma in 3rd place which was may 8th 2013 and this one had him 23 place which was may 28 2013 the poll ended which both had 43 popular characters in total.
As for me, in poll leading places are taken not by too excellent characters. The majority of them seem to me empty, uninteresting and sample. For example, I consider that Hibiki is Touma's copy. Really, many of them seem to me absolutely uninteresting. Touma really in my consciousness is better than the majority of characters of the list. I hope, with an exit of the third Index season people will see all value of Index characters, and on leading positions there will be Touma, Accelerator and Hamazura.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:46   Link #1453
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I would be happy if people could see how Hamazura is badass, well, I think in October 2014 Index III must out, we can only hope.
Old 2013-06-16, 14:09   Link #1454
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
As for me, in poll leading places are taken not by too excellent characters. The majority of them seem to me empty, uninteresting and sample. For example, I consider that Hibiki is Touma's copy. Really, many of them seem to me absolutely uninteresting. Touma really in my consciousness is better than the majority of characters of the list. I hope, with an exit of the third Index season people will see all value of Index characters, and on leading positions there will be Touma, Accelerator and Hamazura.
the funny part is just 20 days ago of that poll had a one that ended in may 8th with kiroto ranked 1st with 502 votes, accelerator ranked 2nd with 500 votes and touma ranked 3rd with 352 votes(and the funny part is that a numer of the characters that are higher then touma in the recent poll that i just added are well hated). and here the one that ended in may 8th http://jin115.com/archives/51947877.html

here is another poll in this website that had top couple with toumaxmisaka in 3rd place and a railgun S poll which i wouldn't take to seriously since it only had like 2400 voters and the fact that it seems like mostly railgun only fans/viewers voted in.http://blog.kouhi.me/random-anione-p...2013-01062013/ it be easy to find the railgun S poll but the shipping poll well be somewhat difficult to find i suppose(or at least it was for me) and by the way kirotoxasuna was 2nd place as well with almost triple the amount of votes toumaxmisaka had. their is more poll with accelerator and mikoto as well.

still my overall conclusion about the first poll seems to be alright since touma was atleast ranked 23 out of 43 and the majority of the characters are pretty much well liked but some that were ranked high were pretty much somewhat disliked. i remember there was another one with accelerator being ranked 19 with twice as more votes then touma. the 2nd poll in the other hand(talking about railgun S) while the top characters are clearly popular i expected misaki to be much higher since she became very well loved with the majority of the fanbase in fist first appearance and i also expected touma to be at least in the top 5 since he is pretty much is one of the most want to see railgun characters(but like i said i wouldn't take this poll to seriously for many good reason such as the number of votes, touma and misakai being ranked low, probably came out during the time railgun S first episode ended(which means not many fans would be well aware of it) and the fact that it seems to be mostly railgun fans/viewers only who voted on this poll).

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-06-16 at 14:25.
Old 2013-06-16, 14:32   Link #1455
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
the funny part is just 20 days ago of that poll had a one that ended in may 8th with kiroto ranked 1st with 502 votes, accelerator ranked 2nd with 500 votes and touma ranked 3rd with 352 votes(and the funny part is that a numer of the characters that are higher then touma in the recent poll that i just added are well hated). and here the one that ended in may 8th http://jin115.com/archives/51947877.html

here is another poll in this website that had top couple with toumaxmisaka in 3rd place and a railgun S poll which i wouldn't take to seriously since it only had like 2400 voters and the fact that it seems like mostly railgun only fans/viewers voted in.http://blog.kouhi.me/random-anione-p...2013-01062013/ it be easy to find the railgun S poll but the shipping poll well be somewhat difficult to find i suppose(or at least it was for me) and by the way kirotoxasuna was 2nd place as well with almost triple the amount of votes toumaxmisaka had. their is more poll with accelerator and mikoto as well.

still my overall conclusion about the first poll seems to be alright since touma was atleast ranked 23 out of 43 and the majority of the characters are pretty much well liked but some that were ranked high were pretty much somewhat disliked. i remember there was another one with accelerator being ranked 19 with twice as more votes then touma. the 2nd poll in the other hand(talking about railgun S) while the top characters are clearly popular i expected misaki to be much higher since she became very well loved with the majority of the fanbase in fist first appearance and i also expected touma to be at least in the top 5 since he is pretty much is one of the most want to see railgun characters(but like i said i wouldn't take this poll to seriously for many good reason such as the number of votes, touma and misakai being ranked low, probably came out during the time railgun S first episode ended(which means not many fans would be well aware of it) and the fact that it seems to be mostly railgun fans/viewers only who voted on this poll).
As I have seen all that polls, I realize that too many people still remember Index franchise and they extremely love Misaka, Accel, Touma, Magnus. Why I consider it as strange and odd...? I really don't believe in that. Because I thought people forgot how lovely is Index and its characters. Maybe New Type influenced my vision and opinion, because I never see Accel and Touma in its rankings.
Old 2013-06-16, 14:48   Link #1456
Goldzero

Quote:
As I have seen all that polls, I realize that too many people still remember Index franchise and they extremely love Misaka, Accel, Touma, Magnus. Why I consider it as strange and odd...? I really don't believe in that. Because I thought people forgot how lovely is Index and its characters. Maybe New Type influenced my vision and opinion, because I never see Accel and Touma in its rankings.
to be honest with you the Raildex franchise hasn't exactly died down but it seems to have rather been growing. touma,misaka and accelerator are well known to have a strong fanbase(specifically misaka) kuroko and saten are also pretty popular but even so not all polls they are going to be in well mean they well be in high rankings. i only seen touma do bad in 2 polls out of the 10-15 i view. and even though they haven't been on newtype poll for a while it's probably because newtype polls are well known for people to choose other characters every 6 months-a year and most don't last long in it but a few mangaged to stay their for a year such as touma and it seems like two popular characters have been in there for quite some time.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-06-16 at 15:23.
Old 2013-06-16, 16:00   Link #1457
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

In my opinion:

2009 3rd best male character
2011 1st best male character
2011 1st best character overall
2012 2nd best male character
2012 2nd best character overall
2013 2nd best male character

doesn't exactly mean Touma is unpopular in any way shape or form...

He's obviously pretty popular at least to some people

Well... I wish Index were about 10,000 times more popular in the U.S. When I went to Phoenix Comicon, I saw only one Raildex shirt... a Misaka Mikoto shirt... and it wasn't even a good one... there was nothing else from raildex... there wasn't even anyone wearing any raildex cosplay... (I just wore casual wear)...............................
I was actually pretty disappointed. I don't think Railgun is that popular in the U.S., but it might have just been how annoying Comicon was in my opinion... I don't know... I wish there had been more railgun; it was pretty disappointing.

People think railgun is too slow paced from what I hear sometimes... people just don't even know about Index (from what I hear)... and most people that do don't read the LN's which defeats the whole purpose............ (or at least makes them miss what is arguably by far the best part of the series at this point in time)... So it's kind of saddening.

Touma is my second favorite anime/LN/manga character. Sousuke Sagara is my #1... Touma just hasn't gotten there yet (i.e. his growth has not been completed because his story is still incomplete). Touma has a ton of potential though in my eyes. I really love him as a character... I really hope that Kamijou grows a lot in the upcoming volumes like he has been doing so far. "Fukou Da" is one of his favorite phrases It's kind of weird actually. Most people who blame their bad performance on misfortune actually do badly in life, but he does well because he ignores his misfortune... I'm not exactly sure what that is... maybe he just is so responsible that he doesn't even mind if he's the one responsible for his own misfortune because of IB and will rise above it? It's kind of silly IMO, but I like it

Touma Kamijou is one of my favorite characters, but he also doesn't have enough depth to his character yet. It doesn't matter how perfect he is. As long as he is absolutely "perfect," he will be one-dimensional and never my favorite. As soon as he realizes that he can't be perfect and settles somewhere (like he almost did in NT Volume 7 or kind of did, which I appreciated) I'll buy him as a truly excellent character. Right now: he's still too perfect in my opinion. Therefore, he is still a kid. That might be the point at this juncture, but I would like to see him hesitate and crack and then overcome it at the very end. That would be nice.

If I saw that, I would be willing to rate him as #1... He is still two-dimensional (I guess not 1-dimensional)... he needs a little extra oomph in my opinion to truly become three dimensional. I feel like Accelerator is already 3-dimensional while Hamazura and Touma are still 2-dimensional.

As the series goes on, Kamachi's writing has gotten a lot better and I hope he takes advantage of the amazing world he has set up with powerful characters in order to develop some really great stories.

Touma Kamijou does have a lot of plot armour. He will become my favorite character once he realizes that he can't rely on the plot armour anymore and still wins anyway. That will be the moment I am waiting for.

My favorite aspect of Kamijou Touma actually, or one of them, is that he is a great hero, but also that he runs away and that he doesn't really consider himself to be one. The idea is: Touma just sees himself as a human being and in acting as a human, he does what is natural to him, he doesn't do what is heroic. This is something that really makes everything he says interesting to me.

You can find many characters who are "heroes" and who know it. Kamijou Touma doesn't know it. He displays time and time again that he saves people, but that he really doesn't need to think about it that way to be happy. He is just happy with his results. In my opinion, this is something more important for a powerful (emotionally) character than being a "hero." It is stereotypical to be a hero and think you're great... (with the exception of Goku,Sousuke, Onizuka, and Ryoma Echizen)... (in terms of who I've seen so far)
But it is much rarer to do what you do just because you can. Touma's strength is that he is infinitely optimistic and will do anything for his ideals... He also shoulders all contradictions onto himself. Not only is he a sort of ideal Christ figure here IMO... but he is also a Christ figure which comedically has a heck of a ton of girls who like him. (In that way he's kind of like Onizuka). Onizuka's morality is really screwed up like Touma's morality is at times (he's hypocritical), but in the end both are heroes... in their "own" way. I dunno...

But for me... Touma is one of those rare characters...

There is one main thing that bothers me about Touma's character though... Only one... and it shouldn't matter that much... but it slightly does...

Touma's character was created like this:

Kamachi: I want to name my work Index (or something)... Index is my titular character... a girl in the magic side... for someone who meets her... should it be someone in the magic or science side...

Kamachi: I'll pick the science side because that way he'll be surprised and know nothing about her situation... How should I make his character... I should make him a straightforward thinker... because he needs to be able to move forward in order to save Index and solve all of these situations...

Everything else came from there............................................. ...............................

How can someone possibly come up with a character that good with just that simple base planning? It's pretty incredible... but disappointing for anyone who wants to try to recreate it... maybe it means though that sometimes great characters are put together by putting together intricate puzzles of actions together... this is surely possible...

Kamachi writes with his characters' personalities most prominently in mind when he does anything... I respect this and think that this is partially the key to his success and why his characters are just so great... but everyone has their own style I guess... so I'm not sure how everyone can use that advice...

In short, Touma is amazing, but was made slightly haphazardly in my opinion... Well... I guess geniuses (e.g. Kamachi) can make anything work...
Old 2013-06-16, 17:01   Link #1458
Goldzero

Quote:
In my opinion:

2009 3rd best male character
2011 1st best male character
2011 1st best character overall
2012 2nd best male character
2012 2nd best character overall
2013 2nd best male character

doesn't exactly mean Touma is unpopular in any way shape or form...

He's obviously pretty popular at least to some people

Well... I wish Index were about 10,000 times more popular in the U.S. When I went to Phoenix Comicon, I saw only one Raildex shirt... a Misaka Mikoto shirt... and it wasn't even a good one... there was nothing else from raildex... there wasn't even anyone wearing any raildex cosplay... (I just wore casual wear)...............................
I was actually pretty disappointed. I don't think Railgun is that popular in the U.S., but it might have just been how annoying Comicon was in my opinion... I don't know... I wish there had been more railgun; it was pretty disappointing.

People think railgun is too slow paced from what I hear sometimes... people just don't even know about Index (from what I hear)... and most people that do don't read the LN's which defeats the whole purpose............ (or at least makes them miss what is arguably by far the best part of the series at this point in time)... So it's kind of saddening.

Touma is my second favorite anime/LN/manga character. Sousuke Sagara is my #1... Touma just hasn't gotten there yet (i.e. his growth has not been completed because his story is still incomplete). Touma has a ton of potential though in my eyes. I really love him as a character... I really hope that Kamijou grows a lot in the upcoming volumes like he has been doing so far. "Fukou Da" is one of his favorite phrases It's kind of weird actually. Most people who blame their bad performance on misfortune actually do badly in life, but he does well because he ignores his misfortune... I'm not exactly sure what that is... maybe he just is so responsible that he doesn't even mind if he's the one responsible for his own misfortune because of IB and will rise above it? It's kind of silly IMO, but I like it

Touma Kamijou is one of my favorite characters, but he also doesn't have enough depth to his character yet. It doesn't matter how perfect he is. As long as he is absolutely "perfect," he will be one-dimensional and never my favorite. As soon as he realizes that he can't be perfect and settles somewhere (like he almost did in NT Volume 7 or kind of did, which I appreciated) I'll buy him as a truly excellent character. Right now: he's still too perfect in my opinion. Therefore, he is still a kid. That might be the point at this juncture, but I would like to see him hesitate and crack and then overcome it at the very end. That would be nice.

If I saw that, I would be willing to rate him as #1... He is still two-dimensional (I guess not 1-dimensional)... he needs a little extra oomph in my opinion to truly become three dimensional. I feel like Accelerator is already 3-dimensional while Hamazura and Touma are still 2-dimensional.

As the series goes on, Kamachi's writing has gotten a lot better and I hope he takes advantage of the amazing world he has set up with powerful characters in order to develop some really great stories.

Touma Kamijou does have a lot of plot armour. He will become my favorite character once he realizes that he can't rely on the plot armour anymore and still wins anyway. That will be the moment I am waiting for.

My favorite aspect of Kamijou Touma actually, or one of them, is that he is a great hero, but also that he runs away and that he doesn't really consider himself to be one. The idea is: Touma just sees himself as a human being and in acting as a human, he does what is natural to him, he doesn't do what is heroic. This is something that really makes everything he says interesting to me.

You can find many characters who are "heroes" and who know it. Kamijou Touma doesn't know it. He displays time and time again that he saves people, but that he really doesn't need to think about it that way to be happy. He is just happy with his results. In my opinion, this is something more important for a powerful (emotionally) character than being a "hero." It is stereotypical to be a hero and think you're great... (with the exception of Goku,Sousuke, Onizuka, and Ryoma Echizen)... (in terms of who I've seen so far)
But it is much rarer to do what you do just because you can. Touma's strength is that he is infinitely optimistic and will do anything for his ideals... He also shoulders all contradictions onto himself. Not only is he a sort of ideal Christ figure here IMO... but he is also a Christ figure which comedically has a heck of a ton of girls who like him. (In that way he's kind of like Onizuka). Onizuka's morality is really screwed up like Touma's morality is at times (he's hypocritical), but in the end both are heroes... in their "own" way. I dunno...

But for me... Touma is one of those rare characters...

There is one main thing that bothers me about Touma's character though... Only one... and it shouldn't matter that much... but it slightly does...

Touma's character was created like this:

Kamachi: I want to name my work Index (or something)... Index is my titular character... a girl in the magic side... for someone who meets her... should it be someone in the magic or science side...

Kamachi: I'll pick the science side because that way he'll be surprised and know nothing about her situation... How should I make his character... I should make him a straightforward thinker... because he needs to be able to move forward in order to save Index and solve all of these situations...

Everything else came from there............................................. ...............................

How can someone possibly come up with a character that good with just that simple base planning? It's pretty incredible... but disappointing for anyone who wants to try to recreate it... maybe it means though that sometimes great characters are put together by putting together intricate puzzles of actions together... this is surely possible...

Kamachi writes with his characters' personalities most prominently in mind when he does anything... I respect this and think that this is partially the key to his success and why his characters are just so great... but everyone has their own style I guess... so I'm not sure how everyone can use that advice...

In short, Touma is amazing, but was made slightly haphazardly in my opinion... Well... I guess geniuses (e.g. Kamachi) can make anything work...
touma has always been a pretty popular character(but it doesn't mean every popular characters will do extremly well in all popularity polls. i even seen misaka do poorly from time to time and kuroko isn't exactly any better. there are even time mikoto even loses to flower headed girl(the only character with a flower on her head in railgun who is a main character in the spin of series, i can't spell her name)
Old 2013-06-16, 17:17   Link #1459
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Yeah, Touma is amazing and very kind character. He can be serious and funny, smart and silly, but never boring. However, he is still not too high in my favorite characters list. I find Accelerator more adorable and touching, maybe he introduced me to a sense of caring about the people who have no choice or never give up despite the fact they hate themselves, of course, this extremely amazing character is my #1 while Touma and Hamazura are #2 and #3. Touma usually neglects his life, even without good reasons for this, so first introduced me to the bewilderment of his character. However, I like his development through the novels. I am also worried about Accelerator putting himself below Touma, because I don't agree with him. These characters are too lovey, amazing and touching, two of them are angels in the bottom of their hearts, I guess (but heart of Touma was not damaged by the great evil of AC). They really deserve respect and love. I don't pointed out there Hamazura, because I want to wait for the anime adaptation to see him more closely.
Old 2013-06-16, 18:59   Link #1460
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Yeah, Touma is amazing and very kind character. He can be serious and funny, smart and silly, but never boring. However, he is still not too high in my favorite characters list. I find Accelerator more adorable and touching, maybe he introduced me to a sense of caring about the people who have no choice or never give up despite the fact they hate themselves, of course, this extremely amazing character is my #1 while Touma and Hamazura are #2 and #3. Touma usually neglects his life, even without good reasons for this, so first introduced me to the bewilderment of his character. However, I like his development through the novels. I am also worried about Accelerator putting himself below Touma, because I don't agree with him. These characters are too lovey, amazing and touching, two of them are angels in the bottom of their hearts, I guess (but heart of Touma was not damaged by the great evil of AC). They really deserve respect and love. I don't pointed out there Hamazura, because I want to wait for the anime adaptation to see him more closely.
Let me rephrase what I said slightly and for Goldzero: you're thinking of Uiharu Kazari (and I didn't know that, wow that's interesting)

Accel is better as of now. I will like Touma more if he ends up having trouble eventually. I rate my characters by potential. Mikoto is my #2 because of her potential... she could be doing better right now. I have Touma, Mikoto, Accelerator, Hamazura.

Their positions could move around, but Mikoto has the entire railgun manga going for her. Touma has a fan base and so Kamachi spends a lot of time on him... those two things make me convinced that I'll like them more than Accel , Hamazura by the end of the series. I also just love all of Kamachi's characters anyway. These 4 just have a ridiculous amount of character development.
Closed Thread