AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 36 46.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-26, 23:53   Link #81
evangeline88
Moe Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Yui is so girly this episode you have to wonder why she doesn't have a boyfriend yet. Look at her yearbooks her school had boys. Unless Ui has something to do with it. She can pretend to be her sister.
Because she already has Azu-nyan?

But sometimes I'm wondering, is there a chance that Yui and Ui are actually twins?
Maybe they're on different year because of some un-mentioned things?

Old 2010-08-26, 23:57   Link #82
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are a lot of potential MugiVision scenes this episode.

Ui's sneak attack on Azunyan. (Mugi would have liked that one)
Ritsu and Yui's attack on Azunyan (more teasing than MugiVision quality)
Mugi doing Yui's hair (not very strong vibe on this one)
Mugi doing Ritsu's hair (strong vibe here)
Mio knowing where Ritsu's hairband goes exactly (potential)
Then Mugi's little happy dance.

Also the weather changed a bit towards the end as Ui has on her scarf on Yui's picture day.

Also Mugi is strict from Yui for once...threatening with the one thing Yui responds to without fail...snacks.
Old 2010-08-27, 00:03   Link #83
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just realized that there's an almost inappropriate amount of time spent focusing on Mugi combing on Yui's hair and the... "intense" amount of concentration she's putting into it.
Old 2010-08-27, 00:38   Link #84
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Yui's voice actress was pretty excellent in this episode :S I guess I never realized how great the cast is lol. Her nervous shaky voice when she chopped off her hair was great xD Even excellent when she calmly (yet still freaking out) rejected the idea of a hairband.
Old 2010-08-27, 01:24   Link #85
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangeline88 View Post
Because she already has Azu-nyan?

But sometimes I'm wondering, is there a chance that Yui and Ui are actually twins?
Maybe they're on different year because of some un-mentioned things?
We actually saw them as wee kids Ui is definitely younger. Though Ui's maturity, in more ways than one, manages to catch up that they look virtually like twins.

Puberty though was kinder to Ui as Sawa-chan can testify.

Ui sticks too close to her sister. We joke that she might be a be yandere. With that I can imagine her sabotaging guys attempts to woo her sister by pretending to be Yui and rejecting them.
Old 2010-08-27, 01:35   Link #86
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

That's imaginable. XD

I really wanna see Ui and Yui go two places both saying I'm Yui. =D (Damn confusion?!) =P

It's like saying you can be at two places at once!
Old 2010-08-27, 02:32   Link #87
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There are a lot of potential MugiVision scenes this episode.

Ui's sneak attack on Azunyan. (Mugi would have liked that one)
Ritsu and Yui's attack on Azunyan (more teasing than MugiVision quality)
Mugi doing Yui's hair (not very strong vibe on this one)
Mugi doing Ritsu's hair (strong vibe here)
Mio knowing where Ritsu's hairband goes exactly (potential)
Then Mugi's little happy dance.
Goggles at 11.

> Ui's sneak attack on Azunyan. (Mugi would have liked that one)
Yes, she definitely would. But who's to know that she wasn't there to see the glorious scene?

> Mugi doing Yui's hair (not very strong vibe on this one)
Not very strong on Yui, but this pretty much gives away who Mugi was thinking of. Show your forehead with pride! Who could it be?

The second hairstyle has a bit of hint towards the little kitty as well...hm, hm.

> Mugi doing Ritsu's hair (strong vibe here)
Zutto sawaritai! Take her home, Mugi, take her home. You'll be able to touch Ritsu all you want. I love the masterful position of Mio in this scene too. Just what do you think goes through her mind and face here?

> Mio knowing where Ritsu's hairband goes exactly (potential)
It's a reaffirmation of where her position is involving Ritsu. And a strong statement against Mugi. I'm the husband wife best friend. Therefore I know her better than you'll ever do!

> Then Mugi's little happy dance.
Everything went better than expected and just as planned.gif Right here.

*removes goggles off*

Oh, they're just typical girls who like sticking together and play with each other's hair.
Old 2010-08-27, 04:09   Link #88
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Wow...those googles look sweet! =D

*tries them*

*is half-disgusted*

That was disturbing. Still, it turned one thing into a different thing.

DO NOT understimate the power of Mugivision™
Old 2010-08-27, 04:26   Link #89
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
> Mugi doing Ritsu's hair (strong vibe here)
Zutto sawaritai! Take her home, Mugi, take her home. You'll be able to touch Ritsu all you want. I love the masterful position of Mio in this scene too. Just what do you think goes through her mind and face here?

> Mio knowing where Ritsu's hairband goes exactly (potential)
It's a reaffirmation of where her position is involving Ritsu. And a strong statement against Mugi. I'm the husband wife best friend. Therefore I know her better than you'll ever do!
This may be a result of that :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-27, 05:37   Link #90
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6278.html
http://ota-suke.jp/news/41852

K-On!! has 3 episodes left: The main storyline ends at episode 24...with 2 special episodes(And 1 OVA).

Last edited by winhlp32; 2010-08-27 at 07:56. Reason: Change text size
Old 2010-08-27, 05:48   Link #91
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

K-On!! has 3 episodes left: The main storyline ends at episode 24...with 2 special episodes(And 1 OVA).
What? NOOO!!!!! so sad...
Old 2010-08-27, 05:58   Link #92
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Y_Y so true...sigh...
Old 2010-08-27, 06:06   Link #93
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:

That still makes 27 episodes, so yay.

;___;
Old 2010-08-27, 07:16   Link #94
Pachael
原作通り

kakifly and kyoani have planned this, no doubt, the manga finishing only days prior.
Old 2010-08-27, 08:52   Link #95
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:

Unsurprising. I knew when they'd announced 26 episodes that at least one of them was going to be direct-to-Blu-Ray. Of course, if there are only three episodes left, that's a fair bit of manga they're going to be cramming into those three episodes. Unless they put the final parts of the manga in the episodes people are going to have to pay to own on disc.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:20   Link #96
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Unsurprising. I knew when they'd announced 26 episodes that at least one of them was going to be direct-to-Blu-Ray. Of course, if there are only three episodes left, that's a fair bit of manga they're going to be cramming into those three episodes. Unless they put the final parts of the manga in the episodes people are going to have to pay to own on disc.
Apperently two eps will be extra, which means they will be aired. Kind like how they did with Clannad (EP 23) and with K-on first season (EP 13). only the last ep should be a DVD/BD only.
Old 2010-08-27, 19:58   Link #97
Blastoise
Forever9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
still waiting for honey sweet tea time
i know right. i have been waiting for that! xD

K ON!! ending is

nooo!
Old 2010-08-27, 21:46   Link #98
Jiyuukage115

I quite enjoyed this episode. After number 20 I don't think I have any tears left, but this one was definitely a milestone episode as well. The fact that they're all going to the same university seems kind of like a "perfect path" option like you'd see in some yuri RPG. If it's what the fans want, though, I won't complain.
Old 2010-08-28, 00:13   Link #99
blooglah24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Besides, the end of episode 20 marks the end of Hokago Tea Time; it does not mark the end of the girls' friendship. The hand-holding scene emphasizes that these girls have fully made the transition from mere high school clubmates/bandmates to full-up, no-kidding friends whose bond transcends their high school light music club.

Besides that besides, Yui and Ritsu are going to try to get admitted to the sort of prestigious high-ranked university that their smarter/more diligent friends can get into with comparative ease. In spite of advice from their guidance counselor/advisor that, perhaps, a (really) careful review of their options is in order. Their success is far from guaranteed . . . you can see the "WTF? Yui, Ritsu . . . really?" sentiment lurking in Sawako's flat, curiously neutral, expression as she looks over their career plans.
GMT has got it right. When the girls were crying at the end of episode 20, it wasn't for the end of their friendship, it was for the end of their highschool days together. Notice that all the things they were lamenting during the crying were things that they could only do while still in highschool (freshmen recruitment concert, school festival, etc). When Yui was thanking everything under the sun during the concert, she was thanking them for helping to make the previous three years of her life (and the rest of the HTT) the best she's ever had. I think Yui's seemingly incomprehensible line before the last song summed things up pretty well.

"After School Tea Time is forever and ever, after school!"

If you think about it, it actually makes a lot of sense. "After school" is basically a special time in the day which takes place, well, after school. Now with the girls leaving school they will never be able to recreate those days, but the memories will live on in their hearts. This doesn't mean that they can't still be friends, it just means that their beloved highschool days of sitting around in the clubroom and eating snacks are over. And as we saw, the reality of having to leave those days behind was just too much for them to handle.

K-ON!(!) has always been, first and foremost, a coming of age story, and episode 20 was pretty much its climax. But now with the revelation in episode 21 that they are trying to get into the same school together, we are shown that kyoani/kakifly are taking on a different slant than your typical coming of age. That slant being the idea that although you may grow up, you do not have to give up the things you loved as a child.

This was foreshadowed pretty early in the season in episode 7 (Tea Party episode) with Sokabe. We were shown that although she had become more sophisticated and had gone on to higher education (i.e. "grown up"), she was still able to enjoy the things she did back in highschool (when she would still be considered a "child"), which was being a slightly obsessed big fan of Mio. Now with the girls of the HTT, were seeing something very similar. They may be forced to grow up, but they are still holding on to what they loved during their childhood, which is their friendship together.

I personally find it pretty sweet that they're attempting to fight conventional wisdom by staying together, and it's rather fitting for a happy and fun series like this. And I'd say say that them making it into the same uni isn't as far-fetched as it may seem. I did something similar myself going to the same university on the mainland with two of my closest friends despite it being thousands of miles away from where we lived (I'd say that obstacle is similar in difficulty as Yui and Ritsu getting into a prestigious university). And I'm sure it happens frequently all over the place as well.
Old 2010-08-28, 00:55   Link #100
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Ui hugging Azusa when she put her hair like Yui's at the start made this whole episode for me, it was soo cute and funny I just laughed a good bit at it when Ui said she always wanted to hug Azusa like Yui does and I just smiled .
MAL
Closed Thread