AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 15:49   Link #2201
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Yeah, that might be a good idea, but you wouldn't make it back to the airport, because you'll see me and other HnG fans first

I found something interesting though. I know that no one ever replies to one of my speculation posts, but I'll do it anyways. I think it's okay as long as we don't post more than one page of manga, right?
I'm sure I'd be there standing next to you to defend Hata-sensei from the ebil A-tan fans

Quote:
I found something interesting though. I know that no one ever replies to one of my speculation posts, but I'll do it anyways.
Let's bring a change to that then, shall we? ^^

Quote:
I think it's okay as long as we don't post more than one page of manga, right?
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/ce42aa2a.jpg

Say... does this page explain something to you? It seems that Maria knows Hina and her parents... I mean, Maria seemed to know Hina's father at least. I wonder if Maria had helped Hina and Yukiji to be adopted or something...
I asked the question if anyone else besides Hayate knew about Hina's past about a month ago in this thread and the conclusion was also that Maria seemed to know according to that manga page. I don't think Maria helped them get adopted though since Hina was probably (?) not able to enter Hakuou before getting adopted. It's also very likely that Miki knows about Hina's past due to her habit of having whole biographies of the people she knows (and her affection for Hina).

I do wonder if someone else knows as well since the subject has never really been brought up again in a serious way after the Hina b-day arc.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 17:41   Link #2202
bebichocpha

Quote:
Say... does this page explain something to you? It seems that Maria knows Hina and her parents... I mean, Maria seemed to know Hina's father at least. I wonder if Maria had helped Hina and Yukiji to be adopted or something...
I don't think so, bc Yukiji is way more older than Maria 11 years (i'm not sure). And in anime ep 13, it has a scene that Yukiji finds Hina's parents to adopted them. ( by force ^_^ ).

Quote:
This is what must happen in 239:

Hayate doesn't answer her question thinking it's better not to involve other people, and that it's his problem.. whatever.. Anyway, then she goes ballistic still thinking that it's her fault and starts bombarding him with silly questions, or slips up and accidentally confesses while he is under fire, and cant retaliate under the pressure.

Then silence...

Hayate: Eh?
Hina: (drawn really small) *blushing*
Is it true ?? ^_^
IF it's true, so this is the chapter we're all waiting for. but only one question, why in chap 238 last pic is light of something like a car, so who own it. ^_^

Last edited by bebichocpha; 2009-08-28 at 01:37.
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 19:44   Link #2203
IndoViking

Yep, it would be really cool to finally see the climax, after an apparent non-chapter chapter 238 (nothing happens...not much anyway ).
If it's actually a car, Athena has the biggest probability. Or it could be Nagi and Hamster . Then they would suddenly stop and pick up Hayate and Hina, and no confession will actually happen. Everybody (including me) would completely rage if that happens though
Old 2009-08-27, 20:16   Link #2204
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Could always just be Hina (and Hayate's?) ride back to wherever they're staying. I don't see why someone has to be in the supposed car, if it even has any relevance.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 20:23   Link #2205
IndoViking

Yeah, it could just be a passing car, or just a lamplight... we probably shouldn't read too much into it yet.
Old 2009-08-27, 22:06   Link #2206
RockD
's Most Ignored

Quote:
For some unknown reason, the number of people viewing this thread doubled.

I need to clarify something though.

He sounded as if Athena's arc was going to be over with Hina's dinner. Well, it's really unclear. I'll post direct translation of it. Hang on...

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata Kenjiro
Athena arc the 2nd part's climax....!
Though I said so, I didn't finish it this week...
Sorry....

Actually, everything was going to be put in in this week but,
At the point of Name(planning stage) it was more than 30 pages,
From there, I had cut it till the limit, but it was around 20 pages, so I had to divide it into two chapters.

So, please look forward to next week's dinner's conclusion!
I haven't had much stamina lately so I wasn't able to write long sentences,
But we have autumn's 合併号.... (what do you call this in English?)
If I manage to survive until that point...

See you next week~
um... 合併号 there means a merged issue or what we called a "double release"
correct me if I wrong...

Quote:
Yeah, that might be a good idea, but you wouldn't make it back to the airport, because you'll see me and other HnG fans first
me and my fellows will be your reinforcement, don't worry primuler sama~
RockD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 22:52   Link #2207
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebichocpha View Post
I don't think so, bc Yukiji is way more older than Maria at least 4 or 5 years (i'm not sure). And in anime ep 13, it has a scene that Yukiji finds Hina's parents to adopted them. ( by force ^_^ ).
Yukiji is 28, to Maria's 17. So an 11 year difference, not 4-5.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 00:52   Link #2208
Used Can

Quote:
He sounded as if Athena's arc was going to be over with Hina's dinner. Well, it's really unclear. I'll post direct translation of it. Hang on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata Kenjiro
Athena arc the 2nd part's climax....!
Though I said so, I didn't finish it this week...
Sorry....

Actually, everything was going to be put in in this week but,
At the point of Name(planning stage) it was more than 30 pages,
From there, I had cut it till the limit, but it was around 20 pages, so I had to divide it into two chapters.

So, please look forward to next week's dinner's conclusion!
I haven't had much stamina lately so I wasn't able to write long sentences,
But we have autumn's 合併号.... (what do you call this in English?)
If I manage to survive until that point...

See you next week~
Rather than Athena's arc ending, I took it as this particular part of her arc ending (i.e. just Hina's diner). Taking into account Athena made it quite clear she'd go for the stone, I'm fairly sure this arc is far from over. All the same, I wonder if this arc will solve all the issues with Athena.
Old 2009-08-28, 01:48   Link #2209
zibi88

well kinda most of the manga is about the relantionship between Athena and Hayate so it wont end up till they meet again and explain to each other everyting and clear up all misunderstandings (the same learning about the royal garden which was rulled byt the fairy tale king "king midas" )

It might end up the dinner arc. where Hina learns about the relantionship between athena and hayate.... and she might learn that he might still love her that's why her words cant reach him... so she might try and arange a meeting with athena so hayate could meet up with her again (and clear things up)

anyway I guess this dinner arc. is for makeing hina realize that its not her fault that hayate is depressed.... but its about something in hayates past...

so nah its not the end of athena arc. but I could say its only the beggining XD becouse athena will try to get all stones after all... so that meens that she will meet hayate again...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 02:51   Link #2210
crae0n

Damn that hayate, making the misunderstandings worse... why can't he just tell hina all about a-tan.... (sorry for hina fans, but I think a-tan is better than her... I think that's the reason why I just can't relate with you being excited with this kind of development)
crae0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 02:53   Link #2211
primuler
Love For 3D

Right... so it's very likely that Maria didn't help Yukiji to be adopted...

Anyways, I found spoilers for 239. But it wasn't posted with screenshots, so you shouldn't trust this version too much.

I'm 50% sure that this is a fake, but still...

Spoiler for Sorry... I'm too exhausted to translate properly...:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 04:22   Link #2212
IndoViking

Thanks primuler, even if it might be fake

Well, if it's true, that would be a rather "straight" confession by her, especially after Hayate talks about Athena. I thought she wouldn't say anything and just help Hayate. I guess it's the weather . What a great way of confessing by Hina by comparing her situation with Athena...
Old 2009-08-28, 05:14   Link #2213
Mentar
Banned

Hi Primuler,

as always thanks for your links and help ... one question though...

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 05:15   Link #2214
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

First of all, I think Maria would be very upset if she could read these posts. Seriously, Yukiji is an adult and has been for some time while Maria (despite popular belief, for some reason) is only a teenager like everyone else.

Next up, I keep wondering why we all refer to the original concept for the manga as a guide to what will happen. I mean, Hata decided to change it after all so it could be completely wrong. It wouldn't matter that Nagi or Athena was the planned heroine if he's changed his mind sometime since then. Besides, he may have Hayate end up with some random character we may not have even met yet just to subvert the usual anime tropes. It actually would be kind of funny, who really marries their high school sweetheart?

As for the next chapter, it's possible that the alleged car will be just a passing car and be there only to get us thinking. I really wouldn't put a trick like that past Hata after some of the other stuff he's pulled. So far nobody's actually tried to prove my last point wrong either...just because Hayate tells Hinagiku about Athena doesn't mean it will be a bad thing for her and them ending up together. If it's true that Athena is a catalyst for their relationship then everything seems to be going according to plan and maybe in later chapters Hayate and Hina will be closer and more comfortable together. Still, for now let's see how this next chapter plays out to see where Hata might be taking all this.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 05:40   Link #2215
primuler
Love For 3D

Just as I thought. The spoiler was fake. The real one... this is gonna shock everybody, I'm sure.

Spoiler for Hayate no Gotoku 239 - Silkyheart:

Last edited by primuler; 2009-08-28 at 12:11.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 06:35   Link #2216
IndoViking

Quote:
Just as I thought. The spoiler was fake. The real one... this is gonna shock everybody, I'm sure.

Spoiler for Hayate no Gotoku 239 - Silkyheart:
Thanks Primuler

Ohmygod, there goes the confirmation. Rejoice Athena-shippers! We Hina-fans have little hope...i kinda figured this out though, Hayate did say there are two things he'd like to say to Athena, one being "sorry". Now we know the other.

EDIT : I forgot to ask one question. What will happen to Hina, after this confession? She could be Ayumu#2, or she could just abandon her confession forever, or any other possibilities?
Old 2009-08-28, 06:40   Link #2217
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Hina musters up her courage and plans to unleash her confession..

Then Hayate does a Combo breaker.

I felt that was appropriate..
Old 2009-08-28, 06:45   Link #2218
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Hina musters up her courage and plans to unleash her confession..

Then Hayate does a Combo breaker.

I felt that was appropriate..
Because it is too early for a hina-confession?
Old 2009-08-28, 06:49   Link #2219
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
Thanks Primuler

EDIT : I forgot to ask one question. What will happen to Hina, after this confession? She could be Ayumu#2, or she could just abandon her confession forever, or any other possibilities?
Hina x Hamster end and forget all about Hayate
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 07:51   Link #2220
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
Because it is too early for a hina-confession?
Repeated attempts of Hina trying to show her feelings.

The real reason is just it just popped out of nowhere.

Tags
comedy, shounen