AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-09-29, 18:28   Link #3121
Mitsuomi

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuomi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuomi
i have a question... why do we kiss Israel's ass?
Mitsuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:29   Link #3122
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Everyone is right now trying to blame the other. The real reason(s) may get lost among all those claims and blames. I guess, Pelosi's speech was the first thing that came to the Republicans' mind (I cannot deny that she has a personlity that can easily attract the blames), the close result gave them the opportunity.

Democrats then used McCain's failed leadership to try to put all the blame on him (or maybe that happened even before Pelosi-related claims). I can agree to that to some extent, on the basis that he should have acted earlier to use this opportunity (even if you are the greatest person on the earth, you cannot reverse that level of opposition in a very short time) or he shouldn't have made it a situation to test leadership.

Right now, I am reading comments suggesting Obama's failed leadership. But, I don't think that is the case either. Especially if you cannot even openly and clearly support the plan. Anyways, bringing leadership in this kind of vote is not highly realistic. Though, it was McCain who started that game, so this is his fault.
Well, Well, Well

It looks like the blame game has started about this, Democratic Party blames the Reps for this, while Reps blame Sen. Pelosi speech that blame Bush Economics' for this problem and didnt vote Yes for it.

To me, its everybody fault on this one, from McCain to Bush Administration even House is in fault for this.
Old 2008-09-29, 18:52   Link #3123
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
Well, besides the fact that we do no "kiss Israel's asses", the answer is long and difficult to fully explain. So, long story short, we (we indicating America) helped to create the current country known as Israel, for the sole purpose of having a country that was a democracy with a faith similar to ours (basic Judea-Christian principles only) that would allow us to directly oversee the area known as the Middle East.

That being said, the United States, Turkey, Germany, the United Kingdom (the "parent" of Israel) and India all have extremely close ties and alliances with Israel. And since we are in an alliance with Israel, we support them, and they in turn support us when they can.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:02   Link #3124
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
That's a vulgar way of putting it. Its more like that the United States is giving Israel special priviledges because it benefits them in a way associated with both the oil industry and the military. In order for the United States to maintain stability in their national interests, they decided to treat Israel with utmost respect.

Israel is a nation located in the Middle East region, a location rich in oil and fossil fuel, natural resources and it is also known as being a war zone. To some degree, it is not uncommon that Israel is also carrying out the role of monitoring the Middle East regional nations. And thus, for Israel to be carrying out such heavy responsibilities, they get better welfare than actual Americans, rather odd though.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:17   Link #3125
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
To set them up for Armegeddon so that Jesus will return.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:19   Link #3126
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
To set them up for Armegeddon so that Jesus will return.
That's the reason many of the "religious right" are so supportive of Israel, though I don't believe that carries over as the reason the US as a whole does. That they're one of our best customers for arms on the foreign market might play a big role, however. Oh and let's not forget democrats needing a large percentage of the jewish vote in Floridia to carry the state.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:19   Link #3127
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
We're already fighting 2 battles. It's already becoming impractical to fight both at the same time.
those 2 battles are a joke and NOTHING compares to the Vietnam War. McCain should know this,lol

(I am Vietnamese btw)
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:34   Link #3128
mg1942

As more and more facts about the failed vote come out, it becomes plain that there was more going on than just Pelosi's ill-timed, ill-directed, screw bi-partisan cooperation, BLAME BOOOSH speech.

The good of the nation took second-place to election year posturing and opportunism.

The democrats did not need Republican votes to pass this bill. All they had to do was whip all of their horses in line and the it would be a done deal. One reports alleges that democratic House members up for reelection in strongly contested races were urged to vote against the bill, because enough Republicans were committing to vote for it that it was safe to do so. Republicans got wind of the double-dealing. That, and Pelosi's speech had them livid with outrage.

Cynics might also state that the democratic presidential candidate morphed into the Invisible Man during the debate over the bipartisan bill at a time when his influence was sorely needed.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:37   Link #3129
mg1942

Just heard a great line by Mike Huckabee in relation to the bailout:

"Those who just burned the Thanksgiving Turkey are asking that they be allowed to cook Christmas dinner."
Old 2008-09-29, 20:58   Link #3130
mg1942

Pelosi (D-CA),"I must recognize the outstanding leadership provided by Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA), whose enormous intellectual and strategic abilities have never before been so urgently needed, or so widely admired"

Barney Frank said in 2006 that there was no problem with fanny and freddie.

As Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, Frank "sits at the center of power". Thomas Mann, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, was quoted as saying, "He is one of the giants of Congress, a real legislator," in his new role.

In 2003, Frank opposed Bush administration and Congressional Republican efforts for the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis. Under the plan a new agency would have been created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry. "These two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis," Frank said. He added, "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

can you say impeachment?

EDIT: He also used the term "fundamentally sound." The same term that the old white haired dude got called out for using a while back...
Old 2008-09-29, 21:02   Link #3131
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Impeach...Barney Frank? Depends on how much time he's got left in the office.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:08   Link #3132
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Palin's gettin' bashed hard from all sides. I'm beginning to feel sorry for her.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:08   Link #3133
mg1942

Lets not forget that barney franks gay partner, herb moses, was a Fannie Mae executive... Gee wasnt it ol barney that told us that Fannie didnt need oversight????? Doesn't this look like a conflict of interest??? A congressional chairman of the house financial services committee LITERALLY in bed with an executive of a company which he is supposed to provide oversight?
Old 2008-09-29, 21:21   Link #3134
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Cynics might also state that the democratic presidential candidate morphed into the Invisible Man during the debate over the bipartisan bill at a time when his influence was sorely needed.
So, it is okay for Politicians to possibly gamble with the lives of their constituents because of one stupid bipartisan speech ? If that was true, not a single one of Bush's bills would have been passed.

That being said, I have not heard any realistic reasons as to why so many Republicans did not like the bill when it came time to vote. The closest answer that made any amount of sense was the possibility that Republicans did not want to be seen supporting a Bush sponsored Bill. Besides that, there is no real answer as to why a Bill considered fair and balanced yesterday, and then earlier today, was suddenly denounced by the party that desperately needed to seem to be in charge of the issue.

Added to that, I am not sure why you are trying to blame Obama. McCain is the one who claimed the right of ownership of this bill, being the only candidate that formally vowed to vote for it. Yet, he merely sat by the phone doing nothing, and then held a press conference and started campaigning about how Obama failed.

---

100% agreement with you on Barnett "Barney" Frank (at least in regards to this recent economic crisis, he broke up with Herbie Moses ages ago, so that was a non-issue for the current crisis). He definitely has a part of the blame for these recent issues, and he should not be thanked for losing the country 300 Billion dollars.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-09-29 at 21:34.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:22   Link #3135
mg1942

From something I copied and pasted, I closed the link before I could credit them:

Barney Frank (D-MA), who is openly GAY, had a past romantic relationship with Herb Moses, an executive for Fannie Mae. Barney Frank’s involvement was alleged to have persuaded him to cook the books (finance accounts) for Fannie Mae.

The Washington Post reported this story in its Reliable Source column in July 3, 1998. By the time the story broke in The Washington Post, the newspaper admitted that Barney Frank and Herb Moses had broken up. However, this was conflicting as Barney Frank was heard referring to Herb Moses as his “spouse.” Another report from the same newspaper said Barney Frank called Herb Moses as his “lover”. The two men had remained friends despite the said breakup. The romantic affair ended around 1998, ten years ago.

Barney Frank is accused of misleading the officials about the finance situation in Fannie Mae because his friend ( or spouse/lover) Herb Moses was a top executive in the mortgage firm. Herb Moses left Fannie Mae in 1998 and ended his relationship with Barney Frank at around the same time.

Last edited by mg1942; 2008-09-29 at 21:33.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:42   Link #3136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Make no mistake... the money interests are able to buy or manipulate both Dems and Repubs. The Keating Five Scandal of which McCain was a part of (the last major bank scandal in the 20th C.).... well, four of the five were Democrats.

But you're typing your posts as if there's some GAY hot button omfgbbq .... hopefully you're not doing that intentionally as if that had something to do with this topic.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:48   Link #3137
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
From something I copied and pasted, I closed the link before I could credit them:
According to Google, you got it from here (which would have been easy for you to search for after you closed the tab, although I don't blame you for not citing 'celebgalz.com')

They, in turn, got it from here, a website devoted to 'advancing the culture of free enterprise in America!', which grinds its axe so very loudly that you can be forgiven for viewing the second-hand cut-and-paste from celebgalz.com as being preferable.

Out of curiosity, though, do you usually get your news from celebgalz.com?
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:59   Link #3138
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
That's a vulgar way of putting it. Its more like that the United States is giving Israel special priviledges because it benefits them in a way associated with both the oil industry and the military. In order for the United States to maintain stability in their national interests, they decided to treat Israel with utmost respect.

Israel is a nation located in the Middle East region, a location rich in oil and fossil fuel, natural resources and it is also known as being a war zone. To some degree, it is not uncommon that Israel is also carrying out the role of monitoring the Middle East regional nations. And thus, for Israel to be carrying out such heavy responsibilities, they get better welfare than actual Americans, rather odd though.

I wouldn't put it so bluntly, but it seems like we are KINDA at the beck and call of Isreal though.

I respect Isrealis both young and old, but personally I don't see them as any "special" country as the US props them up to be, I think one problem is that while we always try to shove blame on the Arab side, we rarely criticize Isreal FOR ANYTHING, or at least dismiss any blame (I look at their expansion of settlements which techically violates Int'l law).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 22:11   Link #3139
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Palin's gettin' bashed hard from all sides. I'm beginning to feel sorry for her.
Me too. She seems like a nice person, but not nearly experienced enough to be a President.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:40   Link #3140
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, the United States, Turkey, Germany, the United Kingdom (the "parent" of Israel) and India all have extremely close ties and alliances with Israel. And since we are in an alliance with Israel, we support them, and they in turn support us when they can.
I don't know about Germany, UK and India, but the relationship between Turkey and Israel is not at a very high level (or you can say similar to how it is between Turkey and some European country, the bigger ones), if you exclude the military operations. For Israel, Turkey is the only democratic state in the region (regardless of its faults) that it can communicate with in a friendly manner. And, the Turkish people in general are friendly towards the Jews (because of historical reasons) despite the religious conflict between Israel and other Islamic countries. That is the origin of the relationship between the states. But still, I think, Turkey is not a good example to illustrate US's relationship between Israel. In Turkey, Israel is generally viewed as a secret part of US, and I think that view is to a certain extent accurate. For US, it is a country that you can actually entrust your nuclear weapons. Can a relationship go any deeper than that?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, elections, politics, united_states